UC Davis 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

bump

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Top14Hope wrote:"Evaluation in Progress" as of today with a 3.7 167... Anyone else have/had this as their status? I'm almost positive that when I checked it at 7EST Friday that it was that other waiting shizzzz.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby yo! » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:"Evaluation in Progress" as of today with a 3.7 167... Anyone else have/had this as their status? I'm almost positive that when I checked it at 7EST Friday that it was that other waiting shizzzz.


From my experience, this is a bad sign. Basically, "evaluation in progress" means that they are throwing your app into a waitlist/rejection pile. If they need more than a day to consider your app, you obviously did not impress them enough. Once they accept everyone else, they might come back to you. But I have to be honest, it's not looking good.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

yo! wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:"Evaluation in Progress" as of today with a 3.7 167... Anyone else have/had this as their status? I'm almost positive that when I checked it at 7EST Friday that it was that other waiting shizzzz.


From my experience, this is a bad sign. Basically, "evaluation in progress" means that they are throwing your app into a waitlist/rejection pile. If they need more than a day to consider your app, you obviously did not impress them enough. Once they accept everyone else, they might come back to you. But I have to be honest, it's not looking good.



Are you being serious? Where do you get this information?

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:16 pm

tea_drinker wrote:
yo! wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:"Evaluation in Progress" as of today with a 3.7 167... Anyone else have/had this as their status? I'm almost positive that when I checked it at 7EST Friday that it was that other waiting shizzzz.


From my experience, this is a bad sign. Basically, "evaluation in progress" means that they are throwing your app into a waitlist/rejection pile. If they need more than a day to consider your app, you obviously did not impress them enough. Once they accept everyone else, they might come back to you. But I have to be honest, it's not looking good.



Are you being serious? Where do you get this information?

LMAO!! Calm down. Evaluation in progress means exactly what you think it means: evaluation in progress. They are looking at your app and you should get a decision before long.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:21 pm

yeah, searched TLS after I posted, and saw what I wanted to see.

JD=Doctor
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby JD=Doctor » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:51 pm

UCD requested me to submit my Fall grades to LSAC

how bad is this? does this mean im very borderline? >> i wouldnt even consider them w/out $$

and im around the 75th of both lsat/gpa

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby bergg007 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:00 pm

every day that passes I'm more and more convinced they just aren't that into me. and there is no way i'm sending in fall grades, they sucked.

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby J Burrito » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:46 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:UCD requested me to submit my Fall grades to LSAC

how bad is this? does this mean im very borderline? >> i wouldnt even consider them w/out $$

and im around the 75th of both lsat/gpa


Last cycle, they requested my Fall grades and then accepted me a few weeks later. I think they just want to make sure your grades didn't take a nose-dive before they make a final decision. With your numbers, I wouldn't worry.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby yo! » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 pm

tea_drinker wrote:
yo! wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:"Evaluation in Progress" as of today with a 3.7 167... Anyone else have/had this as their status? I'm almost positive that when I checked it at 7EST Friday that it was that other waiting shizzzz.


From my experience, this is a bad sign. Basically, "evaluation in progress" means that they are throwing your app into a waitlist/rejection pile. If they need more than a day to consider your app, you obviously did not impress them enough. Once they accept everyone else, they might come back to you. But I have to be honest, it's not looking good.



Are you being serious? Where do you get this information?


No. That guy annoyed me, so I felt the need to mess with his head :mrgreen:

JD=Doctor
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby JD=Doctor » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 pm

J Burrito wrote:
JD=Doctor wrote:UCD requested me to submit my Fall grades to LSAC

how bad is this? does this mean im very borderline? >> i wouldnt even consider them w/out $$

and im around the 75th of both lsat/gpa


Last cycle, they requested my Fall grades and then accepted me a few weeks later. I think they just want to make sure your grades didn't take a nose-dive before they make a final decision. With your numbers, I wouldn't worry.



thanks :)

User avatar
plug1
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby plug1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm

anyone else still at “Application Received – Processing in Progress”. I applied Nov 3rd :(

User avatar
minky
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby minky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:13 pm

plug1 wrote:anyone else still at “Application Received – Processing in Progress”. I applied Nov 3rd :(


I went complete on 11/17 and still waiting as well....

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah Davis is ridiculously slow. I'm not anticipating an answer until the end of February.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 pm

in today via e-mail...in cali
165/3.98

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:in today via e-mail...in cali
165/3.98


Oh very nice!

Mind talking about your time period? Complete ---> Awaiting Eval ---> In Eval??

I am still at AE and it's making me extremely nervous!

You're 1 point above median so I guess that probably made your case better than my 2 points < median.
Last edited by Aggiegrad2011 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby Chouchous » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 pm

still awaiting eval...really hoping for some movement soon!!

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:in today via e-mail...in cali
165/3.98


Oh very nice!

Mind talking about your time period? Complete ---> Awaiting Eval ---> In Eval??

I am still at AE and it's making me extremely nervous!

You're 1 point above median so I guess that probably made your case better than my 2 points < median.


You will be fine....I think the turn around was quick for me b/c I submitted 9/22--> under review...never checked when b/c I assumed that it would be awhile and got a decision in the mail today. Also in with 10 k, not much but for a uc still something.

Let me know if you would like any more info--:) and GOOD LUCK

chicityteacher
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby chicityteacher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Evaluation in Progress as of today!

My application went complete at 11/9 though...is this bad?

I know that they evaluate apps in random order, so I might have just gotten unlucky. Based on what everyone is saying though, it looks like I should expect a decision in April?

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

I am still awaiting evaluation. At this point I am just getting annoyed.

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 pm

chicityteacher wrote:Evaluation in Progress as of today!

My application went complete at 11/9 though...is this bad?

I know that they evaluate apps in random order, so I might have just gotten unlucky. Based on what everyone is saying though, it looks like I should expect a decision in April?

+1

swordsfish
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:40 am

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby swordsfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:I am still awaiting evaluation. At this point I am just getting annoyed.


ditto.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11743
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 am

chicityteacher wrote:Evaluation in Progress as of today!

My application went complete at 11/9 though...is this bad?

I know that they evaluate apps in random order, so I might have just gotten unlucky. Based on what everyone is saying though, it looks like I should expect a decision in April?


Ahhh..... I thought Davis would just never evaluate me since it feels like we've been waiting so long, but I also went into evaluation today. I've been complete since mid/late October though, so who knows.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 am

So by my calcuations, December completes like me will be in review around...October 2014.

The wait is especially painful because Davis is my #1, and I'd like to start making plans around them. They're making it very tough on me.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 am

Eval. in progress finally...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hip to be Square, SevenSeven77 and 11 guests