UC Davis 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
msch0i

Silver

UC Davis 2011

Post by msch0i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Applied yesterday. I heard Davis is notoriously slow...

Who else has applied? 8)

vegenator

Bronze

Re: UC Davis 2011

Post by vegenator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Haven't applied yet. Waiting for a fee waiver (they seem slow with those.... :mrgreen: ).
Here's the link to their decision date chart FWIW.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... -Davis.jpg

The chart puts them at releasing decision in mid December, but they could be slower since the chart's from 08-09. I haven't looked closely enough at last year's thread to see when they sent out admits.

Davis is a lovely place, by the way.... and you have to love that it's about 1.5 hours from SF and the ocean and about 2 hours from Lake Tahoe & the Sierra Nevadas.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:31 pm

vegenator wrote:1.5 hours from SF
This is either with traffic or if you drive like a grandma.

vegenator

Bronze

Post by vegenator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, you're right. It's less than 1.5, more like 60-70 min. I lived just south of Sacramento. It's 1.5 hours from there.... forgot to subtract the time from my old place to Davis :oops:

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:42 pm

msch0i wrote:Applied yesterday. I heard Davis is notoriously slow...

Who else has applied? 8)
Submitted my app two weeks ago, and it is still being processed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Around when did you receive any word from them? Davis is my realistic top choice so I'm anxious about this one :oops:

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:06 pm

I received an e-mail with status checker about one week after LSAC completed.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Sent mine off 10/8 and got my status checker 10/11. Just waiting for my LSAT score before I can go complete. The 29th cannot get here fast enough.

firecracker

New

Post by firecracker » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Just submitted my application!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:48 pm

I have applied... but the status checker is broken. I am surprised they're so slow! I'm a current Aggie undergrad and everything associated with the UG school is fantastic! Maybe it's the whole renovations thing?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:17 am

This would be one of my top choices if I got in. Love the area.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:21 am

I just went complete. It took almost three weeks. I'm not complaining though - Davis was the fastest of the non-electronic crew to go complete.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 am

Anyone going to the thing on the 12th? I'm driving up for a party at my friend's place so I'll go there for funsies. Davis is gonna be one of my safeties.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:55 am

Crap! I have already submitted my app, and I did not realize that I had to submit a LSAT score difference addendum (I am a retaker). My advisor told me I should not submit it unless it is required since I do not have a very good excuse ( I simply just did not study very diligently the first time around since I got great PT scores). I thought I checked thoroughly to make sure they did not require it, however I just realized that they do. My application is still not yet complete - should I send it as an e-mail to the admissions office? Thanks in advance for your advice!

dodgerboy86

New

Post by dodgerboy86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:15 pm

ilovesf wrote:Crap! I have already submitted my app, and I did not realize that I had to submit a LSAT score difference addendum (I am a retaker). My advisor told me I should not submit it unless it is required since I do not have a very good excuse ( I simply just did not study very diligently the first time around since I got great PT scores). I thought I checked thoroughly to make sure they did not require it, however I just realized that they do. My application is still not yet complete - should I send it as an e-mail to the admissions office? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Yeah, I'd def send the addendum; if it's not yet complete the admission dept will simply throw it into your application packet; no big deal!

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Good luck guys! I'm currently a Davis 1L and was in your shoes exactly a year ago. If you have any questions about Davis, don't hesitate to ask!

If this application cycle is anything like last year's, some of you may be in for a long wait. I promise it'll be worth it! :D

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 pm

J Burrito wrote:Good luck guys! I'm currently a Davis 1L and was in your shoes exactly a year ago. If you have any questions about Davis, don't hesitate to ask!

If this application cycle is anything like last year's, some of you may be in for a long wait. I promise it'll be worth it! :D
So it's OK that they've barely gotten ANYTHING of mine updated after a week? Just about every other school I've applied to so far has me at complete and under review and some of them I've only been applied to for about 2 days.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
J Burrito wrote:Good luck guys! I'm currently a Davis 1L and was in your shoes exactly a year ago. If you have any questions about Davis, don't hesitate to ask!

So it's OK that they've barely gotten ANYTHING of mine updated after a week? Just about every other school I've applied to so far has me at complete and under review and some of them I've only been applied to for about 2 days.
That's definitely not unusual. You might be "awaiting evaluation" (or whatever it says) for more than a month. Last year Davis was extremely slow, if not the slowest. If other schools have received all of your materials, I wouldn't worry about Davis. They just take forever to update. Hang in there!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm

J Burrito wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

That's definitely not unusual. You might be "awaiting evaluation" (or whatever it says) for more than a month. Last year Davis was extremely slow, if not the slowest. If other schools have received all of your materials, I wouldn't worry about Davis. They just take forever to update. Hang in there!
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm currently finishing my senior year at Davis and I would like to stay here. I have a lot of roots in Northern California and would love to work here. My biggest problem is that other schools to which I am applying are definitely going to render decisions before UCD and that is going to put me in a tough spot, thanks to how slow UCD apparently is. Blargh. This whole process is so frustrating isn't it?

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of law interests you most, and are you planning to make a career in the Nor Cal area?

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
J Burrito wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm currently finishing my senior year at Davis and I would like to stay here. I have a lot of roots in Northern California and would love to work here. My biggest problem is that other schools to which I am applying are definitely going to render decisions before UCD and that is going to put me in a tough spot, thanks to how slow UCD apparently is. Blargh. This whole process is so frustrating isn't it?

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of law interests you most, and are you planning to make a career in the Nor Cal area?
Don't stress about that too much. I applied in January and received my decision in April. You were smart and applied (relatively) early. Davis was the last school I heard from and it did put me in a bit of a bind, but it all worked out in the end. I actually submitted a deposit at another school the week before I was accepted to Davis. $200 down the drain to attend a better school - it didn't bother me too much. :wink: I doubt you'll find yourself in that situation.

I grew up in the Bay Area and would definitely like to return when I'm done here. Davis has a lot of connections in Norcal, especially in Sacramento. If you'd like to stay in the area, King Hall is definitely a great option. Many types of law interest me but I'm not totally sure what I'd like to actually practice.

If you haven't heard about it already, King Hall is hosting a prospective applicants open house on Nov. 13th. Since you're already here, you should come check it out! http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/news/event.aspx?id=2445

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:09 am

Heh, yeah, it could've definitely been earlier, but I really needed to get my October LSAT score posted before my applications would be reviewed. Still, I had them all in before November so it's not *that* late (Not compared to after New year's anyway).

Thanks again for the friendly words. I am definitely not counting King Hall out. I love the Davis campus and biking everywhere... but I am a little perturbed at spending so much money on law school to go to a school that has an interior which distinctly reminds me of high school (Especially the lockers, yikes).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:07 pm

I just received my complete email. Does anyone know when Davis start looking at apps?

STPaulTennis

New

Post by STPaulTennis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Hey all - I am happy to answer questions about UCD. Either PM or post a message and I will check back now and again.

I am 1L, so some knowledge will be limited.

Good luck -

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:23 pm

STPaulTennis wrote:Hey all - I am happy to answer questions about UCD. Either PM or post a message and I will check back now and again.

I am 1L, so some knowledge will be limited.

Good luck -

Just got my complete - awaiting evaluation status. Do you know at what range they give out scholarships?

cmk

New

Post by cmk » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Applied 11/22, received 11/23. Currently "processing in progress." I love that the status check website says "There is no need to panic" regarding the Documents Missing section of the site.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”