UC Davis 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Re: UC Davis 2011

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Hah, what I'm waiting for both Hastings and Davis? :X

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hah, what I'm waiting for both Hastings and Davis? :X
+1

Aggie - you and I have applied to alot of the same schools. good luck!

athenian

Bronze

Post by athenian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Is anyone else put off by the incredibly high cost of attendendance?

What are the chances that the tuition is going to increase again over the next three years?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
+1

How's your cycle going so far? I hope better than mine. :(

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
+1

sistergirl...I have been UR at all my schools since the second week of November and not a damn word, I am beginning to think this is going to be a very loooooong cycle for me. :cry:
I would LOVE to hear from at least ONE before they all break for the holiday on Friday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
+1

sistergirl...I have been UR at all my schools since the second week of November and not a damn word, I am beginning to think this is going to be a very loooooong cycle for me. :cry:
I would LOVE to hear from at least ONE before they all break for the holiday on Friday.

IIRC your numbers are a little bit better than mine aren't they? I'm kind of surprised that you haven't heard back yet. As far as hearing before break, would you want your holiday straight up ruined by "This decision doesn't mean we don't think you can practice law, you just suck at the LSAT and we can't have you lower our numbers"? Ugh.

Crazycall2

New

Post by Crazycall2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 pm

also applied..complete for a while, not under review yet

athenian

Bronze

Post by athenian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Crazycall2 wrote:also applied..complete for a while, not under review yet
It takes a while. Davis was incredibly slow last cycle.

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Has anyone who applied this cycle received a fee waiver? I emailed them to request one, and they simply said they would be checking the CRS in a few weeks (which I'm sure has now passed). Thanks! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Same...

Mike088

Bronze

Post by Mike088 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:37 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:
Same...

Me too, those are both my top two choices. I am very borderline in both though,probably reaching. I am hoping LEOP will help me out some when it comes to Hastings..

I don't know why, but i still check UCD status even now that i know there's no reason too. I'm thankful that Hastings doesn't seem to have a status check available.

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 pm

athenian wrote:Is anyone else put off by the incredibly high cost of attendendance?

What are the chances that the tuition is going to increase again over the next three years?
Will the tuition increase?

Do woodchucks chuck wood?

Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle?

Am I drunk as shit from going out after finally finishing my contracts final?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:17 am

yo! wrote:
athenian wrote:Is anyone else put off by the incredibly high cost of attendendance?

Did you have JPH or one of the easy Ks profs?

(Also, of course tuition is increasing. I wish it weren't, but I'm not about to join the goofballs trying to block I-80 over the whole thing.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:36 pm

SBL wrote:
yo! wrote:

(Also, of course tuition is increasing. I wish it weren't, but I'm not about to join the goofballs trying to block I-80 over the whole thing.)
Yeah, unfortunately tuition at all the UC schools is increasing and that includes the law schools. The California government has severely cut back on their funding for the University of California system and the California State schools as well.

California has a huge deficit. During undergrad, my tuition had increased by more than $1000 per quarter by the time I graduated.

I would definitely say there is a high chance tuition will increase over the next three years.

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:28 pm

SBL wrote:
yo! wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, he had Winky (as did I). Winky makes the other K profs look like Mickey Mouse. (Kidding, kind of) :wink:

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 am

J Burrito wrote:
SBL wrote:
yo! wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, he had Winky (as did I). Winky makes the other K profs look like Mickey Mouse. (Kidding, kind of) :wink:

haha...how the hell do you know who I am?
WRT the increases: Fortunately I planned for them, but a lot of people don't think it's going to raise. Fucking idiots I say....

Mike088

Bronze

Post by Mike088 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:58 pm

My app just went complete... had been awaiting processing since 12/6. Should i be excited or not get my hopes up for news soon? also will it update to when it's in committee ?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mike088

Bronze

Post by Mike088 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 pm

just reread through the thread... looks like i'll be awaiting evaluation for quite a while. ah well.

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:07 pm

In today via email. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for another month or two, so that was great news.

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:23 pm

calilaw wrote:In today via email. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for another month or two, so that was great news.
Wow! congrats! What a nice surprise!

I've been "Awaiting Evaluation" for months. Did your status change? When did you submit?

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:11 pm

mistermister wrote:
calilaw wrote:In today via email. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for another month or two, so that was great news.
Wow! congrats! What a nice surprise!

I've been "Awaiting Evaluation" for months. Did your status change? When did you submit?
Thanks! I submitted mid-November. My status didn't change, and they mentioned that it won't change until they mail a formal letter.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:27 am

Whoa, you got in!! That's awesome... I'm still awaiting evaluation. I'm so nervous I can't even freaking describe how nervous I am. =/

You're like a super auto admit right, Cali, numbers-wise? I think I remember that.

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:07 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Whoa, you got in!! That's awesome... I'm still awaiting evaluation. I'm so nervous I can't even freaking describe how nervous I am. =/

You're like a super auto admit right, Cali, numbers-wise? I think I remember that.
My numbers are really strong for Davis, and I've been accepted to some higher ranked schools. But I'm genuinely excited about this acceptance, because I plan on living in California long-term and I love the school. I'm seriously considering attending.

I think I remember that you have decent numbers for Davis as well, so I'm sure you'll be getting an acceptance too. :wink:

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 am

calilaw wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Whoa, you got in!! That's awesome... I'm still awaiting evaluation. I'm so nervous I can't even freaking describe how nervous I am. =/

My numbers are really strong for Davis, and I've been accepted to some higher ranked schools. But I'm genuinely excited about this acceptance, because I plan on living in California long-term and I love the school. I'm seriously considering attending.

I think I remember that you have decent numbers for Davis as well, so I'm sure you'll be getting an acceptance too. :wink:
I don't know. My LSAT is 2 points under median and just at 25th. My GPA, of course, destroys their 75th but GPA doesn't mean anything for law school admissions apparently.

After being Held at BC my confidence is shot. I hope you're right, as I submitted and went complete before you did.

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:37 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
calilaw wrote:

I don't know. My LSAT is 2 points under median and just at 25th. My GPA, of course, destroys their 75th but GPA doesn't mean anything for law school admissions apparently.

After being Held at BC my confidence is shot. I hope you're right, as I submitted and went complete before you did.
I think Davis, like the other UC's, places more emphasis on GPA than other schools nationally. So you have that working in your favor. Plus a large number of people were offered admission last year with your LSAT score (or lower), if you're at the 25th.. why did they get in? Probably high GPA for many of them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”