Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby ran12 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 pm

It took about a week after decision rendered on status checkers for people who got in during first batch to get emails

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Claudius » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 pm

The Gentleman wrote:My status checker is "Decision Rendered" 1/5/2011. No email or phone call though.

Should I be worried?


Does it show anything about a scholarship agreement form to the bottom right under Requirements List? That's how folks from the first batch knew they had been accepted.

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Claudius » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Spack wrote:
Doubt it. I have been complete since November 9th or so and my status checker changed on the 7th of December and I'm STILL in review. I sense a rejection for me..


It's not a fantastic sign, but don't be too sure. Case has already begun rejecting folks. No news is better than being rejected. And if it makes you feel any better, I've been complete since October 4th.

User avatar
Spack
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Spack » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Claudius wrote:
Spack wrote:
Doubt it. I have been complete since November 9th or so and my status checker changed on the 7th of December and I'm STILL in review. I sense a rejection for me..


It's not a fantastic sign, but don't be too sure. Case has already begun rejecting folks. No news is better than being rejected. And if it makes you feel any better, I've been complete since October 4th.


I bet they're just waiting until they can arrange for a parade to deliver our acceptance letters to us :P

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby SrLaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Spack wrote:
Claudius wrote:
Spack wrote:
Doubt it. I have been complete since November 9th or so and my status checker changed on the 7th of December and I'm STILL in review. I sense a rejection for me..


It's not a fantastic sign, but don't be too sure. Case has already begun rejecting folks. No news is better than being rejected. And if it makes you feel any better, I've been complete since October 4th.


I bet they're just waiting until they can arrange for a parade to deliver our acceptance letters to us :P


I hope we get some scholarship news soon. Case Western has became my top choice and I really would love to get some big $$$$ and know where I am going asap.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Albatross » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 am

Just found this thread. Submitted Case Western app a few days ago. Good luck to all.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby The Gentleman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:46 pm

In! Got the email today! I guess I had no reason to worry.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby SrLaw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Well, I got my December score and it was a 167!!!!


I probably will not be attending Case anymore, however, I still have a lot of love for this school.

User avatar
mckeeper1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby mckeeper1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Anyone hear anything lately? I am wondering when the next batch of decisions will be released. I have been UR since 12/6 and a month later my nerves have only gotten worse...ha. Since being rejected at Pitt, I think Case is my number one so I would love to hear something positive in the near future...

User avatar
mckeeper1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby mckeeper1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

SrLaw wrote:Well, I got my December score and it was a 167!!!!


I probably will not be attending Case anymore, however, I still have a lot of love for this school.


Congrats on the 167 by the way. Where do you think you would like to go now with that score?

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby SrLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Not sure, Case Western is still on my list because I really do like the school. However, I would drop it down to spot 3-4 now.

Has anyone who has been accepted heard ANYTHING about $$$ or even get a hard copy acceptance letter?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby ran12 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 pm

SrLaw wrote:Not sure, Case Western is still on my list because I really do like the school. However, I would drop it down to spot 3-4 now.

Has anyone who has been accepted heard ANYTHING about $$$ or even get a hard copy acceptance letter?


I called today and asked when scholarships are going to be sent out and they told me they did not know yet. As for hard copy acceptance letter, I don't think that will be sent out b/c all the info you need is essentially on the admitted students site.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby swilson215 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Got dinged yesterday via email. Haven't checked my status checker in a while, couldn't tell you when/if it updated, but do know that I've gotten into better ranked schools, including my top choice with $$, so I wouldn't have attended Case anyway.

So there. :P

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Claudius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:31 pm

swilson215 wrote:Got dinged yesterday via email. Haven't checked my status checker in a while, couldn't tell you when/if it updated, but do know that I've gotten into better ranked schools, including my top choice with $$, so I wouldn't have attended Case anyway.

So there. :P


Sorry to hear about that. It's frustrating to see them turn away someone over their 75% LSAT. I expect to be put out to pasture, too. Hopefully soon.

User avatar
j88
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby j88 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Just got an e-mail explaining that they have finished the preliminary review and that I am on hold until late April...They made sure to stress that it was not a Wait List...awesome :roll:

User avatar
Spack
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Spack » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm

j88 wrote:Just got an e-mail explaining that they have finished the preliminary review and that I am on hold until late April...They made sure to stress that it was not a Wait List...awesome :roll:


Same here. It is basically the SAME as a waitlist except maybe we're at the top of the pile. I am withdrawing and sending them that form ASAP. I just can't wait until late April for a rejection or even an acceptance as I don't have the money to throw away placing a deposit at another school.

User avatar
j88
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby j88 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Spack wrote: I am withdrawing and sending them that form ASAP. I just can't wait until late April for a rejection or even an acceptance as I don't have the money to throw away placing a deposit at another school.


Yeah I am most likely going to do the same thing especially when the only way I would have even considered going was with $$

User avatar
Peekay80
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Peekay80 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 pm

j88 wrote:
Spack wrote: I am withdrawing and sending them that form ASAP. I just can't wait until late April for a rejection or even an acceptance as I don't have the money to throw away placing a deposit at another school.


Yeah I am most likely going to do the same thing especially when the only way I would have even considered going was with $$


+1 to this. I am very happy with my top acceptance school right now. Sorry Case, you are right, it wasn't meant to be.

rubaiyatsongs
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby rubaiyatsongs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:23 pm

This waiting game is driving me crazy. At first I only applied to Case because LSP told me I was an auto-admit, but now seeing the rejections/waitlisted folks, I'm getting nervous. Way to neg me into making your school more appealing, Case.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby TommyK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 am

Status checker says "Eapp Receipt". Does this mean it's not even under review yet?

I sent everything in before Christmas.

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Claudius » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 pm

TommyK wrote:Status checker says "Eapp Receipt". Does this mean it's not even under review yet?

I sent everything in before Christmas.


"Eapp Receipt" is the very first stage and it means that your application is not yet in review. I believe after this step you will get an "Application Complete" and then "Committee Review." You might want to give them a call to see if there's something missing in your application.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby TommyK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Claudius wrote:
TommyK wrote:Status checker says "Eapp Receipt". Does this mean it's not even under review yet?

I sent everything in before Christmas.


"Eapp Receipt" is the very first stage and it means that your application is not yet in review. I believe after this step you will get an "Application Complete" and then "Committee Review." You might want to give them a call to see if there's something missing in your application.


thanks

dstr15
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby dstr15 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Does anybody know when formal acceptance letters (and more importantly scholarship informations) is going to be released?? I got the acceptance email about a month ago.


Also, good luck to all those still waiting!

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby SrLaw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Same, accepted on Dec 6th and then nothing.

Jeffro
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Postby Jeffro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:12 pm

No idea when scholly info might come out, but I doubt there will be any large acceptance packets. Everything you need is posted on the Admitted Students Site. I was just looking at it actually so I know it lists when deposits are due, links for housing, travel stipend info, etc.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”