Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Spinozist21

Silver

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Goldilox1205 wrote:I got the e-mail on the sixth, and I'm in! Very excited about the offer of admission, I'd say there is a 99% chance I'll end up at Case. I'm not from Cleveland, but have family there and I am looking forward to visiting to open house in January. My stats were not great as I was a hair below both of ther 25% LSAT and GPA, which makes me even more excited about the offer of admission.
Wow. Congratulations.

Goldilox1205

New

Post by Goldilox1205 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm

I forgot to mention that I was ED, which I think explains everything
Spinozist21 wrote:
Goldilox1205 wrote:I got the e-mail on the sixth, and I'm in! Very excited about the offer of admission, I'd say there is a 99% chance I'll end up at Case. I'm not from Cleveland, but have family there and I am looking forward to visiting to open house in January. My stats were not great as I was a hair below both of ther 25% LSAT and GPA, which makes me even more excited about the offer of admission.
Wow. Congratulations.

iWayneState

New

Post by iWayneState » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Accepted to CRU on the 6th. Above their 75 on LSAT and near the 75 on GPA. Case is one of my top choices so I am more than pleased. Anyone know any scholarship details? Does Case usually give generous scholarships? Also, I wrote the "Why Case" but was not ED.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

iWayneState wrote:Accepted to CRU on the 6th. Above their 75 on LSAT and near the 75 on GPA. Case is one of my top choices so I am more than pleased. Anyone know any scholarship details? Does Case usually give generous scholarships? Also, I wrote the "Why Case" but was not ED.
I'm more or less in the same boat as you. If you go to lawschoolnumbers.com you can see what scholarship offers were like last year, albeit in a small sample. Prob get at least 60k with those numbers.

iWayneState

New

Post by iWayneState » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm

ran12 wrote:
iWayneState wrote:Accepted to CRU on the 6th. Above their 75 on LSAT and near the 75 on GPA. Case is one of my top choices so I am more than pleased. Anyone know any scholarship details? Does Case usually give generous scholarships? Also, I wrote the "Why Case" but was not ED.
I'm more or less in the same boat as you. If you go to lawschoolnumbers.com you can see what scholarship offers were like last year, albeit in a small sample. Prob get at least 60k with those numbers.

I am from a state near Cleveland that has a less than stellar law school. They have offered me half tuition making my tuition cost less than 10K a year. Case is going to have to come close to that if they want me to attend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dstr15

New

Post by dstr15 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Can anyone get into the admitted students section of the website yet?

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 pm

dstr15 wrote:Can anyone get into the admitted students section of the website yet?
nah

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 pm

dstr15 wrote:Can anyone get into the admitted students section of the website yet?
nope.

has anyone heard on schollies yet?

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
nope.

I cant even get a decision!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
nope.

It will come eventually! I think that we'll hear after the holidays at this point so I refuse to check the status checker anymore.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
nope.

Nor can I and I've been "Committee Reveiw" [sic] since 11/9!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
nope.

Nor can I and I've been "Committee Reveiw" [sic] since 11/9!
ME TOO!

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:22 pm

I think waiting so long for Case is my payback for getting accepted in the first wave of decisions from American University and Chicago-Kent :(. I know I won't hear anything until after the holidays but I can't stop myself from checking LSN and TLS obsessively to see if anyone has heard anything. Blah, at least it's almost finals so I will have something to keep my occupied.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 pm

After FOUR emails to the admissions office about my status (I've been at "Eapp Receipt" since 11/9), I finally got an email today saying that they only accept one LOR and two evaluations...according to their website and LSAC it's actually the other way around. I sent two LORs. I don't know whether they want me to pick one letter to have them process (I sent two) or if they want me to submit an evaluation?

I just asked them to process it as is. It has taken FOREVER to get them to respond, though!

TracyLynn

Bronze

Post by TracyLynn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Admitted on 12/6, able to access admitted students page. I'm a little worried because I haven't heard anything about scholarships. Anyone?

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:27 pm

TracyLynn wrote:Admitted on 12/6, able to access admitted students page. I'm a little worried because I haven't heard anything about scholarships. Anyone?
There's no reason to be concerned. Nobody has any scholarship information yet. Last year scholarship emails went out on the same day as acceptance emails, but acceptances came out starting at the very end of December. Hang tight - Case gives out a lot of money if last year is any indication.

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 pm

swilson215 wrote:After FOUR emails to the admissions office about my status (I've been at "Eapp Receipt" since 11/9), I finally got an email today saying that they only accept one LOR and two evaluations...according to their website and LSAC it's actually the other way around. I sent two LORs. I don't know whether they want me to pick one letter to have them process (I sent two) or if they want me to submit an evaluation?

I just asked them to process it as is. It has taken FOREVER to get them to respond, though!
Sorry to hear that, though at least it indicates you were excluded from the first batch of acceptances only because of something stupid. I'm not entirely optimistic after being complete 10/5 and skipped in the first round.

I'd like to know the logic behind 1 LOR and 2 evaluations, especially since LSAC only implemented evaluations a few weeks prior to the Case application going live.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Claudius wrote:
swilson215 wrote:After FOUR emails to the admissions office about my status (I've been at "Eapp Receipt" since 11/9), I finally got an email today saying that they only accept one LOR and two evaluations...according to their website and LSAC it's actually the other way around. I sent two LORs. I don't know whether they want me to pick one letter to have them process (I sent two) or if they want me to submit an evaluation?

Sorry to hear that, though at least it indicates you were excluded from the first batch of acceptances only because of something stupid. I'm not entirely optimistic after being complete 10/5 and skipped in the first round.

I'd like to know the logic behind 1 LOR and 2 evaluations, especially since LSAC only implemented evaluations a few weeks prior to the Case application going live.
It's prob a mistake that the LSAC only allows 1 LOR and 2 evaluations. Everything else I read said more than 1 LOR so idk what happened but I guess 1 is really enough b/c I got in with just that.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:10 pm

ran12 wrote:
Claudius wrote:

It's prob a mistake that the LSAC only allows 1 LOR and 2 evaluations. Everything else I read said more than 1 LOR so idk what happened but I guess 1 is really enough b/c I got in with just that.
Well, their website says 2 LORs will be accepted, and 1 Evaluation, and LSAC allows 2 LORs, but their email to me says differently. Who knows. I got a second email saying they were processing my application with 2 LORs. At least it all worked out for the best. Now I join the waiting game! :roll:

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Claudius wrote:

I suspect that the logic has little to nothing to do with admissions this cycle. The committee is almost certainly looking at the correlation between letters and online forms for the NEXT cycle where they may require some online evaluations IN PLACE of the standard letters.

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:38 pm

I would like to know about scholarship information but with a 3.54/160 I really wouldn't be surprised if I got a big, fat 0 - hope I am wrong. Medians just went up so let's see how this goes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

skirschner1

New

Post by skirschner1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:43 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:I would like to know about scholarship information but with a 3.54/160 I really wouldn't be surprised if I got a big, fat 0 - hope I am wrong. Medians just went up so let's see how this goes.
We have almost the exact same numbers. I would also like to know the answer to this but would be surprised if we got shut out.

iWayneState

New

Post by iWayneState » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:I would like to know about scholarship information but with a 3.54/160 I really wouldn't be surprised if I got a big, fat 0 - hope I am wrong. Medians just went up so let's see how this goes.

3.54/160 will get at least 20K a year? Case is generous from what I have seen and I believe 160 is the 75% mark on the LSAT. Case has to good of a reputation academically not to be up in the 40's or 30's in the rankings. IMO.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

iWayneState wrote:

3.54/160 will get at least 20K a year? Case is generous from what I have seen and I believe 160 is the 75% mark on the LSAT. Case has to good of a reputation academically not to be up in the 40's or 30's in the rankings. IMO.
With a 160 LSAT, I think 10-15k is a more reasonable amount. Not 20, not 0.

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Anyone hear anything about the competitiveness of the students?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”