Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ran12

Silver

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Post by ran12 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 pm

It took about a week after decision rendered on status checkers for people who got in during first batch to get emails

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 pm

The Gentleman wrote:My status checker is "Decision Rendered" 1/5/2011. No email or phone call though.

Should I be worried?
Does it show anything about a scholarship agreement form to the bottom right under Requirements List? That's how folks from the first batch knew they had been accepted.

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Spack wrote:
Doubt it. I have been complete since November 9th or so and my status checker changed on the 7th of December and I'm STILL in review. I sense a rejection for me..
It's not a fantastic sign, but don't be too sure. Case has already begun rejecting folks. No news is better than being rejected. And if it makes you feel any better, I've been complete since October 4th.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Claudius wrote:
Spack wrote:
Doubt it. I have been complete since November 9th or so and my status checker changed on the 7th of December and I'm STILL in review. I sense a rejection for me..
It's not a fantastic sign, but don't be too sure. Case has already begun rejecting folks. No news is better than being rejected. And if it makes you feel any better, I've been complete since October 4th.
I bet they're just waiting until they can arrange for a parade to deliver our acceptance letters to us :P

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Spack wrote:
Claudius wrote:
Spack wrote:
I bet they're just waiting until they can arrange for a parade to deliver our acceptance letters to us :P
I hope we get some scholarship news soon. Case Western has became my top choice and I really would love to get some big $$$$ and know where I am going asap.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 am

Just found this thread. Submitted Case Western app a few days ago. Good luck to all.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:46 pm

In! Got the email today! I guess I had no reason to worry.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Well, I got my December score and it was a 167!!!!

I probably will not be attending Case anymore, however, I still have a lot of love for this school.

mckeeper1

New

Post by mckeeper1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Anyone hear anything lately? I am wondering when the next batch of decisions will be released. I have been UR since 12/6 and a month later my nerves have only gotten worse...ha. Since being rejected at Pitt, I think Case is my number one so I would love to hear something positive in the near future...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mckeeper1

New

Post by mckeeper1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

SrLaw wrote:Well, I got my December score and it was a 167!!!!

I probably will not be attending Case anymore, however, I still have a lot of love for this school.
Congrats on the 167 by the way. Where do you think you would like to go now with that score?

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Not sure, Case Western is still on my list because I really do like the school. However, I would drop it down to spot 3-4 now.

Has anyone who has been accepted heard ANYTHING about $$$ or even get a hard copy acceptance letter?

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 pm

SrLaw wrote:Not sure, Case Western is still on my list because I really do like the school. However, I would drop it down to spot 3-4 now.

Has anyone who has been accepted heard ANYTHING about $$$ or even get a hard copy acceptance letter?
I called today and asked when scholarships are going to be sent out and they told me they did not know yet. As for hard copy acceptance letter, I don't think that will be sent out b/c all the info you need is essentially on the admitted students site.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Got dinged yesterday via email. Haven't checked my status checker in a while, couldn't tell you when/if it updated, but do know that I've gotten into better ranked schools, including my top choice with $$, so I wouldn't have attended Case anyway.

So there. :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:31 pm

swilson215 wrote:Got dinged yesterday via email. Haven't checked my status checker in a while, couldn't tell you when/if it updated, but do know that I've gotten into better ranked schools, including my top choice with $$, so I wouldn't have attended Case anyway.

So there. :P
Sorry to hear about that. It's frustrating to see them turn away someone over their 75% LSAT. I expect to be put out to pasture, too. Hopefully soon.

j88

New

Post by j88 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Just got an e-mail explaining that they have finished the preliminary review and that I am on hold until late April...They made sure to stress that it was not a Wait List...awesome :roll:

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm

j88 wrote:Just got an e-mail explaining that they have finished the preliminary review and that I am on hold until late April...They made sure to stress that it was not a Wait List...awesome :roll:
Same here. It is basically the SAME as a waitlist except maybe we're at the top of the pile. I am withdrawing and sending them that form ASAP. I just can't wait until late April for a rejection or even an acceptance as I don't have the money to throw away placing a deposit at another school.

j88

New

Post by j88 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Spack wrote: I am withdrawing and sending them that form ASAP. I just can't wait until late April for a rejection or even an acceptance as I don't have the money to throw away placing a deposit at another school.
Yeah I am most likely going to do the same thing especially when the only way I would have even considered going was with $$

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Peekay80

New

Post by Peekay80 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 pm

j88 wrote:
Spack wrote: I am withdrawing and sending them that form ASAP. I just can't wait until late April for a rejection or even an acceptance as I don't have the money to throw away placing a deposit at another school.
Yeah I am most likely going to do the same thing especially when the only way I would have even considered going was with $$
+1 to this. I am very happy with my top acceptance school right now. Sorry Case, you are right, it wasn't meant to be.

rubaiyatsongs

New

Post by rubaiyatsongs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:23 pm

This waiting game is driving me crazy. At first I only applied to Case because LSP told me I was an auto-admit, but now seeing the rejections/waitlisted folks, I'm getting nervous. Way to neg me into making your school more appealing, Case.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 am

Status checker says "Eapp Receipt". Does this mean it's not even under review yet?

I sent everything in before Christmas.

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 pm

TommyK wrote:Status checker says "Eapp Receipt". Does this mean it's not even under review yet?

"Eapp Receipt" is the very first stage and it means that your application is not yet in review. I believe after this step you will get an "Application Complete" and then "Committee Review." You might want to give them a call to see if there's something missing in your application.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Claudius wrote:
TommyK wrote:Status checker says "Eapp Receipt". Does this mean it's not even under review yet?

"Eapp Receipt" is the very first stage and it means that your application is not yet in review. I believe after this step you will get an "Application Complete" and then "Committee Review." You might want to give them a call to see if there's something missing in your application.
thanks

dstr15

New

Post by dstr15 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Does anybody know when formal acceptance letters (and more importantly scholarship informations) is going to be released?? I got the acceptance email about a month ago.

Also, good luck to all those still waiting!

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Same, accepted on Dec 6th and then nothing.

Jeffro

Bronze

Post by Jeffro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:12 pm

No idea when scholly info might come out, but I doubt there will be any large acceptance packets. Everything you need is posted on the Admitted Students Site. I was just looking at it actually so I know it lists when deposits are due, links for housing, travel stipend info, etc.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”