Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lifestooquick

Silver

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:17 am

Did anyone whose status checker updated to Decision Rendered hear anything yet? I'm fairly certain I'm in (based on the requirements box) but I'd really like the official email/mail/whatever they send.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:21 am

lifestooquick wrote:Did anyone whose status checker updated to Decision Rendered hear anything yet? I'm fairly certain I'm in (based on the requirements box) but I'd really like the official email/mail/whatever they send.
I am concerned that I haven't even gotten the "decision rendered" notice yet.

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Did anyone whose status checker updated to Decision Rendered hear anything yet? I'm fairly certain I'm in (based on the requirements box) but I'd really like the official email/mail/whatever they send.
There's no reason to be concerned yet. This is, historically, really early for Case to be making decisions. In the 2010 thread one poster mentioned that he had received an acceptance earlier than Case's norm, but everyone else saw their decisions starting in late December. If you're interested in taking a gander:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=99701

My status checker changed to "Committee Review" with a new date of 12/1. I keep thinking that they are flip-flopping between rejecting me as a dunce ("Committee Reveiw") and giving me a chance ("Committee Review"). I'm sure it's just a batch update, though.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Claudius wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
There's no reason to be concerned yet. This is, historically, really early for Case to be making decisions. In the 2010 thread one poster mentioned that he had received an acceptance earlier than Case's norm, but everyone else saw their decisions starting in late December. If you're interested in taking a gander:

My status checker changed to "Committee Review" with a new date of 12/1. I keep thinking that they are flip-flopping between rejecting me as a dunce ("Committee Reveiw") and giving me a chance ("Committee Review"). I'm sure it's just a batch update, though.
I have been in review almost a month...11/9...so Its a little weird that I wasn't with the batch the they "sent" out or whatever they did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Claudius wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

I have been in review almost a month...11/9...so Its a little weird that I wasn't with the batch the they "sent" out or whatever they did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries, I have been in review since 11/9 as well. I am becoming a little worried about being accepted as my LSAT is below the median (157) and my gpa though I have included a legitimate addendum citing poor pre-college preparation due to a terrible high school and misguidance into believing I should continue taking courses for pre-med even though I was just barely scraping by. I also did a Why Case email explaining my interest in pursuing Health Law. My personal statement also makes mention of my goal of Health Law and puts it into perspective.

Anyway, I am hoping I get in. Case does like students from my school so I hope that that helps. I also know some of the faculty and they have assured me I have nothing to worry about but I am taking that with a grain of salt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Claudius wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

I've technically been in review since 10/5. It just keeps changing dates. It's no big deal - they'll come around.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 pm

I seriously hope I get in though. After some seriously re-evaluation it is my first choice. *crosses fingers and toes*

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Spack wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Claudius wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

No worries, I have been in review since 11/9 as well. I am becoming a little worried about being accepted as my LSAT is below the median (157) and my gpa though I have included a legitimate addendum citing poor pre-college preparation due to a terrible high school and misguidance into believing I should continue taking courses for pre-med even though I was just barely scraping by. I also did a Why Case email explaining my interest in pursuing Health Law. My personal statement also makes mention of my goal of Health Law and puts it into perspective.

Anyway, I am hoping I get in. Case does like students from my school so I hope that that helps. I also know some of the faculty and they have assured me I have nothing to worry about but I am taking that with a grain of salt.
Could you send another email saying: And I can beautify the Cleveland area b/c I really do look like Beyonce. That could help.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Spack wrote:I seriously hope I get in though. After some seriously re-evaluation it is my first choice. *crosses fingers and toes*
You should apply to Pittsburgh too and their program...or maybe you have and I missed it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Spack wrote:I seriously hope I get in though. After some seriously re-evaluation it is my first choice. *crosses fingers and toes*
You should apply to Pittsburgh too and their program...or maybe you have and I missed it.
Maybe I will. I am also looking at Northeastern as well but I can't find the time or the willpower to do anymore applications.

Also, I wrote in my Why Case essay about how enthusiastic I was to live in Cleveland and how great the area would be for my career in health law with two hospitals less than a mile away :P

I should work on my Beyonce dance moves and dye my hair too....I'd probably need some plastic surgery before hand as well. Do you think they'll take an LSAT addendum if I say that I was healing from multiple plastic surgeries?

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Spack wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Maybe I will. I am also looking at Northeastern as well but I can't find the time or the willpower to do anymore applications.

Also, I wrote in my Why Case essay about how enthusiastic I was to live in Cleveland and how great the area would be for my career in health law with two hospitals less than a mile away :P

I should work on my Beyonce dance moves and dye my hair too....I'd probably need some plastic surgery before hand as well. Do you think they'll take an LSAT addendum if I say that I was healing from multiple plastic surgeries?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey...anything is possible! :lol:

I think you'll be fine...and I would stay away from Northeastern and take a shot at Pitt.

ioftendreamoftrains

New

Post by ioftendreamoftrains » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 pm

NO! It would be nice to know, wouldn't it?

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 pm

ioftendreamoftrains wrote:
Yes, it's driving me nuts!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:00 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Have you heard from any other schools thus far?

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
no :( :(

and i'm gonna get my UIUC (most likely) rejection next Friday and would REALLY like an acceptance before then, lol.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:07 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
no :( :(

and i'm gonna get my UIUC (most likely) rejection next Friday and would REALLY like an acceptance before then, lol.
It was nice to get my first acceptance really early in the game...so when I get 10 or 11 rejection letters I wont feel AS bad. :lol:

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
It was nice to get my first acceptance really early in the game...so when I get 10 or 11 rejection letters I wont feel AS bad. :lol:
+1...but my acceptance(s) weren't from Case. Maybe I'll get a decision soon?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:09 pm

I called and they said email decisions by 5pm.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:10 pm

ran12 wrote:I called and they said email decisions by 5pm.
You may be my new favorite person :)

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Is this only for people who got the "Decision Rendered" at the same time as you did?

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Spack wrote:
Is this only for people who got the "Decision Rendered" at the same time as you did?
Idk. I told them I got decision rendered on Tues and they said email by 5.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:46 pm

No email :(

AVBucks4239

Silver

Post by AVBucks4239 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:08 pm

lifestooquick wrote:No email :(
Same. Damn.

ioftendreamoftrains

New

Post by ioftendreamoftrains » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Nothing here, either.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Submitted my app earlier this week. Good luck everybody!

And I'm sure this has been answered, but what's the turnaround time been so far? Could I expect to hear back before January?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”