Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tenpenny3

New

Re: Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2011

Post by tenpenny3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks Tommy,

Called today and she updated my file immediately. Now the true waiting game begins....

swan87

New

Post by swan87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:02 am

Accepted Today! UR 1/11.

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 am

Emailed today asking when we should receive scholarship info for the batch on 12/6. I'm excited to find out... will let y'all know when/if they respond.

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:28 pm

I just had my phone interview. They paired me with a professor on the admissions committee that specialized in a concentration that matched one of the items I listed as a legal interest. The interview was casual and I suspect the experience will vary depending on the interviewer. I was briefly asked why I had applied to Case and then the rest of the interview was led by my questions. I seem to be the only one this year on TLS that has been asked to interview, but for anyone else that might receive the same request my advice to you is to prepare a number of questions. Every question that i asked was met with a very detailed answer. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes. Overall, it was a pleasant and low-stress event.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Claudius wrote:I just had my phone interview. They paired me with a professor on the admissions committee that specialized in a concentration that matched one of the items I listed as a legal interest. The interview was casual and I suspect the experience will vary depending on the interviewer. I was briefly asked why I had applied to Case and then the rest of the interview was led by my questions. I seem to be the only one this year on TLS that has been asked to interview, but for anyone else that might receive the same request my advice to you is to prepare a number of questions. Every question that i asked was met with a very detailed answer. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes. Overall, it was a pleasant and low-stress event.
Congrats. It sounds like you did a topshelf job and have an acceptance coming your way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rubaiyatsongs

New

Post by rubaiyatsongs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Claudius wrote:I just had my phone interview. They paired me with a professor on the admissions committee that specialized in a concentration that matched one of the items I listed as a legal interest. The interview was casual and I suspect the experience will vary depending on the interviewer. I was briefly asked why I had applied to Case and then the rest of the interview was led by my questions. I seem to be the only one this year on TLS that has been asked to interview, but for anyone else that might receive the same request my advice to you is to prepare a number of questions. Every question that i asked was met with a very detailed answer. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes. Overall, it was a pleasant and low-stress event.
I have a phone interview on Friday. Which concentration did you choose?

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:43 pm

rubaiyatsongs wrote:
I have a phone interview on Friday. Which concentration did you choose?
I was paired with Contracts, though I think I listed Intellectual Property as my #1 choice.

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

They said scholarships will be out around 2/15 for the first wave admits.

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I had an interview the other day and today my status updated to "decision rendered" with "transcripts" and "scholarship agreement form received" under the requirements section. I also received an email today about the preview weekend but i don't know if that's an open house or an admitted students event. Should I assume that I was accepted?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 pm

EricBerry wrote:I had an interview the other day and today my status updated to "decision rendered" with "transcripts" and "scholarship agreement form received" under the requirements section. I also received an email today about the preview weekend but i don't know if that's an open house or an admitted students event. Should I assume that I was accepted?
I would assume so but they'll send an official email.

panicunited

New

Post by panicunited » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

EricBerry wrote:I had an interview the other day and today my status updated to "decision rendered" with "transcripts" and "scholarship agreement form received" under the requirements section. I also received an email today about the preview weekend but i don't know if that's an open house or an admitted students event. Should I assume that I was accepted?
What do your numbers look like? And how long did you sit at "committee review"? I've been in review for a little over a week

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm

panicunited wrote:
What do your numbers look like? And how long did you sit at "committee review"? I've been in review for a little over a week
3.0 160. I was under review for three weeks.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Went into Committee Review today. How long have people been spending in this status?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Preview weekend isn't the same as admitted students day. That said, with your numbers, I'd imagine you'd get in.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:09 am

brose wrote:They said scholarships will be out around 2/15 for the first wave admits.
This is consistent with how it went last year. Received mine around the 20th. Don't panic if you don't get anything before then.

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Accepted via e-mail!

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Claudius wrote:Accepted via e-mail!
Guess the interview went well! Congrats!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Claudius wrote:Accepted via e-mail!
Congrats!

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Also accepted today via email! Does anyone know if the travel stipend is contingent on matriculation?

saito816

Bronze

Post by saito816 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:20 pm

So today Case decides to email me with "Great News" full 3 year scholarship which they only offer to ten students each year, made me feel like a special flower etc. :D Then 40 min later sends an apology email in which the departmental assistant says she realized that she sent the email in error and it was not actually authorized by the dean of admissions :evil:. I wasn't really planning on attending case either way, but I thought this whole debacle was incredibly bad form and felt the need to vent. :x oh well, I would have been a lot more upset had it been a different school

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:22 pm

saito816 wrote:So today Case decides to email me with "Great News" full 3 year scholarship which they only offer to ten students each year, made me feel like a special flower etc. :D Then 40 min later sends an apology email in which the departmental assistant says she realized that she sent the email in error and it was not actually authorized by the dean of admissions :evil:. I wasn't really planning on attending case either way, but I thought this whole debacle was incredibly bad form and felt the need to vent. :x oh well, I would have been a lot more upset had it been a different school
Could be that you did but the assistant wasn't authorized to tell you yet.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Claudius

New

Post by Claudius » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 pm

saito816 wrote:So today Case decides to email me with "Great News" full 3 year scholarship which they only offer to ten students each year, made me feel like a special flower etc. :D Then 40 min later sends an apology email in which the departmental assistant says she realized that she sent the email in error and it was not actually authorized by the dean of admissions :evil:. I wasn't really planning on attending case either way, but I thought this whole debacle was incredibly bad form and felt the need to vent. :x oh well, I would have been a lot more upset had it been a different school
It's not as bad as the law school that I won't bother to mention that sent out acceptance e-mails to every single person that applied and had to revoke them, but yeah - that's pretty disappointing. I hope for your sake that it wasn't yet authorized to be sent and that you're still going to get it.

rubaiyatsongs

New

Post by rubaiyatsongs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Sooo... I was supposed to have an interview 35 minutes ago and they haven't called yet. I called them and no answer. They definitely have my number. As I'm the nanny of a 3 year old and I scheduled the phone interview specifically for when she'd be napping, I'm getting a little worried here.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 pm

rubaiyatsongs wrote:Sooo... I was supposed to have an interview 35 minutes ago and they haven't called yet. I called them and no answer. They definitely have my number. As I'm the nanny of a 3 year old and I scheduled the phone interview specifically for when she'd be napping, I'm getting a little worried here.
Bummer. It happens, though. I'm a corporate recruiter who interviews people for a living and I've missed one or two interviews by scheduling it on the wrong day. This is what I would do:

Send an email to the adcomm with whom you were scheduled to meet, or if it was a professor, send it to the adcomm contact you have. Say that you didn't receive a call at the scheduled interview time and you would like to see if they would have the availability to reschedule, as you are still interested in pursuing your academic relationship with CWRU.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:02 pm

That's horrible. What the hell is wrong with the admissions office here? I personally had a pretty seamless experience, but I've heard a lot of complaints, and there does seem to be an expectation that the admissions offices will be unable to get things right the first time around.

Like another poster said, you might very well be tagged for the full ride and the assistant simply emailed before the adcomm had signed off on the final list of recipients.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”