Emory 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:At this point I think Hagrid showing up and telling me I've been admitted to Hogwarts would be less surprising than mail with the word "Emory" on it.


LOL.

Submitted my app at the very beginning of December -- any chance I'd hear (good or bad) from them any time soon, or is it more likely the Oct/Nov people get theirs in the first batch or two?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby fatduck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm

i'm not gonna lie i had no real interest in attending emory before this thread. if i get accepted now i will seriously consider it.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby JakeL » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:At this point I think Hagrid showing up and telling me I've been admitted to Hogwarts would be less surprising than mail with the word "Emory" on it.


LOL.

Submitted my app at the very beginning of December -- any chance I'd hear (good or bad) from them any time soon, or is it more likely the Oct/Nov people get theirs in the first batch or two?


NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING AT THIS POINT.

Purpleberry
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby Purpleberry » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Emory undergrad alumna here. Just got a letter with the Emory seal. Inside:

"Congratulations! We're pleased to offer you [...] the Emory University Platinum Plus MasterCard!"

BASTARDS. The blue and gold just application blue balled me. :x

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm

fatduck wrote:i'm not gonna lie i had no real interest in attending emory before this thread. if i get accepted now i will seriously consider it.


All of us are actually Emory admissions staff trying to convince you to come. Sorta like the Truman Show if he were applying to law school.

User avatar
xxxo
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby xxxo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Purpleberry wrote:Emory undergrad alumna here. Just got a letter with the Emory seal. Inside:

"Congratulations! We're pleased to offer you [...] the Emory University Platinum Plus MasterCard!"

BASTARDS. The blue and gold just application blue balled me. :x



HAHA! Oh man that is "priceless"

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:05 pm

fatduck wrote:i'm not gonna lie i had no real interest in attending emory before this thread. if i get accepted now i will seriously consider it.


Before this thread I forgot I even applied to Emory, it's now creeping up to my #1 choice.

User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm

JakeL wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:At this point I think Hagrid showing up and telling me I've been admitted to Hogwarts would be less surprising than mail with the word "Emory" on it.


LOL.

Submitted my app at the very beginning of December -- any chance I'd hear (good or bad) from them any time soon, or is it more likely the Oct/Nov people get theirs in the first batch or two?


NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING AT THIS POINT.


lol, a little high strung? I was referring to anyone who may have looked at LSN or past threads and seen when someone went complete versus when they received notification (i.e. do all the Oct/Nov people get decisions first, or is it possible that some Dec/Jan get decisions too?). I realize that they're doing a "new system" this cycle, but somebody's gotta know something ... maybe

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby JakeL » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I was just having fun with caps lock, but seriously-nobody knows anything...

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Emory 2011

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm

from looking at LSN it seems like if you applied semi recently you might be waiting until March unless you are auto admit.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Sandro wrote:from looking at LSN it seems like if you applied semi recently you might be waiting until March unless you are auto admit.


ftfy

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby Capitalist » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 pm

I probably won't get accepted to Emory, but, judging by how awesome this thread has become, the class of 2014 will be awesome.
Last edited by Capitalist on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Emory 2011

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm

rman1201 wrote:
Sandro wrote:from looking at LSN it seems like if you applied semi recently you might be waiting until March unless you are auto admit.


ftfy


Just bursted out laughing in the library. Thanks.

User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
Sandro wrote:from looking at LSN it seems like if you applied semi recently you might be waiting until March unless you are auto admit.


ftfy


Just bursted out laughing in the library. Thanks.


hahahaha, +1 (except i'm on TLS in class)

User avatar
TheAudacityofHope
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Emory's my number one. AA male, here. It would be so dope to attend. Woo woo.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby JakeL » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:Emory's my number one. AA male, here. It would be so dope to attend. Woo woo.


GL

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm

This thread is exploding, yet nobody has reported any kind of decision yet...

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby nematoad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 pm

kk19131 wrote:This thread is exploding, yet nobody has reported any kind of decision yet...


angst. blame i should say thank it?

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:
fatduck wrote:i'm not gonna lie i had no real interest in attending emory before this thread. if i get accepted now i will seriously consider it.


All of us are actually Emory admissions staff trying to convince you to come. Sorta like the Truman Show if he were applying to law school.



sneaky. sneaky.


class of 2014 will be epic. I hope they throw some $ my way and I will seriously consider it.

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby ebo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Image

Word is this guy received a decision letter from Emory Law today

User avatar
TheAudacityofHope
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Question of the Day:

Limiting our pool to the Top 50 law schools, what is the likelihood that a class's top student will be or will have been a TLS poster?

User avatar
lastch2
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby lastch2 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 pm

0%...they'd be too busy actually studying to care about TLS?? :?:

gatorlaw2011
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:52 pm

.
Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 pm

gatorlizzy28 wrote:My mail will come in about half an hour and I have my hopes up. I had the horrifying realization today that I might not be in the first batch of decisions...I really will pity anyone in this thread that has to watch it explode with acceptances. :cry:


I'll be one having to watch things explode unfortunately. I made the mistake of having my mail forwarded to my new address, and for some reason all law school acceptances and admit packages are flagged as spam and returned to sender, while Baylor/Cooley postcards are properly forwarded. I anticipate Emory acceptance + scholarship, being important, will be part of the former category.

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby username99 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Is the whole "Go to Emory, get stuck in the south" thing accurate?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Google Adsense [Bot], harmcharm, hip to be Square, m052310, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, Tomthecat, ZEROL27 and 21 guests