Emory 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rman1201

Silver

Re: Emory 2011

Post by rman1201 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Where should I be going? What's wrong with Temple. its in state for me, and has pretty good placement (15% biglaw) for a non-T14. Anyway, I feel embarrassed. It was a false alarm. My bad.
Also, I am no fun at parties. My mom tucks me in at night. And I know for a fact, that if we were all in a room together, all of you would say these things to my face. Seriously, though. Emory is not a T14. So either you want to stay in ATL your whole life, or those that are willing to pay sticker are most likely making a foolish decision.
Again, I do apologize for the "fake out." I am going to the nearest waffle house I can find and sulk.
lol wut????

And Emory isn't as regional as you make it out to be... it's not like Temple.

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:07 pm

seriously???? wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
seriously???? wrote:ok, this will be my second to last post ever on my only day on the emory thread. I will let you know when I find out(my final post). Regardless, good luck. You all seem very interested in emory, and I hope you all receive significant scholarships.
I wouldn't even consider attending for anything less than a 50% scholly.
You have a 2.7/170 and TEMPLE is one of your top choices. LOL good luck with your cycle!!!
Where should I be going? What's wrong with Temple. its in state for me, and has pretty good placement (15% biglaw) for a non-T14. Anyway, I feel embarrassed. It was a false alarm. My bad.
Also, I am no fun at parties. My mom tucks me in at night. And I know for a fact, that if we were all in a room together, all of you would say these things to my face. Seriously, though. Emory is not a T14. So either you want to stay in ATL your whole life, or those that are willing to pay sticker are most likely making a foolish decision.
Again, I do apologize for the "fake out." I am going to the nearest waffle house I can find and sulk.
You strike me as someone who might own several cats.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm

seriously???? wrote: Where should I be going? What's wrong with Temple. its in state for me, and has pretty good placement (15% biglaw) for a non-T14. Anyway, I feel embarrassed. It was a false alarm. My bad.
Or anywhere in the southeast region of the United States. Or New York.

Just sayin'

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:11 pm

JakeL wrote:
Whatever, they need a popcorn emoticon, because the past two pages of this thread have been really entertaining.
+1
ITT, shits getting real.

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:12 pm

SilverE2 wrote:You have a 2.7/170 and TEMPLE is one of your top choices. LOL good luck with your cycle!!!
Eh, poster wasn't dissing Emory, just saying at that cost, would not attend.

And yes, popcorn.gif
Last edited by scruffs mcguff on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
JakeL wrote:
Whatever, they need a popcorn emoticon, because the past two pages of this thread have been really entertaining.
+1
ITT, shits getting real.
I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND RIGHT NOW!

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Things gettin real in here.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

HOLLA BACK AT ME EMORY

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Anyone get the mail yet?

Here is a picture of my face: :|

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 pm

does anyone think that emory only claimed to have sent decisions in order to placate us (since we were getting riled up)?

i.e., decisions wont actually go out for 2 weeks or more?

that would be funny

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm

username99 wrote:Anyone get the mail yet?

Here is a picture of my face: :|
Nothing in the mail in Florida.
Complete 11/18.

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 pm

tttlllsss wrote:does anyone think that emory only claimed to have sent decisions in order to placate us (since we were getting riled up)?

i.e., decisions wont actually go out for 2 weeks or more?

that would be funny
I am certain of it. I don't think it'll be a few weeks, but I don't think the decision release will be as immediate as was purported.

HelltotheNo

New

Post by HelltotheNo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I THINK that I received mail from Emory today. I ran home to check my mail and the seal looked like Emory's crest. Again, I will confirm around 8 this evening when I get home.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LttleBlakDress

Bronze

Post by LttleBlakDress » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:01 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:I THINK that I received mail from Emory today. I ran home to check my mail and the seal looked like Emory's crest. Again, I will confirm around 8 this evening when I get home.
Seriously...?

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:
HelltotheNo wrote:I THINK that I received mail from Emory today. I ran home to check my mail and the seal looked like Emory's crest. Again, I will confirm around 8 this evening when I get home.
Seriously...?
nice

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm

guys i got a letter but it was written in code, i suspect it is derived from an ancient babylonian language

i've been able to decipher the first few letters - EMO - i think it might be emory but it's too early to tell

there is a map of my neighborhood with some landmarks that i recognize and a large 'X' near a lake. i think that perhaps my decision is buried there. will report back at 11:30 pm tonight.

HelltotheNo

New

Post by HelltotheNo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm

50/50. I was in a rush. I am 100% sure it was something from an LS.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm

fatduck wrote:
guys i got a letter but it was written in code, i suspect it is derived from an ancient babylonian language

i've been able to decipher the first few letters - EMO - i think it might be emory but it's too early to tell

there is a map of my neighborhood with some landmarks that i recognize and a large 'X' near a lake. i think that perhaps my decision is buried there. will report back at 11:30 pm tonight.
I tried to decode it too but all I got was an erection

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Just checked my mail. Regular-sized envelope with "You've been accepted" on it.

Haven't checked the return address at the top left yet. Could either be from Emory or a credit card company. Will continue to shift gaze to top left corner and report back periodically.
Last edited by scruffs mcguff on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

You guys are going to keep falling for the same shit lol.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:Just checked my mail. Regular-sized envelope with "You've been accepted! on it"

Haven't checked the return address at the top left yet. Could either be from Emory or a credit card company. Will continue to shift gaze to top left corner and report back periodically.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:08 pm

rman1201 wrote:
lol wut????

And Emory isn't as regional as you make it out to be... it's not like Temple.
Both are TTTs by TLS standards. Get over yourselves, both of you.

lawandi

Bronze

Post by lawandi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 pm

fatduck wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:Just checked my mail. Regular-sized envelope with "You've been accepted! on it"

lol!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 pm

fatduck wrote:

OMG I got a map too! This is what mine looks like:

I think the blue circles may be Emory's seal??

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Love it. Love it love it love it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”