Emory 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tttlllsss

Re: Emory 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Nope, Cornell started issuing decisions in late-Nov, with dozens and dozens coming in during Dec

syezzie

Postby syezzie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Just got an email from Emory:

Greetings from Emory Law. In a few days, we will begin notifying applicants of their admission status. Please add this email address (admission@law.emory.edu) to your list of approved recipients to ensure our messages are not filtered into your spam folder. We appreciate your patience and hope these reminders will assist in the process:
We will be issuing admission decisions in batches and anticipate all applicants will receive notification by Thursday, March 31. If you have not heard from us by then, contact the admission office at admission@law.emory.edu beginning Friday, April 1.
If you are admitted and awarded a merit scholarship, the amount will be indicated in your admission letter. Need-based financial aid will be awarded following admission notification with further information and instructions included in your notification. Because of the highly personalized review of your file, all merit-based scholarship decisions are final.
Unless we request additional information, do not send addenda. Any transcript updates should be sent to LSAC, which will automatically update your file with us.
We enjoy meeting our applicants and encourage admitted students to visit our campus to help in their decision-making process. To schedule a visit, go to http://www.law.emory.edu/visit. Emory Law’s Admitted Students Day is Saturday, April 9. Details will be provided with admission notifications.
Unfortunately, we do not accept admission decision appeals.
Thank you so much for your patience. If we can provide further assistance, contact us at admission@law.emory.edu.
My best,

Ethan Rosenzweig 02L
Dean of Admission and Financial Aid

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm

tttlllsss wrote:Nope, Cornell started issuing decisions in late-Nov, with dozens and dozens coming in during Dec

Yeah if you're above medians and auto-admit. Even EAs in the meh range got deferred and are now still waiting to hear back.

I'm not EA, but I submitted 11/8, Complete 1/6, still not even under review.

In other news, anyone get the email from Emory just now?

blah blah blah, decisions coming soon

Edited to reduce spamming of the same email message
Last edited by rman1201 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:36 pm

rman1201 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:Nope, Cornell started issuing decisions in late-Nov, with dozens and dozens coming in during Dec

Yeah if you're above medians and auto-admit. Even EAs in the meh range got deferred and are now still waiting to hear back.

Dear ***:

Greetings from Emory Law. In a few days, we will begin notifying applicants of their admission status. Please add this email address (admission@law.emory.edu) to your list of approved recipients to ensure our messages are not filtered into your spam folder. We appreciate your patience and hope these reminders will assist in the process:

We will be issuing admission decisions in batches and anticipate all applicants will receive notification by Thursday, March 31. If you have not heard from us by then, contact the admission office at admission@law.emory.edu beginning Friday, April 1.
If you are admitted and awarded a merit scholarship, the amount will be indicated in your admission letter. Need-based financial aid will be awarded following admission notification with further information and instructions included in your notification. Because of the highly personalized review of your file, all merit-based scholarship decisions are final.
Unless we request additional information, do not send addenda. Any transcript updates should be sent to LSAC, which will automatically update your file with us.
We enjoy meeting our applicants and encourage admitted students to visit our campus to help in their decision-making process. To schedule a visit, go to http://www.law.emory.edu/visit. Emory Law’s Admitted Students Day is Saturday, April 9. Details will be provided with admission notifications.
Thank you so much for your patience. If we can provide further assistance, contact us at admission@law.emory.edu.

gooddammm when i saw that i thought it was the one. gahhhh

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Haha, just as our complaining was reaching a boiling point

username99

Postby username99 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Perhaps they sensed our unrest?

HappyinDC

Postby HappyinDC » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm

nematoad wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

Dear ***:

gooddammm when i saw that i thought it was the one. gahhhh

I got it too...and my hand took the death grip on my mouse as I read it. WHY!

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

nematoad wrote: gooddammm when i saw that i thought it was the one. gahhhh

Haha me too! Looks like they're seeing what people are posting about being frustrated :wink: Good luck to all looks like we'll start receiving decisions soon hopefully

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

username99 wrote:Perhaps they sensed our unrest?

Their admissions staffer does openly peruse/post on this site... hence why I'm not sure it makes sense to openly bash the school you're trying to gain admission to here.

HappyinDC

Postby HappyinDC » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

krad wrote:
nematoad wrote: gooddammm when i saw that i thought it was the one. gahhhh

Haha me too! Looks like they're seeing what people are posting about being frustrated :wink: Good luck to all looks like we'll start receiving decisions soon hopefully

I'll be in Atlanta this weekend...so....tomorrow? Yes?

edgarfigaro

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:41 pm

username99 wrote:Perhaps they sensed our unrest?

They read this thread...so yes

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 pm

It seems to me that we are being watched. Maybe

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, this is an anonymous forum, so you know, an adcomm can't punish you for posting unless you have identifying information in your profile

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Exactly why I don't bash- my LSN pretty much outs me to adcomms. Emory I love you :mrgreen:

HappyinDC

Postby HappyinDC » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 pm

tttlllsss wrote:Well, this is an anonymous forum, so you know, an adcomm can't punish you for posting unless you have identifying information in your profile

+18

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Username99's voice was heard. Just keep bashing them all the way to that $90k scholly, buddy!

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks dude!

username99

Postby username99 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm

JakeL wrote:Username99's voice was heard. Just keep bashing them all the way to that $90k scholly, buddy!

It's a top choice of mine, honestly. And a scholarship would be welcome and very much appreciated! Seriously, I do not mean in any way to "bash" Emory. I want to go there. I was just frustrated with some things.

gatorlaw2011

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm

syezzie wrote:Just got an email from Emory:

My best,

Ethan Rosenzweig 02L
Dean of Admission and Financial Aid

I'm so relieved that I received this email!! I never received an email letting me know that my application was complete so I was beginning to think I did something wrong. The fact that we were told to make sure that email address doesn't get sent to spam makes me wonder if we will get decisions through email rather than by snail mail as they said before...probably just wishful thinking :roll:

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:50 pm

I have no doubt any admissions staffer could figure me out - my username is even the same as my email I applied with :oops:

That said... Did you know Emory offers the finest legal education in the state of Georgia, and should be a first choice for anyone looking to attend law school in the South?
Emory >> Duke > Vandy. :D

onepass

Postby onepass » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:52 pm

rman1201 wrote:
onepass wrote:The fact that Emory takes a bit more time and reviews applications in a more holistic manner is incredibly appealing to me. Personally, I'm far more frustrated with how WUSL is handing out decisions.

Anyone who considers this holistic hasn't done enough LS research.

Law School Numbers only reflects a tiny tiny tiny percentage of the applicants a school receives. It's strange that people base so much on such a tiny sample. Dean Rosenzweig had a post a few pages back that indicated how different the actual Emory graph looks from the LSN graph. I've talked to quite a few people who are at Emory and who work at Emory and I continue to believe that as a school it is fairly holistic in its approach.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 pm

username99 wrote:
JakeL wrote:Username99's voice was heard. Just keep bashing them all the way to that $90k scholly, buddy!

It's a top choice of mine, honestly. And a scholarship would be welcome and very much appreciated! Seriously, I do not mean in any way to "bash" Emory. I want to go there. I was just frustrated with some things.

I'm just having fun, I understand.

edgarfigaro

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

onepass wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
onepass wrote:The fact that Emory takes a bit more time and reviews applications in a more holistic manner is incredibly appealing to me. Personally, I'm far more frustrated with how WUSL is handing out decisions.

Law School Numbers only reflects a tiny tiny tiny percentage of the applicants a school receives. It's strange that people base so much on such a tiny sample. Dean Rosenzweig had a post a few pages back that indicated how different the actual Emory graph looks from the LSN graph. I've talked to quite a few people who are at Emory and who work at Emory and I continue to believe that as a school it is fairly holistic in its approach.

Not to contradict Dean Rosenzweig's post...but did you see Emory's LSAT medians for last year's class?

LSAT: 166/166/167

username99

Postby username99 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm

JakeL wrote:
username99 wrote:

I'm just having fun, I understand.

Hey, if anything I hope Emory would see my comments as vocal leadership on an important issue! Hope to see you all in Atlanta soon!

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:58 pm

onepass wrote:
rman1201 wrote:

LSN Apps to Emory in 09 = 318
Total Apps to Emory = 4,589
LSN = 7% of all Emory apps. While small and self-selected, I wouldn't consider this a "tiny tiny percentage", nor would I consider it small enough to discredit such a strong correlation.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”