Emory 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:02 pm

bigredforlaw wrote:Congrats to everyone admitted today. I did not get the "in review" email (but did get the others like the complete one). It seemed like this would mean a decision is coming soon, but I contacted the admissions office b/c I might have an address change soon and they said my application is still under review. Sorry if this isn't what everyone wanted to hear...I do hope we all know soon though!


I called Emory yesterday (3/10) and they said that my file was still in review. The acceptance package was postmarked 3/7

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby beachviolet11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
bigredforlaw wrote:Congrats to everyone admitted today. I did not get the "in review" email (but did get the others like the complete one). It seemed like this would mean a decision is coming soon, but I contacted the admissions office b/c I might have an address change soon and they said my application is still under review. Sorry if this isn't what everyone wanted to hear...I do hope we all know soon though!


I called Emory yesterday (3/10) and they said that my file was still in review. The acceptance package was postmarked 3/7


I called yesterday too and they said a "a decision hasnt been made on my file"...im not sure if that means im in review or not...or they just dont know what they are talking about :cry:

my dad is a emory law alum..think i should have him call?

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:my dad is a emory law alum..think i should have him call?


not sure if serious...

but no

User avatar
IgnatiusJ
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby IgnatiusJ » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Hooray! In today with 75k. Those handwritten notes are a nice touch, it made me feel all warm and wanted inside. Congrats everyone.

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby beachviolet11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
beachviolet11 wrote:my dad is a emory law alum..think i should have him call?


not sure if serious...

but no


he was...he is just an excited parent...i told him it wasnt a good idea and was looking for some support...so thanks

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:
beachviolet11 wrote:my dad is a emory law alum..think i should have him call?


not sure if serious...

but no


he was...he is just an excited parent...i told him it wasnt a good idea and was looking for some support...so thanks


ok, i can't remember the exact wording the lady at emory admissions used when i called, but it was something along the same lines as when you called

in any case, i'm pretty sure they sent out a large batch on 3/7, so if your #s are on-point, you might be in it

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby beachviolet11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:16 pm

thanks...fingers crossed...and congrats on your acceptance!!!! hope you find a fun way to celebrate this weekend:)

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby SrLaw » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:21 pm

When is the seat deposit due?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby flexityflex86 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Who needs to split a room for ASW?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby flexityflex86 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm

SrLaw wrote:When is the seat deposit due?

I'd like to know this too!!!!!!!!!!

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby crit_racer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm

seat deposit is due 4/15

Purpleberry
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby Purpleberry » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:36 pm

So... has anyone (besides me) not gotten the email AND not gotten a decision?

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby rman1201 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Purpleberry wrote:So... has anyone (besides me) not gotten the email AND not gotten a decision?


Me. I sent my app in around November, 167/3.5

FGCUguy123
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby FGCUguy123 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:22 pm

In at Emory via snailmail!!! :mrgreen:

I love the handwritten addition to the acceptance letter, it added a very warm touch. I can't wait to visit in April. I don't think anyone would argue that Emory isn't an excellent school. Conrats to everyone that got accepted and, if you haven't yet, keep holding on and the best of luck to you.

"I object, your honor! This trial is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham."
-Woody Allen

FGCUguy123
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby FGCUguy123 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 pm

crit_racer wrote:seat deposit is due 4/15


Apparently, there are two seat deposits due. One is due on 4/15 (250$) and then another is due on 6/1 (500$)

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:26 pm

So if we haven't heard yet AND got the email, are we destined for waitlist/ rejection? Didn't they say there'd be three waves of admits? Or am I insane? :| I am displeased.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Emory 2011

Postby Sandro » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:48 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:So if we haven't heard yet AND got the email, are we destined for waitlist/ rejection? Didn't they say there'd be three waves of admits? Or am I insane? :| I am displeased.


Well, just going off last years LSN - there seems to be a decent number of admits to go (assuming LSN is representative year to year and the class size stays the same/applicants).

That being said, I'm very nervous with my gpa. Emory seems not to care about boosting their median LSAT with 167+ as they are imposing a 3.0 gpa floor. awesome. :oops:

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby kjadkins » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 pm

In a couple of days via snail mail (at my permanent address) with $20k/year ($60k total). 167/3.42 URM

FGCUguy123
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby FGCUguy123 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:25 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:So if we haven't heard yet AND got the email, are we destined for waitlist/ rejection? Didn't they say there'd be three waves of admits? Or am I insane? :| I am displeased.



I don't think this is true at all. The letter came in for me yesterday and I didn't get any email whatsoever. You never know, it could be in transit (not to get your hopes up). Keep your chin up, not all is necessarily lost.

matts_14
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby matts_14 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 am

In today via snail mail with a total of $81,000.

167/3.7

Good to feel wanted.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby drummerboy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am

i know the feeling see you guys at asd. congrats to all!!!!!

thetrashman
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby thetrashman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:32 pm

I posted this on the other Emory 2014 forum too, but it seems like everyone is congregating here so:

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who've gotten in and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear. I'm a current 1L here and I love it. Right now it's about 70 degrees outside too which is a major plus considering my hometown is experiencing a balmy 35 degree day.

I've used TLS maybe four time in my life but I figured it might be helpful to any of you who have any questions about Emory or the upcoming ASW.

Feel free to just throw any questions you'd like at me about absolutely anything.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Emory 2011

Postby law4vus » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:33 pm

thetrashman wrote:I posted this on the other Emory 2014 forum too, but it seems like everyone is congregating here so:

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who've gotten in and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear. I'm a current 1L here and I love it. Right now it's about 70 degrees outside too which is a major plus considering my hometown is experiencing a balmy 35 degree day.

I've used TLS maybe four time in my life but I figured it might be helpful to any of you who have any questions about Emory or the upcoming ASW.

Feel free to just throw any questions you'd like at me about absolutely anything.


How satisfied are you with OCS so far (I know it's still early, but have you heard anything from anyone, had your own experiences, etc)?

User avatar
TonYNWA
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby TonYNWA » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 am

In 3/7 with 75K. 166/3.75

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Emory 2011

Postby aquyenl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:Who needs to split a room for ASW?



i'll split with you! i've been trying to find someone in the visits forum, but no one even posts there.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, aaron1621, AJ1010, Assasindowntheavenue, Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger, Cfitz, dmc1275, GOODWORKSTE, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, jjcorvino, Leliana, luckydayahead, mritter3, notnecessarilyproper, ohgosh, phelpsy, Smc1994 and 47 guests