Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
daniel5126
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby daniel5126 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

kjadkins wrote:
daniel5126 wrote:I submitted a LOCI since I've been complete with 11/8 with interview... I found a typo in my LOCI, a rogue 'and' that I had sworn I had already deleted. someone tell me they won't care!!


I had a typo in my resume (an extra 0 in 2010 for a job date, making it 20010) AND a word missing in my PS (I can't remember what but it was a "the" or "and" or something like that, but it was pretty noticeable) that went with my first 11 apps. I caught them both before my second wave of apps, but I doubt it's affected my cycle much (if at all).


thank you! like all problems in life, I put the blame squarely on microsoft office.

jcw0003
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby jcw0003 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm

I wrote a Why Vandy, interviewed, sent a generic PS and resume. It took them two weeks to respond with acceptance and I am a 167/3.8.

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby jwrash » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:31 pm

jcw0003 wrote:I wrote a Why Vandy, interviewed, sent a generic PS and resume. It took them two weeks to respond with acceptance and I am a 167/3.8.

Good to see some good news for a fellow 167/3.8x :)

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Several of you guys mentioned above that you're going to write a Why Vandy? and submit it. Is it kosher to add pieces to the application later? Vanderbilt is a TOTAL reach for me, but if it would help my application, I think it's worth a shot! I have sincere reasons for desiring to attend, so it wouldn't be a BS effort either.

Advice? :)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Chris Ross wrote:Several of you guys mentioned above that you're going to write a Why Vandy? and submit it. Is it kosher to add pieces to the application later? Vanderbilt is a TOTAL reach for me, but if it would help my application, I think it's worth a shot! I have sincere reasons for desiring to attend, so it wouldn't be a BS effort either.

Advice? :)


You can add stuff. I'd say go for it. (I am)

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby aquyenl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Chris Ross wrote:Several of you guys mentioned above that you're going to write a Why Vandy? and submit it. Is it kosher to add pieces to the application later? Vanderbilt is a TOTAL reach for me, but if it would help my application, I think it's worth a shot! I have sincere reasons for desiring to attend, so it wouldn't be a BS effort either.

Advice? :)


yes, send it in. they will respond that your letter has been added to your admissions file or something along the lines of that.

CreativityKing
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby CreativityKing » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Has anyone received any financial aid info? I was accepted a while ago but haven't heard anything since.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 pm

I sent an update recently (not a Why Vandy, an LOCI of sorts) and they replied that it had been added to my file.

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby zeke18 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm

krad wrote:I sent an update recently (not a Why Vandy, an LOCI of sorts) and they replied that it had been added to my file.


did you send it via e-mail?

User avatar
xxxo
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby xxxo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Made it on to WL... happily surprised! Going to visit to show some <3

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm

zeke18 wrote:
krad wrote:I sent an update recently (not a Why Vandy, an LOCI of sorts) and they replied that it had been added to my file.


did you send it via e-mail?


Yup, I emailed it!

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm

aquyenl wrote:
Chris Ross wrote:Several of you guys mentioned above that you're going to write a Why Vandy? and submit it. Is it kosher to add pieces to the application later? Vanderbilt is a TOTAL reach for me, but if it would help my application, I think it's worth a shot! I have sincere reasons for desiring to attend, so it wouldn't be a BS effort either.

Advice? :)


yes, send it in. they will respond that your letter has been added to your admissions file or something along the lines of that.



Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm working on it now!

User avatar
chritabug
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby chritabug » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I had 2.5 trees waiting for me when I got home today :D

Completed 1/21 --> Decision Mailed 1/28, 3.48/170, no interview, no Why Vandy

m dot m
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby m dot m » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:20 pm

So disheartening to read the last post. Waitlisted today. Complete 12/7 ---> decision mailed 1/27. 3.48/169. Can't believe that 1 point makes such a difference... bummer... will try and wait out this wait list I guess since Vandy is way up the list

dc1s
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby dc1s » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 pm

.
Last edited by dc1s on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby mr_toad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:34 pm

RCS wrote:
m dot m wrote:So disheartening to read the last post. Waitlisted today. Complete 12/7 ---> decision mailed 1/27. 3.48/169. Can't believe that 1 point makes such a difference... bummer... will try and wait out this wait list I guess since Vandy is way up the list


There is MUCH more that goes into consideration. If it is any consolation, I can almost assure you that the one point difference is not what seperated you two.


I wanted to write that too. It's way more confusing than that. I've gotten into some schools that people with my approximate numbers have not, and vice versa. I desperately want Northwestern and many people with "lower numbers" are in and I'm not, while people with way better numbers than mine have been waiting on Duke for months whereas I got in very quickly. It's complex and confusing, and probably almost never just about one single point. That said, I'm taking the LSAT for a third time and would be happy to go up just one point, so maybe I'm a hypocrite. But every little bit counts.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby beachbum » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 pm

mr_toad wrote:
RCS wrote:
m dot m wrote:So disheartening to read the last post. Waitlisted today. Complete 12/7 ---> decision mailed 1/27. 3.48/169. Can't believe that 1 point makes such a difference... bummer... will try and wait out this wait list I guess since Vandy is way up the list


There is MUCH more that goes into consideration. If it is any consolation, I can almost assure you that the one point difference is not what seperated you two.


I wanted to write that too. It's way more confusing than that. I've gotten into some schools that people with my approximate numbers have not, and vice versa. I desperately want Northwestern and many people with "lower numbers" are in and I'm not, while people with way better numbers than mine have been waiting on Duke for months whereas I got in very quickly. It's complex and confusing, and probably almost never just about one single point. That said, I'm taking the LSAT for a third time and would be happy to go up just one point, so maybe I'm a hypocrite. But every little bit counts.


+1. If my cycle (and the cycles of those I've been following) are any indication, there's more to it than just numbers. And I think a lot of us on TLS are guilty of being a little too numbers-centric.

Numbers are necessary but not sufficient.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Is there an "in at vandy" thread anywhere? I cant seem to find it.

tothePAIN
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby tothePAIN » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Would love to be in at Vandy. Applied 1/10. 3.84/171/174. Little sister is doing her undergraduate studies there.

Edit: Complete since 1/20

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby mr_toad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:14 pm

tothePAIN wrote:Would love to be in at Vandy. Applied 1/10. 3.84/171/174. Little sister is doing her undergraduate studies there.

Edit: Complete since 1/20


I love your handle. I used that phrase last week somewhere on TLS... to the death. No! To the pain... Your numbers rock.

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Decision Mailed Date 1/31/11....Applied mid-Nov....3.7/ lsat at just below 25%...Strong softs.

I'm freaking! Someone tell me they have this and think they have a good chance to get in! Pleaseeeeee!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...0k sorry.

P.S. I checked late last night. It updated since then.

Do they send WL/dings in the mail?

User avatar
Spinach Lover
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Spinach Lover » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Decision Mailed Date 1/31/11....Applied mid-Nov....3.7/ lsat at just below 25%...Strong softs.

I'm freaking! Someone tell me they have this and think they have a good chance to get in! Pleaseeeeee!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...0k sorry.

P.S. I checked late last night. It updated since then.

Do they send WL/dings in the mail?


As far as I can tell, they send out wl/dings via snail mail, and acceptances via FEDEX. I might be wrong.

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Spinach Lover wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Decision Mailed Date 1/31/11....Applied mid-Nov....3.7/ lsat at just below 25%...Strong softs.

I'm freaking! Someone tell me they have this and think they have a good chance to get in! Pleaseeeeee!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...0k sorry.

P.S. I checked late last night. It updated since then.

Do they send WL/dings in the mail?


As far as I can tell, they send out wl/dings via snail mail, and acceptances via FEDEX. I might be wrong.


Well I just called FEDEX and they said nothing is coming to my home. Sooooooo here comes the WL/ding ):

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Every time someone gets a "decision mailed" my heart sinks a little. :( Complete since 12/9... c'mon, vandy!

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Kabuo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Complete since 11/22. Decision mailed 1/31. Is this consensus that I can call fedex and ask if there are any packages for me? Then, if there aren't, assume that this is a WL/ding coming via snail mail?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, aw_1234, Baby Gaga, BobBoblaw, cyclawps, fattsdomino, jer0689, Keilz, yuppitsme and 36 guests