Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Dang. I really want Vandy and have similar stats. Bummer

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Did any of yall write a PS tailored to Vandy or a Why Vandy?

User avatar
lawyersofcatan
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lawyersofcatan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 pm

krad wrote:Did any of yall write a PS tailored to Vandy or a Why Vandy?


No. Generic PS. Resume.

User avatar
rupret1
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby rupret1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Generic ps for me. I did write (what I thought was) a pretty convincing and sincere LOCI which I sent about 2 weeks ago. For that reason I thought an acceptance was headed my way, not a wl. I didn't interview.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks! I was just curious... :)

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Pricer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm going to submit a Why Vandy if I haven't heard a decision by the end of the week. If I get a WL before then, I will turn it into an LOCI. I hope I don't get straight rejected. I expect that from UVA, but not Vandy.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:02 pm

krad wrote:Did any of yall write a PS tailored to Vandy or a Why Vandy?

I don't exactly who you're asking, but I was accepted and did tailor the final paragraph to Vandy, fwiw. Good luck!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm

eskimo wrote:
krad wrote:Did any of yall write a PS tailored to Vandy or a Why Vandy?

I don't exactly who you're asking, but I was accepted and did tailor the final paragraph to Vandy, fwiw. Good luck!


It was just a group question to get an idea of what people did, because I've heard that Vandy likes people that convey how much they like/want Vandy... Thanks :) congrats again!

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby iwanta170 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm

eskimo wrote:
krad wrote:Did any of yall write a PS tailored to Vandy or a Why Vandy?

I don't exactly who you're asking, but I was accepted and did tailor the final paragraph to Vandy, fwiw. Good luck!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm

...I'll be over here, writing my Why Vandy and sending it out tonight... :D

User avatar
ChuckSchick
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:04 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ChuckSchick » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:12 pm

No Why Vandy, generic PS, but interview.

tarakit
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:24 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby tarakit » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Generic PS but interviewed and wrote Merit Scholars. Pretty good softs/PS. In 1/25

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 am

akili wrote:...I'll be over here, writing my Why Vandy and sending it out tonight... :D


haha good luck with it akili :)

...RC fail you probably did it last night, lol

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 am

generic PS, no interview, wrote a DS though.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 am

.
Last edited by krad on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:43 am

krad wrote:
akili wrote:...I'll be over here, writing my Why Vandy and sending it out tonight... :D


haha good luck with it akili :)

...RC fail you probably did it last night, lol


I almost did it last night, but I have to leave my house to get things done and I hate spending money for decaf coffee, lol. This afternoon is go time though!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am

akili wrote:
krad wrote:
akili wrote:...I'll be over here, writing my Why Vandy and sending it out tonight... :D


haha good luck with it akili :)

...RC fail you probably did it last night, lol


I almost did it last night, but I have to leave my house to get things done and I hate spending money for decaf coffee, lol. This afternoon is go time though!


Haha true that! Well, in that case good luck :)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 am

krad wrote:
akili wrote:
krad wrote:
akili wrote:...I'll be over here, writing my Why Vandy and sending it out tonight... :D


haha good luck with it akili :)

...RC fail you probably did it last night, lol


I almost did it last night, but I have to leave my house to get things done and I hate spending money for decaf coffee, lol. This afternoon is go time though!


Haha true that! Well, in that case good luck :)


Thanks!! It's funny, but the more I learn about Vandy the higher on my list it goes. I really love Nashville, my sister goes there (and I love her), the small class size, great placement, applicable clinics...I could go on. It's pretty much my top 'realistic' choice right now.

User avatar
Stonewall
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Stonewall » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 am

Tailored PS. No interview. Still waiting...

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 am

akili wrote: Thanks!! It's funny, but the more I learn about Vandy the higher on my list it goes. I really love Nashville, my sister goes there (and I love her), the small class size, great placement, applicable clinics...I could go on. It's pretty much my top 'realistic' choice right now.


So you'd take it over UT w/ $? I <3 Vandy for a bajillion reasons haha but ^ (bolded) made me laugh

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:54 am

krad wrote:
akili wrote: Thanks!! It's funny, but the more I learn about Vandy the higher on my list it goes. I really love Nashville, my sister goes there (and I love her), the small class size, great placement, applicable clinics...I could go on. It's pretty much my top 'realistic' choice right now.


So you'd take it over UT w/ $? I <3 Vandy for a bajillion reasons haha but ^ (bolded) made me laugh


I honestly think I would. I grew up in Austin and love the city but I hate hate hate Texas summer so much. I like seasons and cooler weather. It doesn't really make sense logically/financially, but debt isn't really a problem (my parents rule). Texas does dominate Texas, but I just don't know if I want to stay in Texas in the future.

Hahah, yeah...my sis is pretty legit. It's her birthday today too.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:53 pm

akili wrote: I honestly think I would. I grew up in Austin and love the city but I hate hate hate Texas summer so much. I like seasons and cooler weather. It doesn't really make sense logically/financially, but debt isn't really a problem (my parents rule). Texas does dominate Texas, but I just don't know if I want to stay in Texas in the future.

Hahah, yeah...my sis is pretty legit. It's her birthday today too.


Sounds good! Good luck :)

User avatar
daniel5126
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby daniel5126 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 pm

I submitted a LOCI since I've been complete with 11/8 with interview... I found a typo in my LOCI, a rogue 'and' that I had sworn I had already deleted. someone tell me they won't care!!

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby kjadkins » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 pm

daniel5126 wrote:I submitted a LOCI since I've been complete with 11/8 with interview... I found a typo in my LOCI, a rogue 'and' that I had sworn I had already deleted. someone tell me they won't care!!


I had a typo in my resume (an extra 0 in 2010 for a job date, making it 20010) AND a word missing in my PS (I can't remember what but it was a "the" or "and" or something like that, but it was pretty noticeable) that went with my first 11 apps. I caught them both before my second wave of apps, but I doubt it's affected my cycle much (if at all).

User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ach24 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:05 pm

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”