Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby nematoad » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Perch wrote:
nematoad wrote:decision mailed on 1/17 as well. my numbers are lower though so I may break the trend. 3.4x, 166. an acceptance here would be game changing


complete date?


mid october. also interviewed off campus.

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby leefair123 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 pm

mailed 1/19 yeah im low as well i dont think its good

User avatar
Intersect2.0
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Intersect2.0 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Decision mailed 1/12 - I'm above 75th for LSAT and below 25th for GPA, so I'm totally unsure what the outcome's going to be

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Kabuo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 am

Intersect2.0 wrote:Decision mailed 1/12 - I'm above 75th for LSAT and below 25th for GPA, so I'm totally unsure what the outcome's going to be


Can I ask when you applied? Also, how far above 75th you are on LSAT? PM is fine (so is not sharing, obviously). I ask because I've been complete since mid November with the same GPA and a 172. Really hoping for Vandy.

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby bigjinjapan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:18 am

Intersect2.0 wrote:Decision mailed 1/12 - I'm above 75th for LSAT and below 25th for GPA, so I'm totally unsure what the outcome's going to be


Guessing you haven't gotten your letter yet? I'm in the same boat with DM 1/12, but haven't gotten the actual letter yet. It's funny because I got their viewbook, which was mailed on the 11th (and cost $7 to send overseas), but no letter...

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby TheOcho » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:04 am

Decision Mailed 1/17. At/above medians.

User avatar
lawyersofcatan
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lawyersofcatan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:20 am

lawyersofcatan wrote:Decision Mailed Date: 01/19/2011


Above 75% LSAT
Below 25% GPA

GentlemanJim
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby GentlemanJim » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 pm

1/17 mailed. Below medians, so more than likely bad news. One can always hope though.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby whitman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Kabuo wrote:
Intersect2.0 wrote:Decision mailed 1/12 - I'm above 75th for LSAT and below 25th for GPA, so I'm totally unsure what the outcome's going to be


Can I ask when you applied? Also, how far above 75th you are on LSAT? PM is fine (so is not sharing, obviously). I ask because I've been complete since mid November with the same GPA and a 172. Really hoping for Vandy.


Same LSAT for me, a hair below 25th GPA. Applied mid-October with Why Vandy. No interview. No decision.

User avatar
Upton Sinclair
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Upton Sinclair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Decision mailed 01/17.

Above 75% LSAT
Below 25% GPA
Did interview

Still nothing received, which I'm thinking is a bad sign...

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:Decision mailed 01/17.

Above 75% LSAT
Below 25% GPA
Did interview

Still nothing received, which I'm thinking is a bad sign...


Where do you live?

If they're shipping FedEx ground, if the 01/17 packages were mailed after the pickup time, people west of the Rockies should start receiving them today, possibly not till Monday.

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby somewhere » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Upton Sinclair wrote:Decision mailed 01/17.

Above 75% LSAT
Below 25% GPA
Did interview

Still nothing received, which I'm thinking is a bad sign...


Where do you live?

If they're shipping FedEx ground, if the 01/17 packages were mailed after the pickup time, people west of the Rockies should start receiving them today, possibly not till Monday.


I'm not at home so I can't check the box to see if it was FedEx ground or not, but I live in a subrange of the Rockies, where mail frequently takes an extra day to arrive regardless of where it was sent from, and my 01/17 package arrived on 01/19.

User avatar
Upton Sinclair
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Upton Sinclair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm

I live in Cleveland.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:00 pm

somewhere wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Upton Sinclair wrote:Decision mailed 01/17.

Above 75% LSAT
Below 25% GPA
Did interview

Still nothing received, which I'm thinking is a bad sign...


Where do you live?

If they're shipping FedEx ground, if the 01/17 packages were mailed after the pickup time, people west of the Rockies should start receiving them today, possibly not till Monday.


I'm not at home so I can't check the box to see if it was FedEx ground or not, but I live in a subrange of the Rockies, where mail frequently takes an extra day to arrive regardless of where it was sent from, and my 01/17 package arrived on 01/19.


Wow. GG I'm WL/ding X_X

User avatar
Upton Sinclair
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Upton Sinclair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:12 pm

GPAs got us, I guess. I called FedEx and there's no package.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:GPAs got us, I guess. I called FedEx and there's no package.


Also, I didn't do a Why Vandy or Interview. I practically begged them to YP me.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:GPAs got us, I guess. I called FedEx and there's no package.

I said this in an earlier post, but the very day I was accepted via FedEx package, I called FedEx and they said there was no package on file for my address.

User avatar
AfroThunder1212
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:I live in Cleveland.


I'm sorry...

User avatar
PuckCU06
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby PuckCU06 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Anymore news on 1/19 Decision Mailed?????

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 pm

somewhere wrote:I'm not at home so I can't check the box to see if it was FedEx ground or not, but I live in a subrange of the Rockies, where mail frequently takes an extra day to arrive regardless of where it was sent from, and my 01/17 package arrived on 01/19.


Very curious!

gorockies
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby gorockies » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Ugh decision mailed 1/17. It doesn't seem like a good sign that it hasn't arrived yet.

narayan1121
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby narayan1121 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm

To those with recent decisions: what does your timeline look like?

I went complete 12/3, and did my interview 12/17. I haven't heard anything yet.

gorockies
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby gorockies » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 pm

narayan1121 wrote:To those with recent decisions: what does your timeline look like?

I went complete 12/3, and did my interview 12/17. I haven't heard anything yet.



Complete 9/14, interview 10/29, decision sent 1/17

User avatar
fish tacos
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby fish tacos » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Can anyone beat an 11/17 complete date?

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby zeke18 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:45 pm

fish tacos wrote:Can anyone beat an 11/17 complete date?


11/15




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], SweetTort and 8 guests