Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Just how many people does Vandy WL? And how much/little do they actually make use of their WL?

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 pm

not looking good

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby almostfamous » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Just watched the fedex truck come and go...looks like it'll be a wl for me too

Keats
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Keats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 pm

IN!

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ihp12 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Keats wrote:IN!


Congrats!

No denials yet huh? Are we thinking 1/12ers are all WL and acceptances?

User avatar
softsgalore
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby softsgalore » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Aaaaand...WL. Totally bummed out, it was really my first choice for most of this cycle and I thought my 170/3.5 with good softs would get me in with an LSAT point or two to spare.

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Keats wrote:IN!



Very happy for you, hope I can catch streak of your luck too

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm

softsgalore wrote:Aaaaand...WL. Totally bummed out, it was really my first choice for most of this cycle and I thought my 170/3.5 with good softs would get me in with an LSAT point or two to spare.


I'm sorry SG! With your amazing PS, how can ANYONE reject you???

Keats
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Keats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:52 pm

modmx wrote:
Keats wrote:IN!



Very happy for you, hope I can catch streak of your luck too


Hope so too. Good luck!

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby jwrash » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 pm

PSUFB1114 wrote:Waitlisted...3.90 167, good softs

numbers twin with a late app and average softs. cool....

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm officially a part of the 1/12 WL club. My 1/3 scholly at Texas and Michigan will have to console my i guess. 8)

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Just how many people does Vandy WL? And how much/little do they actually make use of their WL?



I'd love to hear more about this... as I'm probably going to be in the WL boat.

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Do the waitlisted individuals feel something in the interview cut them short? Alot of highly qualified, well backed with numbers, candidates are getting waitlisted so i wonder where the shortcomings are

User avatar
BarnabeSpooge
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby BarnabeSpooge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 pm

krad wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Just how many people does Vandy WL? And how much/little do they actually make use of their WL?



I'd love to hear more about this... as I'm probably going to be in the WL boat.

Also a 1/12-er, no mail yet.

Looking at LSN, it seems like they waitlisted a ton of people last year, and only let a very small handful in off of the waitlist.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

modmx wrote:Do the waitlisted individuals feel something in the interview cut them short? Alot of highly qualified, well backed with numbers, candidates are getting waitlisted so i wonder where the shortcomings are


My interview went fine. I think my problem was if they averaged my LSATs. I think I read something that said that was their typical practice. My first score was a 161 so that would've definitely hurt me

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby awilson11 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:01 pm

They do have a pretty tiny class size. I assume to protect that small class size they do some YP by waitlist to see which candidates withdraw to go to other schools...

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:02 pm

My interview went fine. I think my problem was if they averaged my LSATs. I think I read something that said that was their typical practice. My first score was a 161 so that would've definitely hurt me


hmmm. could be. I'm very surprised with your decision, considering the scholarships you've already received. You will be more than fine without Vandy anyways

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 pm

I spoke with someone at admissions last week. They take the higher score.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm

iwanta170 wrote:I spoke with someone at admissions last week. They take the higher score.

Dang...well then i'm confused

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I spoke with someone at admissions last week. They take the higher score.

Dang...well then i'm confused


It's gotta be YP then I think?

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 pm

akili wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I spoke with someone at admissions last week. They take the higher score.

Dang...well then i'm confused


It's gotta be YP then I think?


I guess. If that's the case then they have succeeded on weeding one person out of the admissions process. I'm not gonna sit around on their waitlist

User avatar
daniel5126
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby daniel5126 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

artichoke wrote:Although I thought my interview went well, it must have actually gone terribly wrong as I have yet to hear back from Vandy and my interview was two months ago. Maybe he was pissed about that loud buzzing noise on the line.


my interview was 2 months ago as well, and my interviewer told me the interview went really well, and that he'd give me a strong rec. so your interview could have gone perfectly well :)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:
akili wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I spoke with someone at admissions last week. They take the higher score.

Dang...well then i'm confused


It's gotta be YP then I think?


I guess. If that's the case then they have succeeded on weeding one person out of the admissions process. I'm not gonna sit around on their waitlist


I'll miss you number twin. But hey, Texas with $$ is pretty darn great and Austin is greater or equal to Nashville I'd say.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby artichoke » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Are the people getting WL getting them by mail or email?

letsdoit
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby letsdoit » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm

In with a 163/166/3.8 very good softs, non-urm,

wooo! now i need some scholly $$....
Last edited by letsdoit on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ericb1228, Google Adsense [Bot], hopstoopid, JazzyMac, nahmjun and 10 guests