Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
T6Hopeful

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:34 am

artichoke wrote:
jeff5170 wrote:tagged

I don't get this. Why do people say "tagged" when they tag a thread?

Because they want to follow the thread in their "your posts" link without necessarily having to post something original... I'm sorry, but was that your question? I'm a little confused myself now.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Does Vandy email or snail mail the acceptance..which comes first?
Got an email today from Vanderbilt (already applied and interviewed). The email said they mailed a brochure to my college address and it was returned to Vanderbilt. Why would they track a brochure that they emailed? I did put my snail mail on hold while I'm home for break and really don't know why the post office at school would have sent the brochure back. I am thinking perhaps it's an acceptance package that got mailed and bounced back to them?
Were you guys notified first by snail maile, or by email?
Thanks

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm

masterthearts wrote:Does Vandy email or snail mail the acceptance..which comes first?
Got an email today from Vanderbilt (already applied and interviewed). The email said they mailed a brochure to my college address and it was returned to Vanderbilt. Why would they track a brochure that they emailed? I did put my snail mail on hold while I'm home for break and really don't know why the post office at school would have sent the brochure back. I am thinking perhaps it's an acceptance package that got mailed and bounced back to them?
Thanks

status checker (Vols online thingie says date sent) and then a Fedex package arrived. no email

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:03 pm

masterthearts wrote:Does Vandy email or snail mail the acceptance..which comes first?
Thanks

FedEX packages for all admitted students ITT...check your status checker and see if a decision mailed date is outlined...If you have then that should be some sort of guide...

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:20 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
Thanks

FedEX packages for all admitted students ITT...check your status checker and see if a decision mailed date is outlined...If you have then that should be some sort of guide...

I checked and the "decision mailed" box is blank. Why would they email me about a stupid brochure that bounced back to them? Do they update the status checker as soon as they mail the acceptance?

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 pm

masterthearts wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
Thanks

I checked and the "decision mailed" box is blank. Why would they email me about a stupid brochure that bounced back to them? Do they update the status checker as soon as they mail the acceptance?

yeah, mine updated three days before I received the package

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 pm

FedEX packages for all admitted students ITT...check your status checker and see if a decision mailed date is outlined...If you have then that should be some sort of guide...[/quote]

I checked and the "decision mailed" box is blank. Why would they email me about a stupid brochure that bounced back to them? Do they update the status checker as soon as they mail the acceptance?[/quote]

yeah, mine updated three days before I received the package[/quote]

If the brochure that they are saying they sent me bounced back to Vandy, then I should see a decision rendered in the box, but I am not seeing it. I guess I need to take it at face value and assume they really did mail me a brochure/view book after I applied and interviewed.
Strange.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:51 pm

masterthearts wrote:If the brochure that they are saying they sent me bounced back to Vandy, then I should see a decision rendered in the box, but I am not seeing it. I guess I need to take it at face value and assume they really did mail me a brochure/view book after I applied and interviewed.
Strange.

Yeah, they mail viewbooks to everyone who applies. You'll have a decision mailed date on the status checker if they've rendered a decision.

fletchcon

Postby fletchcon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:45 am

Also FedEx will be given your email address so if they have problems delivering it you should hear from them directly, it happened to me.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Is anyone else pissed off that they use the non-word "extracurricularly" on the Law Scholars application ("What do you expect to be involved in both professionally and extracurricularly 10 years after you have graduated law school? Please explain your response.")? Funny, TLS doesn't underline it in red, but microsoft word does. I cannot find any dictionaries that recognize it as a legit word.

jim

Postby jim » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:29 pm

cubswin wrote:Is anyone else pissed off that they use the non-word "extracurricularly" on the Law Scholars application ("What do you expect to be involved in both professionally and extracurricularly 10 years after you have graduated law school? Please explain your response.")? Funny, TLS doesn't underline it in red, but microsoft word does. I cannot find any dictionaries that recognize it as a legit word.

Yes, it makes me angrier than anything else in the world. I'm so, so pissed off.

Bela

Postby Bela » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:12 am

beachbum wrote:
masterthearts wrote:If the brochure that they are saying they sent me bounced back to Vandy, then I should see a decision rendered in the box, but I am not seeing it. I guess I need to take it at face value and assume they really did mail me a brochure/view book after I applied and interviewed.
Strange.

Yeah, they mail viewbooks to everyone who applies. You'll have a decision mailed date on the status checker if they've rendered a decision.

They sent me a viewbook after they had admitted me over a week beforehand. So yes, it's weird, but they just send them to everyone who applies.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:25 am

cubswin wrote:Is anyone else pissed off that they use the non-word "extracurricularly" on the Law Scholars application ("What do you expect to be involved in both professionally and extracurricularly 10 years after you have graduated law school? Please explain your response.")? Funny, TLS doesn't underline it in red, but microsoft word does. I cannot find any dictionaries that recognize it as a legit word.

I used the word happily...much like misunderstimated, extracurricularly should be a recognized word...fyi microsoft word also doesn't recognize matriculants...apparently TLS doesn't either

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:28 am

Bela wrote:
beachbum wrote:
Strange.

They sent me a viewbook after they had admitted me over a week beforehand. So yes, it's weird, but they just send them to everyone who applies.

Yes, but my mail is on hold and there is no reason the post office at school should have sent it back to Vandy. I am thinking maybe they sent a fed ex package and that got sent back because I wasn't around.
But, the email from the vandy adcom said it was a brochure. Why would they bother contacting me about a brochure that didn't reach me? I told them to send it to my permanent address. We'll see what happens

fletchcon

Postby fletchcon » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:02 pm

masterthearts wrote:Yes, but my mail is on hold and there is no reason the post office at school should have sent it back to Vandy. I am thinking maybe they sent a fed ex package and that got sent back because I wasn't around.
But, the email from the vandy adcom said it was a brochure. Why would they bother contacting me about a brochure that didn't reach me? I told them to send it to my permanent address. We'll see what happens

This is the email I got from FedEx when I wasn't at home to take delivery, so I wouldn't get your hopes up that it was anything other than a brochure.... I'm sure you'll get an acceptance soon though

This tracking update has been requested by:
Company Name:Vanderbilt Univ Law School
Name:Sandy Weinstein
E-mail:admissions@law.vanderbilt.edu

________________________________________________________________________________
FedEx attempted, but was unable to complete delivery of the following shipment:
Ship (P/U) date:Dec 16, 2010
Estimated delivery:Dec 22, 2010
Service type:FedEx International Economy
Packaging type:FedEx Box
Number of pieces:1
Weight:4.20 lb.
Special handling/ServicesResidential Delivery
Deliver Weekday

Tracking number:***********

Reason Delivery Not CompletedRecommended Action
1. Incorrect AddressContact us to provide correct delivery address and/or additional delivery information.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 pm

fletchcon wrote:
masterthearts wrote:Yes, but my mail is on hold and there is no reason the post office at school should have sent it back to Vandy. I am thinking maybe they sent a fed ex package and that got sent back because I wasn't around.

This is the email I got from FedEx when I wasn't at home to take delivery, so I wouldn't get your hopes up that it was anything other than a brochure.... I'm sure you'll get an acceptance soon though

This tracking update has been requested by:
Company Name:Vanderbilt Univ Law School
Name:Sandy Weinstein
E-mail:admissions@law.vanderbilt.edu

________________________________________________________________________________
FedEx attempted, but was unable to complete delivery of the following shipment:
Ship (P/U) date:Dec 16, 2010
Estimated delivery:Dec 22, 2010
Service type:FedEx International Economy
Packaging type:FedEx Box
Number of pieces:1
Weight:4.20 lb.
Special handling/ServicesResidential Delivery
Deliver Weekday

Tracking number:***********

Reason Delivery Not CompletedRecommended Action
1. Incorrect AddressContact us to provide correct delivery address and/or additional delivery information.

No, the email I received about the brochure that didn't reach me was from the admission committee, not from fedex.
Anyway, the whole thing s weird since my mail is no hold and should not have been returned. Maybe it's the school's way of trying to confirm my address before they spend $20 to ship via fedex.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Pissed is a little strong... but yeah, it annoyed me.

ehh2109

Postby ehh2109 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Last edited by ehh2109 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:58 pm

ehh2109 wrote:Status checker updated today to say a decision letter was sent 12/29.

When did your application go complete?

ehh2109

Postby ehh2109 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm

ehh2109

Postby ehh2109 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:46 pm

ehh2109 wrote:I got my 2.5 trees from Vanderbilt 15 minutes ago. In!

Congratulations!
What was your decision mailed date?

ehh2109

Postby ehh2109 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 pm

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm

ehh2109 wrote:I got my 2.5 trees from Vanderbilt 15 minutes ago. In!

No joke

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:16 pm

So, complete since 11/23 with interview on 11/22. Safe to assume this is a WL now?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”