Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:17 pm

re-applicant wrote:big package in california

oh hai.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Sentry » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:19 pm

re-applicant wrote:big package in california

What did re-applicant say when peeing off the golden gate bridge?

"This water's cold....and deep."

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Hahahaha love my SFers!!!

illwill
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby illwill » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 pm

12/2 Complete - 12/13 mailed - just got the package from the Fedex man. He was probably wondering why I was grinning at him when he handed me the package.

Curry

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Curry » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:31 pm

illwill wrote:12/2 Complete - 12/13 mailed - just got the package from the Fedex man. He was probably wondering why I was grinning at him grinding him when he handed me the package.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby NZA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 pm

illwill wrote:12/2 Complete - 12/13 mailed - just got the package from the Fedex man. He was probably wondering why I was grinning at him when he handed me the package.


I have a bottle of whiskey at home ready so if I ever get accepted to anywhere, I can make the guy (or gal) take a shot with me. :D

illwill
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby illwill » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm

NZA wrote:I have a bottle of whiskey at home ready so if I ever get accepted to anywhere, I can make the guy (or gal) take a shot with me. :D


That's an excellent idea. Wish I heard this earlier.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Sentry » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 pm

NZA wrote:
illwill wrote:12/2 Complete - 12/13 mailed - just got the package from the Fedex man. He was probably wondering why I was grinning at him when he handed me the package.


I have a bottle of whiskey at home ready so if I ever get accepted to anywhere, I can make the guy (or gal) take a shot with me. :D

and maybe give him or her your own package?

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:47 pm

NZA wrote:
I have a bottle of whiskey at home ready so if I ever get accepted to anywhere, I can make the guy (or gal) take a shot with me. :D


So doing this

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby eliekedourie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 pm

beachbum wrote:In via FedEx package! Vandy is one of my top choices, so I'm definitely excited about this..

Submitted 10/31
Complete 11/8
Decision Mailed 12/13


Congrats. You knew it was a matter of time.

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby amkid100 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

dpk711 wrote:Accepted via a FedEx package postmarked 12/13!!!
Didn't think much of the school at first but after doing some research it seems Vandy places better than some of the lower T14s -- what do you guys think? I've already been accepted to G-Town but I am now seriously considering Vandy for $$$...


I'm in the same boat as you exactly, although I don't think I'm too keen on Vanderbilt just from browsing the website. What about it (besides $$) would make you consider it over Georgetown? Size/sense of community?

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby dpk711 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:36 pm

eskimo wrote:
dpk711 wrote:Accepted via a FedEx package postmarked 12/13!!!
Didn't think much of the school at first but after doing some research it seems Vandy places better than some of the lower T14s -- what do you guys think? I've already been accepted to G-Town but I am now seriously considering Vandy for $$$...

I am slightly biased because I'm from right outside Nashville, but I'd take Vandy with money over several T14s. Their placement has impressed me, and my interviewer really made me like the school. If you haven't been, I'd definitely recommend a visit as well - the law building is very pretty, and in one of my favorite parts of Nashville!


which t14s??

User avatar
fish tacos
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby fish tacos » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Did anyone else randomly get a Vandy viewbook yesterday? I was a bit surprised because it was sent to my current address (at school) and the only place I've listed my current address is on applications. All other law school shwag from the CRS gets sent to my permanent address... I was confounded to say the least. What should I make of this, if anything? I've been complete since 11/17 with no "decision mailed" date yet... I feel like it's a de facto waitlist decision. Anyone care to chime in?

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:34 pm

fish tacos wrote:Did anyone else randomly get a Vandy viewbook yesterday? I was a bit surprised because it was sent to my current address (at school) and the only place I've listed my current address is on applications. All other law school shwag from the CRS gets sent to my permanent address... I was confounded to say the least. What should I make of this, if anything? I've been complete since 11/17 with no "decision mailed" date yet... I feel like it's a de facto waitlist decision. Anyone care to chime in?


Got one today. Sure, entice me further, Vandy!

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bela » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
fish tacos wrote:Did anyone else randomly get a Vandy viewbook yesterday? I was a bit surprised because it was sent to my current address (at school) and the only place I've listed my current address is on applications. All other law school shwag from the CRS gets sent to my permanent address... I was confounded to say the least. What should I make of this, if anything? I've been complete since 11/17 with no "decision mailed" date yet... I feel like it's a de facto waitlist decision. Anyone care to chime in?


Got one today. Sure, entice me further, Vandy!


I got one today and I got in a while ago - so idk what's up.

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby zeke18 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:37 pm

fish tacos wrote:Did anyone else randomly get a Vandy viewbook yesterday? I was a bit surprised because it was sent to my current address (at school) and the only place I've listed my current address is on applications. All other law school shwag from the CRS gets sent to my permanent address... I was confounded to say the least. What should I make of this, if anything? I've been complete since 11/17 with no "decision mailed" date yet... I feel like it's a de facto waitlist decision. Anyone care to chime in?


I received an e-mail after submitting my application informing me that they would be sending me a viewbook to my current address. I wouldn't make too much out of it.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:16 pm

dpk711 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
dpk711 wrote:Accepted via a FedEx package postmarked 12/13!!!
Didn't think much of the school at first but after doing some research it seems Vandy places better than some of the lower T14s -- what do you guys think? I've already been accepted to G-Town but I am now seriously considering Vandy for $$$...

I am slightly biased because I'm from right outside Nashville, but I'd take Vandy with money over several T14s. Their placement has impressed me, and my interviewer really made me like the school. If you haven't been, I'd definitely recommend a visit as well - the law building is very pretty, and in one of my favorite parts of Nashville!


which t14s??

With the money typically given to those with my numbers, I'd take it over Berkeley, Michigan, and Cornell for sure. If GULC was stingy, them too. But again, this is biased because my family is in middle TN.

User avatar
Run and Tell That
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Run and Tell That » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:37 pm

In today! 166/3.91/non-URM

Great early Christmas present! Off to celebrate 8)

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:44 pm

got the viewbook today as well... sweet

phoenixwright83
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby phoenixwright83 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:44 pm

167, 3.91 .... Complete since 9/14, did my interview on the 23rd of Sept. Contacted the office about my status and I was told that they did receive the interview but were not sure when and my application would be reviewed soon.

Can I assume I am going to be rejected or waitlisted? Does this seem like a normal time frame? I am worried because Vandy is a school on the top of my list and I see that there have been a lot of people with similar numbers being accepted who applied months later.

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby aquyenl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:got the viewbook today as well... sweet


what are your submit and completion dates? did you interview?

i went complete 11/23 but interviewed 12/1.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby NZA » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:01 am

2Serious4Numbers wrote:got the viewbook today as well... sweet


Me, too. Chris Guthrie is fly.

EDIT: Add Alistair Newbern, page 13, to that list. I like her style.
Last edited by NZA on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 am

NZA wrote:
2Serious4Numbers wrote:got the viewbook today as well... sweet


Me, too. Chris Guthrie is fly.

I did as well. Sadly, I don't think it means anything :(

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby NZA » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 am

stlisforlovers wrote:
NZA wrote:
2Serious4Numbers wrote:got the viewbook today as well... sweet


Me, too. Chris Guthrie is fly.

I did as well. Sadly, I don't think it means anything :(


I think in the email I got when I submitted it said they were sending one automatically.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 am

I applied in early November, and they sent one then. And then another one arrived yesterday. Maybe they just send one out to everyone who's waiting.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”