Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby aliarrow » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:43 am

My checker updated yesterday to reflect a 4/19 decision mailed. I just got it yesterday (WL) and it was post marked 4/21.

wyoung
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby wyoung » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Declined the offer + a little money today via snail mail. Hope someone here gets the spot! :)

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ihp12 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 pm

wyoung wrote:Declined the offer + a little money today via snail mail. Hope someone here gets the spot! :)


I call it! Its mine! Double Stamp No Erasies!

wyoung
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby wyoung » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 pm

ihp12 wrote:
wyoung wrote:Declined the offer + a little money today via snail mail. Hope someone here gets the spot! :)


I call it! Its mine! Double Stamp No Erasies!


LOL, best of luck!!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Just withdrew, so hopefully that frees up my spot and some $. Good luck all!

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby coug11 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Did anyone who attending the April ASW get their expenses reimbursed yet? I'm still waiting for my check.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13668
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:11 pm

coug11 wrote:Did anyone who attending the April ASW get their expenses reimbursed yet? I'm still waiting for my check.

I got mine last Saturday.

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Magnolia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:11 pm

coug11 wrote:Did anyone who attending the April ASW get their expenses reimbursed yet? I'm still waiting for my check.

I submitted mine on the 18th, got the check Monday.

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby fingersxd » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Magnolia wrote:
coug11 wrote:Did anyone who attending the April ASW get their expenses reimbursed yet? I'm still waiting for my check.

I submitted mine on the 18th, got the check Monday.


That's strange...I'm still waiting and I think I sumbitted the 16th or 17th? Oh well...I'll have to call on Monday if I don't see anything over the weekend.

...or maybe I should tell them to keep it as my deposit? ha-ha

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby coug11 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:57 am

I submitted a week before the ASW and still haven't received anything... I think I'll just send an e-mail on Monday.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13668
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck to the wait listers.

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby fish52 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Officially withdrew and freed up a good chunk of money. Good luck to all.

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ihp12 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Flips88 wrote:Just withdrew. Good luck to the wait listers.


Thanks and good luck!

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby iwanta170 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:25 pm

I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Magnolia » Sat May 07, 2011 10:52 pm

iwanta170 wrote:I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

There are a good number of current 1Ls in the fb group. I also know of 2 people who have decided to go elsewhere but are still in the group, and there are probably others. It's possible they're overenrolled, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on how many are in the fb group.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13668
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Magnolia wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

There are a good number of current 1Ls in the fb group. I also know of 2 people who have decided to go elsewhere but are still in the group, and there are probably others. It's possible they're overenrolled, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on how many are in the fb group.

Yeah, I was still in it and remembered that I should leave it yesterday. I'm sure there are plenty of 1Ls and admits that haven't noticed to withdraw yet

Vytasgd
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Vytasgd » Mon May 09, 2011 2:21 am

Flips88 wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

There are a good number of current 1Ls in the fb group. I also know of 2 people who have decided to go elsewhere but are still in the group, and there are probably others. It's possible they're overenrolled, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on how many are in the fb group.

Yeah, I was still in it and remembered that I should leave it yesterday. I'm sure there are plenty of 1Ls and admits that haven't noticed to withdraw yet


if they did hit 210 (side-note: i heard they were trying to add another section for the class of 2014, so an extra 30-40 students) would they let all the ppl on the wait-list know that they are basically waiting in vain?

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby TheFactor » Mon May 09, 2011 7:34 am

Vytasgd wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

There are a good number of current 1Ls in the fb group. I also know of 2 people who have decided to go elsewhere but are still in the group, and there are probably others. It's possible they're overenrolled, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on how many are in the fb group.

Yeah, I was still in it and remembered that I should leave it yesterday. I'm sure there are plenty of 1Ls and admits that haven't noticed to withdraw yet


if they did hit 210 (side-note: i heard they were trying to add another section for the class of 2014, so an extra 30-40 students) would they let all the ppl on the wait-list know that they are basically waiting in vain?

no

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby j12 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 am

You can probably also assume that there are people not in the facebook group too.

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ihp12 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:33 am

Vytasgd wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

There are a good number of current 1Ls in the fb group. I also know of 2 people who have decided to go elsewhere but are still in the group, and there are probably others. It's possible they're overenrolled, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on how many are in the fb group.

Yeah, I was still in it and remembered that I should leave it yesterday. I'm sure there are plenty of 1Ls and admits that haven't noticed to withdraw yet


if they did hit 210 (side-note: i heard they were trying to add another section for the class of 2014, so an extra 30-40 students) would they let all the ppl on the wait-list know that they are basically waiting in vain?


Where'd you here that?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13668
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:37 am

Vytasgd wrote:if they did hit 210 (side-note: i heard they were trying to add another section for the class of 2014, so an extra 30-40 students) would they let all the ppl on the wait-list know that they are basically waiting in vain?

What I remember hearing at ASD was that they were adding another section (3 instead of 2) so section sizes would be smaller, but nothing about increasing the overall class size

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby fingersxd » Mon May 09, 2011 10:32 am

Flips88 wrote:
Vytasgd wrote:if they did hit 210 (side-note: i heard they were trying to add another section for the class of 2014, so an extra 30-40 students) would they let all the ppl on the wait-list know that they are basically waiting in vain?

What I remember hearing at ASD was that they were adding another section (3 instead of 2) so section sizes would be smaller, but nothing about increasing the overall class size


I recall them saying the same as well.

User avatar
cucullu
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby cucullu » Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Magnolia wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I wonder if Vanderbilt slightly overenrolled. I see there are almost 210 people in the Facebook group

There are a good number of current 1Ls in the fb group. I also know of 2 people who have decided to go elsewhere but are still in the group, and there are probably others. It's possible they're overenrolled, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on how many are in the fb group.


This.

Vandy draws from their waitlist all through the summer. I know a bunch of people there who got in off WL. Hold onto hope! :)

Vytasgd
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Vytasgd » Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 pm

fingersxd wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Vytasgd wrote:if they did hit 210 (side-note: i heard they were trying to add another section for the class of 2014, so an extra 30-40 students) would they let all the ppl on the wait-list know that they are basically waiting in vain?

What I remember hearing at ASD was that they were adding another section (3 instead of 2) so section sizes would be smaller, but nothing about increasing the overall class size


I recall them saying the same as well.


ah... alright, then i think the girl who told me just misheard them... my mistake

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby clone22 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 pm

yea, not everyone on fb group going there. I'm in 3 groups, and just too lazy to leave them




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cjsanders2, ginawwhan, Google Adsense [Bot], Keilz, ThorB, WamBam and 9 guests