Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

EDIT:

WL. They sent it to my real house. Not sure why.

Challenge accepted.

tguk53
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby tguk53 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm

WL via snail mail today. Withdrawing! Good luck to all who are riding it out! My cycle = over.

MST3K
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby MST3K » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Still sitting at complete since 2/1..

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Emma1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm

tguk53 wrote:WL via snail mail today. Withdrawing! Good luck to all who are riding it out! My cycle = over.


Where are you going?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 am

DMD 4/12 just showed up today.. called FedEx.. no package :/

Vytasgd
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Vytasgd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Checked today... went complete 1/31... DMD 4/12... not feeling optimistic but not gonna call fedex because it's my birthday and i'm not letting anything ruin it!

cjw2222
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby cjw2222 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Went and checked the mail today as I always do and to my shock was a Vandy packet in my box. My heart started racing as I realized who it was from. Then reality kicked in and I figured out this was not the acceptance package and I have not seen a DR on their status check. At least I know my heart can still top 150bpm...

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby JustE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:39 pm

cjw2222 wrote:Went and checked the mail today as I always do and to my shock was a Vandy packet in my box. My heart started racing as I realized who it was from. Then reality kicked in and I figured out this was not the acceptance package and I have not seen a DR on their status check. At least I know my heart can still top 150bpm...


Ditto. Not sure why a brochure showed. Maybe I checked a box somewhere while checking my status? :roll:

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby jman77 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 pm

So Vandy said no to my attempt to negotiate for more money. I will be withdrawing soon and putting $89K back in the pot.

Good luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby JustE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:57 pm

jman77 wrote:So Vandy said no to my attempt to negotiate for more money. I will be withdrawing soon and putting $89K back in the pot.

Good luck to those still waiting!


Good to know! Also, called today and was informed they were mailing my decision today. I'm guessing there will be a few of us receiving an update next week. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13525
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Finally put up some pics I took while visiting Vandy. I don't have any from within the law school because I didn't have my camera on ASD, but went on Saturday and it was locked. The library and classrooms were all very nice though. So here are some pics of the exterior, Vandy's campus, and Nashville.

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Emma1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Great pictures! Loved Vanderbilt

tguk53
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby tguk53 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:08 am

Emma1 wrote:
tguk53 wrote:WL via snail mail today. Withdrawing! Good luck to all who are riding it out! My cycle = over.


Where are you going?


Georgetown!

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby BlueDiamond » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:59 pm

got my WL today in the mail

Edit: anyone know where to find their online wait list form.. mine was sent to my house a few hours away

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:Edit: anyone know where to find their online wait list form.. mine was sent to my house a few hours away


as far as i know, there's not one. you'll have to get your parents to send it to you.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby JenDarby » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 am

I keep feeling as if my cycle is over (barring WL magic) and then I remember I am still yet to hear from Vandy....

MyManKanye
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby MyManKanye » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:53 am

onmytoes812 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:Edit: anyone know where to find their online wait list form.. mine was sent to my house a few hours away


as far as i know, there's not one. you'll have to get your parents to send it to you.


I just emailed them and said I wanted to be held on the WL. I sent the form in a few weeks later but they responded to the email a day later saying they were holding me on it.

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby dpk711 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Just withdrew and released a ton of $$$. Good luck to everyone here!

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ihp12 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 pm

dpk711 wrote:Just withdrew and released a ton of $$$. Good luck to everyone here!


Thank you!

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby fingersxd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:34 am

dpk711 wrote:Just withdrew and released a ton of $$$. Good luck to everyone here!


Here's hoping they move some of that $ my way.

southerngirl
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby southerngirl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I just got my waitlist letter today; the status checker wasn't updated. I'm in Nashville so I expect I was one of the first people to get one...so be on the lookout.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby JenDarby » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:42 am

southerngirl wrote:I just got my waitlist letter today; the status checker wasn't updated. I'm in Nashville so I expect I was one of the first people to get one...so be on the lookout.

they don't update status checkers for WL?

Decision Mailed Date: 04/19/2011

I fully expect to receive my rejection any day now.

gfunkera86
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby gfunkera86 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:52 pm

I got my WL letter like 2 days before status checker updated my decision mailed date (in California)

southerngirl
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby southerngirl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:05 pm

gfunkera86 wrote:I got my WL letter like 2 days before status checker updated my decision mailed date (in California)


Yeah, mine was actually mailed on Thursday, but the status checker wasn't updated until today so maybe they are always two days late.

User avatar
Roxybsr
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Roxybsr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 am

Decision letter mailed.... Can't say I'm very hopeful. Seems like from reading various threads, when there is no email along with a decision update its either denied or WL....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], tinafeyclone and 4 guests