Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby francisConn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

WL.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Rejected: expected it though.

WayBryson
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby WayBryson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Couple of Housing Questions:

1) Does anyone have the contact information for the building manager of Bristol on Broadway? An email address would be awesome because I live in Japan and timing international calls is a bit of a chore.

2) Is anyone interested in a splitting a three bedroom lease at the Bristol on West End or something similarly upscale? My fiance and I will be living together so a place with 3 Beadrooms and 2 baths might make for a good living arrangement. 1 Bedroom and bath for us, 1 Bedroom and bath for you, and a third guestbedroom/office space. PM if this sounds like something you might be keen on.

sch0123
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby sch0123 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 am

SherlockHolmes wrote:Rejected: expected it though.



Same here...

bzsmith
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby bzsmith » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:20 am

WayBryson wrote:Couple of Housing Questions:

1) Does anyone have the contact information for the building manager of Bristol on Broadway? An email address would be awesome because I live in Japan and timing international calls is a bit of a chore.

2) Is anyone interested in a splitting a three bedroom lease at the Bristol on West End or something similarly upscale? My fiance and I will be living together so a place with 3 Beadrooms and 2 baths might make for a good living arrangement. 1 Bedroom and bath for us, 1 Bedroom and bath for you, and a third guestbedroom/office space. PM if this sounds like something you might be keen on.




The contact e-mail for the Bristol is TBurkhart@condominiumconcepts.com.

I lived there during Grad school and I would highly recommend it. Less than a mile from the Law School.

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 am

bzsmith wrote:
WayBryson wrote:Couple of Housing Questions:

1) Does anyone have the contact information for the building manager of Bristol on Broadway? An email address would be awesome because I live in Japan and timing international calls is a bit of a chore.

2) Is anyone interested in a splitting a three bedroom lease at the Bristol on West End or something similarly upscale? My fiance and I will be living together so a place with 3 Beadrooms and 2 baths might make for a good living arrangement. 1 Bedroom and bath for us, 1 Bedroom and bath for you, and a third guestbedroom/office space. PM if this sounds like something you might be keen on.




The contact e-mail for the Bristol is TBurkhart@condominiumconcepts.com.

I lived there during Grad school and I would highly recommend it. Less than a mile from the Law School.


So expensive though… easily $1200+/month

bzsmith
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby bzsmith » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 am

buchy2009 wrote:
bzsmith wrote:
WayBryson wrote:Couple of Housing Questions:

1) Does anyone have the contact information for the building manager of Bristol on Broadway? An email address would be awesome because I live in Japan and timing international calls is a bit of a chore.

2) Is anyone interested in a splitting a three bedroom lease at the Bristol on West End or something similarly upscale? My fiance and I will be living together so a place with 3 Beadrooms and 2 baths might make for a good living arrangement. 1 Bedroom and bath for us, 1 Bedroom and bath for you, and a third guestbedroom/office space. PM if this sounds like something you might be keen on.




The contact e-mail for the Bristol is TBurkhart@condominiumconcepts.com.

I lived there during Grad school and I would highly recommend it. Less than a mile from the Law School.


So expensive though… easily $1200+/month


Not necessarily. I know someone right now who is renting a downtown-view studio for $900 a month.

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm

bzsmith wrote:
buchy2009 wrote:
bzsmith wrote:
WayBryson wrote:Couple of Housing Questions:

1) Does anyone have the contact information for the building manager of Bristol on Broadway? An email address would be awesome because I live in Japan and timing international calls is a bit of a chore.

2) Is anyone interested in a splitting a three bedroom lease at the Bristol on West End or something similarly upscale? My fiance and I will be living together so a place with 3 Beadrooms and 2 baths might make for a good living arrangement. 1 Bedroom and bath for us, 1 Bedroom and bath for you, and a third guestbedroom/office space. PM if this sounds like something you might be keen on.




The contact e-mail for the Bristol is TBurkhart@condominiumconcepts.com.

I lived there during Grad school and I would highly recommend it. Less than a mile from the Law School.


So expensive though… easily $1200+/month


Not necessarily. I know someone right now who is renting a downtown-view studio for $900 a month.


Ooo I didn't know they had studios in the building.

There is cheaper housing in midtown or not far away. Houses a couple blocks off of music row are pretty reasonable and there are (or were when I lived in that neighborhood) a couple apt. places right in midtown that are a lot cheaper.

WayBryson
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby WayBryson » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks to both of you. I am open to suggestions. Ideally, my fiancé and I would like a 2 bedroom place with hard floors, a respectable kitchen, and within a 20 minute walk of the school. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I am not from the area and can't go check it out because I live in Japan.

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby gotcha » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

sch0123 wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:Rejected: expected it though.



Same here...


+1

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ktg808 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 am

WayBryson wrote:Thanks to both of you. I am open to suggestions. Ideally, my fiancé and I would like a 2 bedroom place with hard floors, a respectable kitchen, and within a 20 minute walk of the school. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I am not from the area and can't go check it out because I live in Japan.


http://www.padmapper.com is a great website. you can enter the law school's address and search for apartments within 20 min walking distance, along with any other specifics you're looking for.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby columbia86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 am

gotcha wrote:
sch0123 wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:Rejected: expected it though.



Same here...


+1


Sorry about the rejection, do you mind letting us know when your application went complete? Thanks.

FAR262
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby FAR262 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Any other 4/4 d/ms? Still waiting for the mail and not sure I want to contact Fedex.

sch0123
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby sch0123 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 pm

columbia86 wrote:
gotcha wrote:
sch0123 wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:Rejected: expected it though.



Same here...


+1


Sorry about the rejection, do you mind letting us know when your application went complete? Thanks.


I went complete 1\7\11 and my decision was rendered 3\29\11. Post marked on the 31st though.

MST3K
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby MST3K » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 pm

I've been complete since 2/1, and still no DR..

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:55 pm

decision mailed 4/6 (complete 1/26)

afraid to call FedEx.

User avatar
sUkNoIrzTforEall
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 pm

dm 4/5, called fedex, no package. the end. (unless it's a waitlist)

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Emma1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Is there a date to accept a scholarship or is that the same date as when to send in your deposit?

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ktg808 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Emma1 wrote:Is there a date to accept a scholarship or is that the same date as when to send in your deposit?

You have to accept your scholarship and send in your deposit by May 2nd.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Emma1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Thank you!

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 pm

anyone remember time frame between "decision mailed" date and actual receipt of the mail/package? does the mail (WL/Rejection) take longer than an acceptance package? shorter?

i'm just trying to figure out what's taking so long. i'm like a 5 hour drive from nashville, so we're not talking about crossing oceans here.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 pm

onmytoes812 wrote:anyone remember time frame between "decision mailed" date and actual receipt of the mail/package? does the mail (WL/Rejection) take longer than an acceptance package? shorter?

i'm just trying to figure out what's taking so long. i'm like a 5 hour drive from nashville, so we're not talking about crossing oceans here.

My admit packet took 2 days to reach Colorado. They ship it express.

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:10 pm

thanks...did your date online match the shipping date of the package? it's been 4 USPS days and i guess 2-3 FedEx days. Maybe they mail WL/Rejections Standard Mail, but I figured First Class is pretty standard. Either way it feels too long.

cdsj
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby cdsj » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:54 pm

WL in the mail today. Never had a DMD (even checked it around 6 PM CST and still no notice).

gfunkera86
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby gfunkera86 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 pm

WL in mail today but never had a DMD either




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AJ1010, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], cathy95, ec333, lawschool2017712, myronbolitar, oliviaj_j, potterotter, spursforever and 12 guests