Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Decision mailed 3/22. Just called my apartment and no FedEx. I assume this means WL/reject? FML so much.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Flips88 wrote:Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

:shock:
When is that due?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:32 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

:shock:
When is that due?

May 2nd

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Flips88 wrote:Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

It goes toward tuition

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 pm

iwanta170 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

It goes toward tuition

I'm on 7 T-14 wait lists. Expecting to get on 2 more. So if a spot opens up for me, I'll lose $750, which in the long run isn't much compared to the cost of law school, but in the short term is a lot.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Flips: me too except not as impressive as you I am on 5 waitlists and 2 holds....

750 will be a deep cut

would you take gtown over vandy? I think I will only take a t10 over it

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:27 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:Flips: me too except not as impressive as you I am on 5 waitlists and 2 holds....

750 will be a deep cut

would you take gtown over vandy? I think I will only take a t10 over it

I'm aiming for DC so I think I would take GULC at sticker over Vandy. I need to go to Vandy ASD to see Nashville and the school. Vandy's very bad LRAP concerns me also.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Flips88 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:Flips: me too except not as impressive as you I am on 5 waitlists and 2 holds....

750 will be a deep cut

would you take gtown over vandy? I think I will only take a t10 over it

I'm aiming for DC so I think I would take GULC at sticker over Vandy. I need to go to Vandy ASD to see Nashville and the school. Vandy's very bad LRAP concerns me also.

ok that makes sense.....ya the LRAP program is really low.

Good Luck on GULC then, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:33 pm

waitlisted DLS 3/22

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:34 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:Decision mailed 3/22. Just called my apartment and no FedEx. I assume this means WL/reject? FML so much.


same day WL here.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:20 pm

iwanta170 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

It goes toward tuition


Yes. Hence the name deposit. It's more of a down payment than a reservation fee.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:21 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Just looked at the seat deposit due. $750.00. Jesus christ.

It goes toward tuition


Yes. Hence the name deposit. It's more of a down payment than a reservation fee.

Flips88 wrote:I'm on 7 T-14 wait lists. Expecting to get on 2 more. So if a spot opens up for me, I'll lose $750, which in the long run isn't much compared to the cost of law school, but in the short term is a lot.

trayball23
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby trayball23 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:43 pm

3/22 ... still nothing fml

tguk53
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby tguk53 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Still sitting at complete 1/28. Not a word.

Brendv7
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Brendv7 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 pm

I went complete on Dec 22, 2010. Haven't heard a thing. Pretty frustrating being in limbo for this long.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Yeah. I was hoping my cycle would be done by Spring Break. It's not, and now that it's getting towards the back half of the semester, I actually have to start doing work with this black cloud hanging over me. Psychological fucking warfare

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:52 am

just called admissions...she said people who have been complete since january SHOULD hear something "in the next couple of weeks." the people who were later in the cycle (feb, march) should know by mid-may. for people who were december completions, can't really help you out there on why it's taking so long. 8-12 weeks was the timeframe she gave me.

i'm guessing none of us are "autoadmit" or "autodeny" numbers, which is why they're considering things longer.

so conclusion: at the latest would be May 15ish. but probably sooner for december/january people.

i assume they make decisions on every applicant who doesn't withdraw.

please...
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby please... » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 pm

tguk53 wrote:Still sitting at complete 1/28. Not a word.


+1

please...
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby please... » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 pm

onmytoes812 wrote:just called admissions...she said people who have been complete since january SHOULD hear something "in the next couple of weeks." the people who were later in the cycle (feb, march) should know by mid-may. for people who were december completions, can't really help you out there on why it's taking so long. 8-12 weeks was the timeframe she gave me.

i'm guessing none of us are "autoadmit" or "autodeny" numbers, which is why they're considering things longer.

so conclusion: at the latest would be May 15ish. but probably sooner for december/january people.

i assume they make decisions on every applicant who doesn't withdraw.


thanks for calling!

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:41 pm

no problem! where else is everyone considering?

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby ku1185 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:36 pm

WL'd today via snail mail. Will most likely withdraw this week. GL everyone!

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby msridiculous447 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Withdrew from the WL yesterday....best of luck to those still waiting.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

1/14 and still waiting.

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Zabini » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Looks like I just got accepted! My Virtual VULS updated to "Decision Sent 3/24" today and I just received a couple of emails about admitted students receptions! woot woot! gl to everyone waiting!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”