Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 am

rad law wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
rad law wrote:Srs though student hosts are the way to go. My roommates signed up to host. I probably won't rage hard because I am highly motivated / a striver but tons of people will be drinking hard. I got so wasted at ASW.


Damn, you're making this sounds awfully tempting. Guess I'll see if Vandy will hook me up with a host for both nights.


They will. Call tmrw.


I wonder if I can get a refund from the youth hostel.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 am

lisjjen wrote:
rad law wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
rad law wrote:Srs though student hosts are the way to go. My roommates signed up to host. I probably won't rage hard because I am highly motivated / a striver but tons of people will be drinking hard. I got so wasted at ASW.


Damn, you're making this sounds awfully tempting. Guess I'll see if Vandy will hook me up with a host for both nights.


They will. Call tmrw.


I wonder if I can get a refund from the youth hostel.


I told you to get a host. Even if you can't the hostel is a sunk cost.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am

rad, you're clearly trolling for me to stay with a host on the off-chance we're paired up so we can rage together.

*buys loafers and pastel polos*
Last edited by Bildungsroman on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am

rad law wrote:
I told you to get a host. Even if you can't the hostel is a sunk cost.


Not entirely. Ryan Willard told me he can refund up to $50 a night. So even if they won't refund, I'll get it back from the administration.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13550
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am

Anyone want to go with me to check out Third Man Records (Jack White's record label/store) on Saturday? They're open from noon to 4 PM.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:28 am

Bildungsroman wrote:rad, you're clearly trolling for me to stay with a host on the off-chance we're paired up so we can rage together.

*buys loafers and pastel polos*


Hah you got me. I already committed to eski that I'd for sure come to a TLS meetup, if only for a bit.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13550
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:29 am

rad law wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:rad, you're clearly trolling for me to stay with a host on the off-chance we're paired up so we can rage together.

*buys loafers and pastel polos*


Hah you got me. I already committed to eski that I'd for sure come to a TLS meetup, if only for a bit.

I'm eager to see if the fratastic TLS persona translates IRL

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 am

Flips88 wrote:Anyone want to go with me to check out Third Man Records (Jack White's record label/store) on Saturday? They're open from noon to 4 PM.


God. Dam. It.

goddammit again and again. And again.

Dammit.

I fly back at 7am on Saturday.

ASD lasts pretty much all Friday huh?

rad law wrote:Hah you got me. I already committed to eski that I'd for sure come to a TLS meetup, if only for a bit.


There's such a thing as a TLS meetup? I keep imagining I'd get there and meet Tom Cruise drawn in MS Paint.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 am

Flips88 wrote:
rad law wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:rad, you're clearly trolling for me to stay with a host on the off-chance we're paired up so we can rage together.

*buys loafers and pastel polos*


Hah you got me. I already committed to eski that I'd for sure come to a TLS meetup, if only for a bit.

I'm eager to see if the fratastic TLS persona translates IRL


Select NorB people can confirm the truth.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 am

lisjjen wrote:
rad law wrote:Hah you got me. I already committed to eski that I'd for sure come to a TLS meetup, if only for a bit.


There's such a thing as a TLS meetup? I keep imagining I'd get there and meet Tom Cruise drawn in MS Paint.


The BP crowd can tell you all about meetups.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 am

But seriously. What's the chance I could sneak off on Friday to Third Man Records.

My personal religion tells of the creation of the world as Jack White, Samuel Barber, Miles Davis and Jay-Z singing the universe into existence.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby mr_toad » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 am

I'll be at an upgraded room on Thursday night, hopefully with a student host on Friday night. Won't be arriving until about 9.30 pm on Th, though.

Edit add: wow, posted that before looking at the two preceding pages... eruption.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 am


User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:24 am

eskimo wrote:QFnewpage


This is so helpful! Thanks!

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby sanguar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 am

Magnolia wrote:
eskimo wrote:QFnewpage


This is so helpful! Thanks!


+1 Thanks for putting that together!

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby BBeauty » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 am

Decision mailed...im scared

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:55 am

Flips88 wrote:Anyone want to go with me to check out Third Man Records (Jack White's record label/store) on Saturday? They're open from noon to 4 PM.

YES YES YES

but i can't go to the asw :(

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby beachviolet11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 pm

BBeauty wrote:Decision mailed...im scared



today?

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby pereira6 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Whoa, just missed the big ol' who's visiting when party.

I'm getting there at 6 PM Thursday.

Should we make a visiting Vandy thread?

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby BBeauty » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:33 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:
BBeauty wrote:Decision mailed...im scared



today?

3/8. Im mentally preparing myself for the WL/Deny lol

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby pleasetryagain » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Flips88 wrote:
rad law wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:rad, you're clearly trolling for me to stay with a host on the off-chance we're paired up so we can rage together.

*buys loafers and pastel polos*


Hah you got me. I already committed to eski that I'd for sure come to a TLS meetup, if only for a bit.

I'm eager to see if the fratastic TLS persona translates IRL


Rad Law is definitely as bro-tastic in real life as well.

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 pm

pereira6 wrote:Should we make a visiting Vandy thread?

Maybe. Or at least use the In at Vandy thread so we're not cluttering this thread for people waiting for decisions?

mitz1489
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby mitz1489 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:26 pm

eskimo wrote:QFnewpage



You're a genius for making this...so where are we all meeting up?

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby TheFactor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Just RSVPd for April 8th. That spreadsheet is pure gold btw.

User avatar
Michael Bluth
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Michael Bluth » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:16 pm

RSVP'd for April 8. Certainly down to hit up Third Man Records/bars as well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests