Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
clone22 wrote:
lisjjen wrote:Well for everyone going to the Apr 8th ASD, I'll be O-lineman looking guy with the black and gold paisley tie. Look forward to meeting all of you.

You should be going to the march 25th asw, that way you and me can duke it out for supremacy.

But on a serious note, what's the dress code like for these events? It's not casual?


FWIW, I was in a tshirt and jeans at the GULC ASW and did not feel out of place.


Thank you for that. (Is there a way to say that and not sound sarcastic?) I would hate to be the douche in a suit while everyone is running around in dark jeans.

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bela » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 pm

anyone going to the March asw? I'll be there with boyfriend in tow! (he's also an admitted student)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:46 pm

More scholarship letters tomorrow!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:51 pm

eskimo wrote:More scholarship letters tomorrow!


So freaking excited!!

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby pereira6 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:11 am

akili wrote:
eskimo wrote:More scholarship letters tomorrow!


So freaking excited!!


Each day that passes makes me more and more sure I'll be in Nashville next year if I have a scholly.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 am

lisjjen wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
clone22 wrote:
lisjjen wrote:Well for everyone going to the Apr 8th ASD, I'll be O-lineman looking guy with the black and gold paisley tie. Look forward to meeting all of you.

You should be going to the march 25th asw, that way you and me can duke it out for supremacy.

But on a serious note, what's the dress code like for these events? It's not casual?


FWIW, I was in a tshirt and jeans at the GULC ASW and did not feel out of place.


Thank you for that. (Is there a way to say that and not sound sarcastic?) I would hate to be the douche in a suit while everyone is running around in dark jeans.


Nah, there were people in all outfits (lots of people fresh from work and all that). I think most outfits wouldn't be out of place, unless it's markedly different from the GULC ASW.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 am

akili wrote:
eskimo wrote:More scholarship letters tomorrow!


So freaking excited!!


So excited! Hope my letter (if there is one) will be in this batch.

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby TheFactor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
akili wrote:
eskimo wrote:More scholarship letters tomorrow!


So freaking excited!!


So excited! Hope my letter (if there is one) will be in this batch.

+1 even a small scholarship will likely seal the deal for me

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 am

I'm strongly feeling that if it costs the same to go to UT and Vandy, I'm headed to Vandy.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby merc280 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 am

Ive been complete since the 10th of january. Is that a bad sign?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 am

akili wrote:
eskimo wrote:More scholarship letters tomorrow!


So freaking excited!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

K1988
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby K1988 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 am

DLS 3/1 also. Just called Fedex and there was no package that they could find. Here's hoping some acceptances are coming USPS!!

Are Vanderbilt's batches of decisions usually the same or mixed?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:33 am

lisjjen wrote:I'm strongly feeling that if it costs the same to go to UT and Vandy, I'm headed to Vandy.


+1

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby scruffs mcguff » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:58 am

DM 3-1, not hopeful. How could something be sent express (Fedex or USPS) on 3-1 and not be in NC by Saturday (3-5)?

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:46 pm

any scholly news?

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby clone22 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Schollys coming today
Last edited by clone22 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:53 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:any scholly news?

My mail doesn't get delivered till 5. :(

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby pereira6 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:any scholly news?

My mail doesn't get delivered till 5. :(


+1. Stupid campus mail center.

User avatar
helloscriptkitti
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby helloscriptkitti » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:any scholly news?


I received an offer today via email.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby coug11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 pm

So they're sending scholarhsips via email? Are they also doing snail mail?

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:05 pm

helloscriptkitti wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:any scholly news?


I received an offer today via email.

Nice!!! congrats!!!!

my mail isn't here either :(...and nothing via mail.

my numbers arent great for vandy so I dont know if I am getting anything...a bit worried.

re:negotiating offers---on the ask Vanderbilt 1L, he/she said that they did not know anyone who succ. negotiated offers from the class

User avatar
helloscriptkitti
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby helloscriptkitti » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:11 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
helloscriptkitti wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:any scholly news?


I received an offer today via email.

Nice!!! congrats!!!!

my mail isn't here either :(...and nothing via mail.

my numbers arent great for vandy so I dont know if I am getting anything...a bit worried.

re:negotiating offers---on the ask Vanderbilt 1L, he/she said that they did not know anyone who succ. negotiated offers from the class


Thanks! It was definitely a pleasant surprise. Hopefully everyone else will get the same :D

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby pereira6 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 pm

helloscriptkitti wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:any scholly news?


I received an offer today via email.


Hooray for the consequent obsessive checking of my e-mail!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Someone on LSN is reportin 72k with 167/4!! Woooot

User avatar
cholza00
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby cholza00 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:47 pm

$77,000 over 3 years... 3.7x/172




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”