Vanderbilt 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 pm

lisjjen wrote:
akili wrote:
andyllop wrote:If it's of any use, I receive today my scholarship offer by email but I'm admitted in the LLM program. I was told that my letter was mailed today. I guess this process must also apply for the JD program.

Best of luck.


Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

I'm will probably dance around my apartment if I get a scholarship.


As will I Akili. As will I. I'm trying to decide between UT, USC and Vandy right now. Here's to hoping they make my decision easy for me.


Haha yeah! I'm at pretty much the same UT vs. Vandy. If Vandy doesn't give me a scholarship, I have no idea what I'll end up doing. If they do....decision made. I'll cross my fingers for you too!

mitz1489
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby mitz1489 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:09 pm

akili wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
akili wrote:
andyllop wrote:If it's of any use, I receive today my scholarship offer by email but I'm admitted in the LLM program. I was told that my letter was mailed today. I guess this process must also apply for the JD program.

Best of luck.


Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

I'm will probably dance around my apartment if I get a scholarship.


As will I Akili. As will I. I'm trying to decide between UT, USC and Vandy right now. Here's to hoping they make my decision easy for me.


Haha yeah! I'm at pretty much the same UT vs. Vandy. If Vandy doesn't give me a scholarship, I have no idea what I'll end up doing. If they do....decision made. I'll cross my fingers for you too!


Yeah, I'm exactly the same way, if I get a scholly I'm pretty much for sure going..this snail mail thing is killing me!

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bela » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Really really really hoping for a scholly

onetime1
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby onetime1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:31 pm

DM 3/01, but just showed up today...

I just checked last night - there was nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 pm

akili wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
akili wrote:
andyllop wrote:If it's of any use, I receive today my scholarship offer by email but I'm admitted in the LLM program. I was told that my letter was mailed today. I guess this process must also apply for the JD program.

Best of luck.


Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

I'm will probably dance around my apartment if I get a scholarship.


As will I Akili. As will I. I'm trying to decide between UT, USC and Vandy right now. Here's to hoping they make my decision easy for me.


Haha yeah! I'm at pretty much the same UT vs. Vandy. If Vandy doesn't give me a scholarship, I have no idea what I'll end up doing. If they do....decision made. I'll cross my fingers for you too!


Awesome! Are you going to the ASD on April 8th?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Come on, Vandy. Send me a scholly and I'll visit in April. I want to experience Nashville and meet my fellow TLSers.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13563
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Come on, Vandy. Send me a scholly and I'll visit in April. I want to experience Nashville and meet my fellow TLSers.

Visit anyway!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby akili » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Awesome! Are you going to the ASD on April 8th?


Yes! I'm very excited! Hopefully it will be a visit to just confirm my choice!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Kind of surprised no one got anything in the mail today.

User avatar
Run and Tell That
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Run and Tell That » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 pm

Scholarship letter today... Postmarked 3/3/11

$20,000/year as long as I remain in "good standing."

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 pm

eskimo wrote:Kind of surprised no one got anything in the mail today.

:lol: nevermind!

Congrats, Run!!

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13563
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Run and Tell That wrote:Scholarship letter today... Postmarked 3/3/11

$20,000/year as long as I remain in "good standing."

Congrats. Stats if you don't mind

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Run and Tell That wrote:Scholarship letter today... Postmarked 3/3/11

$20,000/year as long as I remain in "good standing."

Congrats. Stats if you don't mind

I thought you were being sarcastic the other day when you mentioned it being hard to look through someone's posts. Tsk tsk.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13563
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Flips88 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 pm

eskimo wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Run and Tell That wrote:Scholarship letter today... Postmarked 3/3/11

$20,000/year as long as I remain in "good standing."

Congrats. Stats if you don't mind

I thought you were being sarcastic the other day when you mentioned it being hard to look through someone's posts. Tsk tsk.

:oops: distracted. it's saturday. I just checked profile and saw nothing. I am in the general stats range so maybe I'll actually get offered something

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Dany » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:52 pm

haha I'm just teasing! <3 I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

User avatar
Run and Tell That
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Run and Tell That » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Numbers are 166/3.92. I have some interesting softs that I'm sure helped, but I'm still a little surprised about the generous offer. I'll most likely be attending. :D

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Law Sauce » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:05 am

congrats man, i mean home home home boy

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:06 am

Run and Tell That wrote:Numbers are 166/3.92. I have some interesting softs that I'm sure helped, but I'm still a little surprised about the generous offer. I'll most likely be attending. :D


Congrats!!!!! are you close to nashville?

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby TheFactor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:13 am

Run and Tell That wrote:Numbers are 166/3.92. I have some interesting softs that I'm sure helped, but I'm still a little surprised about the generous offer. I'll most likely be attending. :D

Congrats! You give an almost-numbers-twin hope for some $$.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Omg omg omg omg omg decision mailed 3/1. Def wasn't there on Friday.... Hoping for a WL...
Last edited by LttleBlakDress on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Well for everyone going to the Apr 8th ASD, I'll be O-lineman looking guy with the black and gold paisley tie. Look forward to meeting all of you.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby clone22 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:11 pm

lisjjen wrote:Well for everyone going to the Apr 8th ASD, I'll be O-lineman looking guy with the black and gold paisley tie. Look forward to meeting all of you.

You should be going to the march 25th asw, that way you and me can duke it out for supremacy.

But on a serious note, what's the dress code like for these events? It's not casual?

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby lisjjen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:20 pm

clone22 wrote:
lisjjen wrote:Well for everyone going to the Apr 8th ASD, I'll be O-lineman looking guy with the black and gold paisley tie. Look forward to meeting all of you.

You should be going to the march 25th asw, that way you and me can duke it out for supremacy.

But on a serious note, what's the dress code like for these events? It's not casual?


Not sure, but being overdressed never makes me feel uncomfortable and it's better than coming in cut-off shorts and a t-shirt.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13294
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby JenDarby » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Since I'm sure Vandy was waiting on my LSAT score, I sure hope they see my second 168 and think "damn this girls consistent" and admit me soon ideally with some money

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 pm

clone22 wrote:
lisjjen wrote:Well for everyone going to the Apr 8th ASD, I'll be O-lineman looking guy with the black and gold paisley tie. Look forward to meeting all of you.

You should be going to the march 25th asw, that way you and me can duke it out for supremacy.

But on a serious note, what's the dress code like for these events? It's not casual?


FWIW, I was in a tshirt and jeans at the GULC ASW and did not feel out of place.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dojodawg, joezze, patrickkpaul, RictusErectus and 6 guests