Vanderbilt 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onmytoes812

New

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Post by onmytoes812 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 am

Complete since late January. My 8-week mark is coming up.

Anyone else waiting?

And biggest question...do they have a "decision by this date at the latest" date? (i.e. UVA says "by April 15 you will know something")

Sorry lots of questions but it's driving me crazy!!
Last edited by onmytoes812 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 am

Anyone know how to withdraw?

Just found out I'll be getting free tuition at UT, and Ivy League Penn gave me almost as much merit money as Vanderbilt.

I'd like to free up a spot for someone still waiting. If you're one of these people, please PM me with how to withdraw in case I don't check this thread again. Good luck!

enron123

Bronze

Post by enron123 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 am

pmed, hopefully that gives me a spot but...

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 pm

niederbomb wrote:Anyone know how to withdraw?

Just found out I'll be getting free tuition at UT, and Ivy League Penn gave me almost as much merit money as Vanderbilt.

I'd like to free up a spot for someone still waiting. If you're one of these people, please PM me with how to withdraw in case I don't check this thread again. Good luck!
Did you say "Ivy League Penn" to preempt football jokes? I guess it worked on me. Enjoy Happy Valley.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Stop being a douche.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:40 pm

STFU and stop being a douche

EDIT: Just saw Flips' "stop being a douche" so +1 basically

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Nobody could possibly care less. I've never read a post by you that didn't strike me as being stupid.

trayball23

Bronze

Post by trayball23 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Dear vanderbilt,

Please send me a decision soon... I check my email way too much and my mail man now thinks I am stalking him...

please...

New

Post by please... » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm

trayball23 wrote:Dear vanderbilt,

Please send me a decision soon... I check my email way too much and my mail man now thinks I am stalking him...
BAHAHA! Story of my life...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mettasutta

Bronze

Post by mettasutta » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm

With a 3.82 GPA, which is Vandy's 75th according to the latest rankings, what sort of LSAT would I need in June to get off of the waitlist, assuming that spaces open up in the summer? Any chance of getting merit aid if I hit it out of the park with a 170+?

FAR262

New

Post by FAR262 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:10 pm

JenDarby wrote:
bbermud wrote:I've been complete since 1/24. Is that a good thing or bad thing that I still havent heard anything? Why am I not under review by now?

Just pull the trigger, vandy.
I honestly haven't been following this thread. Do you know when your in review? I've been complete for a while, but just figured I wouldn't hear anything more until decision mailed...
+1 and I'm a 1/24 complete as well

onmytoes812

New

Post by onmytoes812 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:12 pm

please... wrote:

Same! I'm hoping for an acceptance at this point for the sanity of my roommates and friends. They can't handle a Waitlist. And of course there's still the rejection possibility.

I've been complete since 1/26. They usually take 8 weeks because of their process (which is complicated, but interesting)

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 pm

onmytoes812 wrote:
please... wrote:

Same! I'm hoping for an acceptance at this point for the sanity of my roommates and friends. They can't handle a Waitlist. And of course there's still the rejection possibility.

I've been complete since 1/26. They usually take 8 weeks because of their process (which is complicated, but interesting)
I've been sitting at complete since 1/14. Please Vandy. The wait is beginning to be too much.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:18 pm

onmytoes812 wrote:
please... wrote:

Complete since 1/21.

sch0123

Bronze

Post by sch0123 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Complete since 1\7, the wait is excruciating!! I'm not optimistic, almost hoping for a WL... got my LOCI ready and waiting :?

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 am

onmytoes812 wrote:Complete since late January. My 8-week mark is coming up.

Anyone else waiting?

And biggest question...do they have a "decision by this date at the latest" date? (i.e. UVA says "by April 15 you will know something")

I scoured Virtual VULS for this info. I figured it had to be something like (hopefully) April 1, possibly April 15, or god forbid May or beyond. I don't think they publicized a deadline for themselves. They'll get to you when they get to you I guess. Damn.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:22 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:

Anyone else waiting?

I scoured Virtual VULS for this info. I figured it had to be something like (hopefully) April 1, possibly April 15, or god forbid May or beyond. I don't think they publicized a deadline for themselves. They'll get to you when they get to you I guess. Damn.
Deposits for vandy aren't due till May 2nd. However with deposits ranging from April 1 to the 15th for most other schools, it'll definitely be putting you at a disadvantage to wait much longer

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 am

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:42 am

Flips88 wrote:

Anyone else waiting?

Deposits for vandy aren't due till May 2nd. However with deposits ranging from April 1 to the 15th for most other schools, it'll definitely be putting you at a disadvantage to wait much longer
In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind eating $300-500, it's just frustrating

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 am

In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind eating $300-500, it's just frustrating
Yeah in the face of $100-200k for law school, $500 is chump change sadly.

please...

New

Post by please... » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 pm

onmytoes812 wrote:
please... wrote:

What exactly is Vandy's admissions process? How does their 'complicated, but interesting' system differ from other schools? Just curious...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

Nobody could possibly care less. I've never read a post by you that didn't strike me as being stupid.
If I was a douche, I would probably have read these replies and then sat on my acceptance until it automatically "expired" on May 2nd. But withdrew already. Enjoy Nashville!

Definitely reconsidering law school at the moment, due to the prospects of spending the rest of my life with people like this, and other reasons. Maybe someone can have my MP spots, too!
Last edited by niederbomb on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 pm

niederbomb wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

If I was a douche, I would probably have read these replies and then sat on my acceptance until it automatically "expired" on May 2nd. But withdrew already. Enjoy Nashville!
Nah, you're still a douche.

columbia86

Bronze

Post by columbia86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 pm

niederbomb wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

Definitely reconsidering law school at the moment, due to the prospects of spending the rest of my life with people like this, and other reasons. Maybe someone can have my MP spots, too!
niederbomb, i actually pity you. you are either completely bereft of social skills or a complete ass...either way, i hope things improve for you as you get older. all the best.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

columbia86 wrote:
niederbomb wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

niederbomb, i actually pity you. you are either completely bereft of social skills or a complete ass...either way, i hope things improve for you as you get older. all the best.
Yeah, like you can judge someone's personality on the internet. "I'm So Much Cooler Online," as the Country song goes. I have a real job, so TLS is where all the stuff comes out that I'm not allowed to say to boss/co-workers. Get a life yourself.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”