Vanderbilt 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fingersxd

Silver

Re: Vanderbilt 2011

Post by fingersxd » Mon May 09, 2011 1:49 pm

coug11 wrote:I submitted a week before the ASW and still haven't received anything... I think I'll just send an e-mail on Monday.
I got mine late last week - Friday I think?

FAR262

New

Post by FAR262 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Just got this e-mail from Vandy so it seems like they are still filling spots from their waitlist:

I write with a Vanderbilt wait list update.

Over the last few days, we have offered admission to a small number of wait-listed applicants to fill spaces in the entering class. Based on past experience, we anticipate that more spaces will become available before orientation begins on August 15. Because vacancies occur only when admitted students who have paid deposits withdraw from the class, the number and timing of vacancies are unknown until they occur. Our best guess is that spaces will become available occasionally during the coming weeks, and we will act to fill them very quickly once they occur.

If you are serious about accepting an offer of admission to Vanderbilt, we ask that you continue to keep us informed of your interest going forward. Because we will require a quick response, you might wish to ready the questions you would have should you receive an offer of admission. You might also consider whether there is a date after which you could no longer realistically accept an offer from us in light of other commitments you have made or will make as the summer progresses. We will be glad to hear from you with updates about your circumstances or just to check in, and we will share any new information we have that might be helpful to you. We keep close track of these contacts with our office, and they can play a helpful role when we must fill vacancies quickly.

In a typical admission season, some wait-list candidates receive offers of admission in July or August and join the first-year class at Vanderbilt. Although there are many uncertainties, keeping plans for the fall flexible and remaining open to the possibility of a spot becoming available helps to create the best circumstances for this to occur.

We appreciate your interest in Vanderbilt and your patience with the wait list process. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

G. Todd Morton

Assistant Dean and

Dean of Admissions

Admissions Office

HogLife

New

Post by HogLife » Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 am

*scratches forehead* ... what could it possibly mean that I received a WL offer the same day you all got this email? I feel like I just missed an offer or something. Huge blow... Huge.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Wed May 11, 2011 11:33 am

HogLife wrote:*scratches forehead* ... what could it possibly mean that I received a WL offer the same day you all got this email? I feel like I just missed an offer or something. Huge blow... Huge.
Yup. I did not get an email and I got a call later that day with an offer.

HogLife

New

Post by HogLife » Wed May 11, 2011 2:00 pm

thelawyler wrote:
HogLife wrote:*scratches forehead* ... what could it possibly mean that I received a WL offer the same day you all got this email? I feel like I just missed an offer or something. Huge blow... Huge.
Yup. I did not get an email and I got a call later that day with an offer.
Sheesh... don't spare my feelings, lol. No, but in all seriousness, congratulations on the offer! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSATurday

New

Post by LSATurday » Wed May 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Got in off waitlist the other day with 5k/year +5k more.
I have til Friday to respond. I will almost def be turning it down however.

Vytasgd

New

Post by Vytasgd » Wed May 11, 2011 7:13 pm

LSATurday wrote:Got in off waitlist the other day with 5k/year +5k more.
I have til Friday to respond. I will almost def be turning it down however.
my new hero.... keeping hope alive for me!

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Accepted from the Waitlist this morning! So excited!!

mlsdreamer

New

Post by mlsdreamer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:15 pm

'grats!

If you don't mind sharing, did you retake your 164? If so, how much did you improve? If not, what do you think got you pulled from the WL - > Accept pile? Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sold123

New

Post by sold123 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:02 pm

LS-boundNYC wrote:Accepted from the Waitlist this morning! So excited!!
Congrats
Last edited by sold123 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks! The 164 was my one and only LSAT score. I think I had some pretty good softs. I only sent 2 LORs with my application, and after being waitlisted, I followed up with a LOCI and another LOR. I also sent some spaced-out emails with other updates and inquiries. I didn't really do too much "special," and I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary.

To be honest, I was completely surprised with my acceptance, as I'm sure many of you are! I assumed the WL was a soft rejection. Now, of course, I'm thrilled. (I just have to figure out if I want to bite the bullet and pay sticker.)

planQ

Bronze

Post by planQ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Just withdrew from the school, hope a TLS'r gets my spot!

nosaj123

New

Post by nosaj123 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Should be a spot opening up for one of you. I had to defer until next year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:51 am

Got in off the waitlist today, hadn't contacted the school since I sent in the app and didn't interview. I thought I had withdrawn for some reason, so thank god I didn't. The person mentioned that there were a few seats open, so we should see more WL movement.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 am

Hannibal wrote:Got in off the waitlist today, hadn't contacted the school since I sent in the app and didn't interview. I thought I had withdrawn for some reason, so thank god I didn't. The person mentioned that there were a few seats open, so we should see more WL movement.
U goin dawg?

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:54 am

rad law wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Got in off the waitlist today, hadn't contacted the school since I sent in the app and didn't interview. I thought I had withdrawn for some reason, so thank god I didn't. The person mentioned that there were a few seats open, so we should see more WL movement.
U goin dawg?
90% chance right now.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:02 am

Hannibal wrote:
rad law wrote:
U goin dawg?
90% chance right now.
You AND fatduck? Holy hell.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Uh oh...sounds like TLS is well represented in Co2014

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”