Minnesota 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Gotti wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.

yeah I think it was my first UR date


Cool beans. Thanks guys. Just want to get accepted somewhere so I can stop the frantic job search.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 pm

kjadkins wrote:
PinkCow wrote:
kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?



Can't answer your second Q, but I read earlier that one letter is some nice congrats letter and one is just some generic info, so 3 total. I think the breakdown will come regardless to show you how much it's gonna cost...


Haha k. I figured it was just wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask.


Hey there! Congrats! I notice we are numbers twins. If it's not too personal, do you know yet if UMN is giving you any $$?

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm trying to make sense of the process. They like LSATs near their 75, but not high gpas? I'd think most schools would eat up high gpas if the LSAT is anywhere near their median but what do I know. I understand YP, just, man.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:16 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.


I'm pretty sure that 1/7 was my only review date.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:18 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
PinkCow wrote:
kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?



Can't answer your second Q, but I read earlier that one letter is some nice congrats letter and one is just some generic info, so 3 total. I think the breakdown will come regardless to show you how much it's gonna cost...


Haha k. I figured it was just wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask.


Hey there! Congrats! I notice we are numbers twins. If it's not too personal, do you know yet if UMN is giving you any $$?


Hi numbers twin! :) I don't know about $$ yet, but as soon as I get my admit packet I'll post whether or not I got any.

LSATurday
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby LSATurday » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:26 pm

I got another w/l email today. Thanks Minny. You dicks.

TurkeyDay
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby TurkeyDay » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Waitlist email today with a 161/3.61. I'm shocked. Thought I was an auto-ding. Flattered, though :D

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 pm

In!

I am exhausted, and don't feel well, and couldn't bring myself to answer, knowing how unenthusiastic I would sound.

All the same, yay!

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Haha UM rubbed it in a bit more with a second rejection email this morning...

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:27 pm

TurkeyDay wrote:Waitlist email today with a 161/3.61. I'm shocked. Thought I was an auto-ding. Flattered, though :D


This gives me a glimmer of hope. Albeit, probably false hope haha

User avatar
KingRajesh
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby KingRajesh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Waitlisted. And here I thought URM was auto-admit! :D

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby TheOcho » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 pm

60k scholarship came with the admit package today. Any idea if they will match/beat 90k from Illinois?

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby purplebulldogs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm

in via voicemail just a few minutes ago!

168, 3.73

complete 12/23

edit: in review 1/21

ClutchCity24
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby ClutchCity24 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Waitlisted today via email. 165 and 3.33.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby forward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm

So, I had withdrawn, but I got a call from Nick Wallace on Friday. Somehow, my app still got in his pile and I got admitted with a full tuition schollie. I was expecting a ding (YP) given how long my app seemed to languish, but at any rate, I'm in.

In-state tuition (reciprocity).

Good luck all!

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:17 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:in via voicemail just a few minutes ago!

168, 3.73

complete 12/23

edit: in review 1/21


Dude. Was 1/21 your first review date?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:18 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:in via voicemail just a few minutes ago!

168, 3.73

complete 12/23

edit: in review 1/21


+1 this is basically a mirror of me/my timeline

JKill01
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JKill01 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Rejected today via e-mail.... :(

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:19 pm

forward wrote:So, I had withdrawn, but I got a call from Nick Wallace on Friday. Somehow, my app still got in his pile and I got admitted with a full tuition schollie. I was expecting a ding (YP) given how long my app seemed to languish, but at any rate, I'm in.

In-state tuition (reciprocity).

Good luck all!


I've seen this twice now (but the first was a potential flame). Is the consensus that most people AREN'T notified of scholarship amounts over the phone even if they did get one? None was mentioned, but mine was a voicemail.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby forward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:21 pm

kjadkins wrote:
forward wrote:So, I had withdrawn, but I got a call from Nick Wallace on Friday. Somehow, my app still got in his pile and I got admitted with a full tuition schollie. I was expecting a ding (YP) given how long my app seemed to languish, but at any rate, I'm in.

In-state tuition (reciprocity).

Good luck all!


I've seen this twice now (but the first was a potential flame). Is the consensus that most people AREN'T notified of scholarship amounts over the phone even if they did get one? None was mentioned, but mine was a voicemail.


Well, my call was a bit weird - voicemail with no reference, but I called back because I had withdrawn and explained why. So, I withdrew the withdrawal and also asked about it while I had him on the phone.

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby HappyinDC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Just got a phone call. In 167/3.25 but no scholarship information just yet...I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

HappyinDC wrote:Just got a phone call. In 167/3.25 but no scholarship information just yet...I guess we'll just have to wait and see!


IR date(s)?

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby HappyinDC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:
HappyinDC wrote:Just got a phone call. In 167/3.25 but no scholarship information just yet...I guess we'll just have to wait and see!


IR date(s)?


Applied/Complete 12/23

User avatar
morganonthecoast
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby morganonthecoast » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Got the call this afternoon. In with 167/3.6, last IR 1/21

sunyoo25
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby sunyoo25 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 pm

In today via email about 5 hours ago!
International applicant so no phonecall.

169/ 3.6-ish (international, no LSCAS GPA).
Application complete 12/14, IR 12/23 and 1/21 (didn't check too often so maybe more often than that).
Looking forward to the "real" admission materials! :)


Edit: It still says IR 1/21 in my status checker.
Last edited by sunyoo25 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, curry4bfast, Google [Bot], ws120 and 7 guests