Minnesota 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SlimCharles
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Got the "decision sent" status today after IR 1/7, but still no email. Should it really take more than just a few minutes for me to receive an email after that status is changed? Needless to say I will be a very unhappy dude if in a couple hours I get dinged or WL'ed via email.

Sorry for all you guys experiencing communication problems from UMN's office. I hope I won't be joining you!

Mmm sorry I hate to be the one that says this...but my status checker says Admitted - Congratulations!! 01/26/11 (even though it updated yesterday...)

and I got a call too

Edit: My point was I think it might be a WL or ding :?


Well that's crappy news, I love Minneapolis and thought I stood a good chance of getting in.. but at least I didn't have to wait around for 3 hours to learn my fate. I appreciate it Gotti

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Autoaccept wrote:Yep, I got in via voicemail last week and just got a wait list e-mail.


hahahaha this is hilarious. get your shit together UMN!

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Waitlisted from the UR 1/7 group - 166/3.75 - blatant YP amirite?!? :wink:

Will probably take myself off the waitlist next week.
Last edited by LeDique on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PinkCow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?



Can't answer your second Q, but I read earlier that one letter is some nice congrats letter and one is just some generic info, so 3 total. I think the breakdown will come regardless to show you how much it's gonna cost...

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

PinkCow wrote:
kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?



Can't answer your second Q, but I read earlier that one letter is some nice congrats letter and one is just some generic info, so 3 total. I think the breakdown will come regardless to show you how much it's gonna cost...


Haha k. I figured it was just wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Pink » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm

kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?


I haven't looked at my checker recently, but I had 3 blank mailings the day I got accepted. I only received one package, but it included scholly info, an admit letter, and all the other random stuff. :)

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:25 pm

SlimCharles wrote:
Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Got the "decision sent" status today after IR 1/7, but still no email. Should it really take more than just a few minutes for me to receive an email after that status is changed? Needless to say I will be a very unhappy dude if in a couple hours I get dinged or WL'ed via email.

Sorry for all you guys experiencing communication problems from UMN's office. I hope I won't be joining you!

Mmm sorry I hate to be the one that says this...but my status checker says Admitted - Congratulations!! 01/26/11 (even though it updated yesterday...)

and I got a call too

Edit: My point was I think it might be a WL or ding :?


Well that's crappy news, I love Minneapolis and thought I stood a good chance of getting in.. but at least I didn't have to wait around for 3 hours to learn my fate. I appreciate it Gotti

What are your stats? THey've been YP-ing like a motherfucker too, btw

User avatar
SlimCharles
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:
Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Got the "decision sent" status today after IR 1/7, but still no email. Should it really take more than just a few minutes for me to receive an email after that status is changed? Needless to say I will be a very unhappy dude if in a couple hours I get dinged or WL'ed via email.

Sorry for all you guys experiencing communication problems from UMN's office. I hope I won't be joining you!

Mmm sorry I hate to be the one that says this...but my status checker says Admitted - Congratulations!! 01/26/11 (even though it updated yesterday...)

and I got a call too

Edit: My point was I think it might be a WL or ding :?


Well that's crappy news, I love Minneapolis and thought I stood a good chance of getting in.. but at least I didn't have to wait around for 3 hours to learn my fate. I appreciate it Gotti

What are your stats? THey've been YP-ing like a motherfucker too, btw

Not YP unfortunately :| I'm 165/3.5, Mich undergrad. I kept reading that they're looking for 167+ but I was hopeful since it seems to me it would be difficult to fill a whole incoming class with 167-169ers.

Still no email by the way!

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

SlimCharles wrote:Not YP unfortunately :| I'm 165/3.5, Mich undergrad. I kept reading that they're looking for 167+ but I was hopeful since it seems to me it would be difficult to fill a whole incoming class with 167-169ers.

Still no email by the way!


I think they like high GPAs paired with avg LSATs before people get into YP territory...or so it seems

SnitchenRandy
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SnitchenRandy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Not YP unfortunately :| I'm 165/3.5, Mich undergrad. I kept reading that they're looking for 167+ but I was hopeful since it seems to me it would be difficult to fill a whole incoming class with 167-169ers.

Still no email by the way!


I think they like high GPAs paired with avg LSATs before people get into YP territory...or so it seems


The Game Stay the Game, Slim.

User avatar
SlimCharles
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:58 pm

It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

@SnitchenRandy ain't that the truth

SnitchenRandy
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SnitchenRandy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

SlimCharles wrote:It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

@SnitchenRandy ain't that the truth



Oh, Indeed.

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby fiery_searcher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:


Do they send a waitlist e-mail? Just deciding if I should wait for that to withdraw my app.

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby fiery_searcher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 pm

LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:


Do they send a waitlist e-mail? Just deciding if I should wait for that to withdraw my app.


Didn't get an email, just saw it on the status checker.

EDIT: Spoke to soon, just got the email.

User avatar
SlimCharles
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Oh and for those following #s I just received my ding email. But hey, it doubles as a fee waiver for a transfer application, so at least I have that going for me..

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:
LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:


Do they send a waitlist e-mail? Just deciding if I should wait for that to withdraw my app.


Didn't get an email, just saw it on the status checker.

EDIT: Spoke to soon, just got the email.


Same. Just came to post I got it.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:12 pm

SlimCharles wrote:It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

@SnitchenRandy ain't that the truth

There's probably no chance I'm going there...I just wanted the option if no one else accepted me. Hastings did, and I'm from CA so it's a better choice, despite the ranking discrepancy. When I withdraw, I'll write UMN a note telling them to give you my spot :lol:

Edit: Oh my bad, just saw you got dinged :(

User avatar
SlimCharles
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

@SnitchenRandy ain't that the truth

There's probably no chance I'm going there...I just wanted the option if no one else accepted me. Hastings did, and I'm from CA so it's a better choice, despite the ranking discrepancy. When I withdraw, I'll write UMN a note telling them to give you my spot :lol:

Edit: Oh my bad, just saw you got dinged :(

Hah well I do appreciate the gesture! And I can understand not wanting to leave sunny California for the tundra. Shoot, I'm a Michigander in DC and the thought of spending 1 more summer here, much less 10, is enough to get my ass moving on relocating. Enjoy your time at Hastings or wherever else!

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.


I was UR 12/23 --> 1/21

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

JenDarby wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.


I was UR 12/23 --> 1/21



Makes me wish I had applied a little earlier. Oh well

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.

yeah I think it was my first UR date

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 pm

FWIW I applied 12/16, just went instantly UR basically.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, Pomegranate27, taxman14 and 9 guests