Minnesota 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SlimCharles

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Got the "decision sent" status today after IR 1/7, but still no email. Should it really take more than just a few minutes for me to receive an email after that status is changed? Needless to say I will be a very unhappy dude if in a couple hours I get dinged or WL'ed via email.

Sorry for all you guys experiencing communication problems from UMN's office. I hope I won't be joining you!

Mmm sorry I hate to be the one that says this...but my status checker says Admitted - Congratulations!! 01/26/11 (even though it updated yesterday...)

and I got a call too

Edit: My point was I think it might be a WL or ding :?

Well that's crappy news, I love Minneapolis and thought I stood a good chance of getting in.. but at least I didn't have to wait around for 3 hours to learn my fate. I appreciate it Gotti

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Autoaccept wrote:Yep, I got in via voicemail last week and just got a wait list e-mail.

hahahaha this is hilarious. get your shit together UMN!

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Waitlisted from the UR 1/7 group - 166/3.75 - blatant YP amirite?!? :wink:

Will probably take myself off the waitlist next week.
Last edited by LeDique on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?

Can't answer your second Q, but I read earlier that one letter is some nice congrats letter and one is just some generic info, so 3 total. I think the breakdown will come regardless to show you how much it's gonna cost...

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

PinkCow wrote:
kjadkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the mailings mean? I have three for today, two are blank and one is called "Financial Aid break down". Obviously one is the admit packet... any clue what the other blank one and the fin aid ones are? Does anyone who got $$ have that fin aid mailing listed?

Can't answer your second Q, but I read earlier that one letter is some nice congrats letter and one is just some generic info, so 3 total. I think the breakdown will come regardless to show you how much it's gonna cost...

Haha k. I figured it was just wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask.

Pink

Postby Pink » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm

I haven't looked at my checker recently, but I had 3 blank mailings the day I got accepted. I only received one package, but it included scholly info, an admit letter, and all the other random stuff. :)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:25 pm

SlimCharles wrote:
Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Got the "decision sent" status today after IR 1/7, but still no email. Should it really take more than just a few minutes for me to receive an email after that status is changed? Needless to say I will be a very unhappy dude if in a couple hours I get dinged or WL'ed via email.

Sorry for all you guys experiencing communication problems from UMN's office. I hope I won't be joining you!

Mmm sorry I hate to be the one that says this...but my status checker says Admitted - Congratulations!! 01/26/11 (even though it updated yesterday...)

and I got a call too

Well that's crappy news, I love Minneapolis and thought I stood a good chance of getting in.. but at least I didn't have to wait around for 3 hours to learn my fate. I appreciate it Gotti

What are your stats? THey've been YP-ing like a motherfucker too, btw

SlimCharles

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:
Gotti wrote:

and I got a call too

What are your stats? THey've been YP-ing like a motherfucker too, btw

Not YP unfortunately :| I'm 165/3.5, Mich undergrad. I kept reading that they're looking for 167+ but I was hopeful since it seems to me it would be difficult to fill a whole incoming class with 167-169ers.

Still no email by the way!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

SlimCharles wrote:Not YP unfortunately :| I'm 165/3.5, Mich undergrad. I kept reading that they're looking for 167+ but I was hopeful since it seems to me it would be difficult to fill a whole incoming class with 167-169ers.

I think they like high GPAs paired with avg LSATs before people get into YP territory...or so it seems

SnitchenRandy

Postby SnitchenRandy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Gotti wrote:
SlimCharles wrote:Not YP unfortunately :| I'm 165/3.5, Mich undergrad. I kept reading that they're looking for 167+ but I was hopeful since it seems to me it would be difficult to fill a whole incoming class with 167-169ers.

I think they like high GPAs paired with avg LSATs before people get into YP territory...or so it seems

The Game Stay the Game, Slim.

SlimCharles

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:58 pm

It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

@SnitchenRandy ain't that the truth

SnitchenRandy

Postby SnitchenRandy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

SlimCharles wrote:It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

Oh, Indeed.

fiery_searcher

Postby fiery_searcher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:

Do they send a waitlist e-mail? Just deciding if I should wait for that to withdraw my app.

fiery_searcher

Postby fiery_searcher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 pm

LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Waitlisted, so I think I'll go ahead and withdraw. Probably too darn cold for me there anyway. :wink:

Do they send a waitlist e-mail? Just deciding if I should wait for that to withdraw my app.

Didn't get an email, just saw it on the status checker.

EDIT: Spoke to soon, just got the email.

SlimCharles

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Oh and for those following #s I just received my ding email. But hey, it doubles as a fee waiver for a transfer application, so at least I have that going for me..

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:
LeDique wrote:

Didn't get an email, just saw it on the status checker.

EDIT: Spoke to soon, just got the email.

Same. Just came to post I got it.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:12 pm

SlimCharles wrote:It does seem that way. In any case congrats on your admission Gotti, if you haven't been up there before it's a great town!

There's probably no chance I'm going there...I just wanted the option if no one else accepted me. Hastings did, and I'm from CA so it's a better choice, despite the ranking discrepancy. When I withdraw, I'll write UMN a note telling them to give you my spot :lol:

Edit: Oh my bad, just saw you got dinged :(

SlimCharles

Postby SlimCharles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Gotti wrote:

There's probably no chance I'm going there...I just wanted the option if no one else accepted me. Hastings did, and I'm from CA so it's a better choice, despite the ranking discrepancy. When I withdraw, I'll write UMN a note telling them to give you my spot :lol:

Edit: Oh my bad, just saw you got dinged :(

Hah well I do appreciate the gesture! And I can understand not wanting to leave sunny California for the tundra. Shoot, I'm a Michigander in DC and the thought of spending 1 more summer here, much less 10, is enough to get my ass moving on relocating. Enjoy your time at Hastings or wherever else!

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

On another note, any other UR 1/21 people here? It was my first UR date. If I'm lucky like gotti and jadkins maybe I'll hear back early February, but those seem like anomalies.

I was UR 12/23 --> 1/21

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

JenDarby wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:Congratulations and condolences are in order. This process, at all schools, takes forever and really wears on you. Wow, some people heard back damn fast. I saw an UR 1/7 who heard back yesterday, and an UR 1/14 who heard back today. Gotti and jadkins, were those your first and only review dates?

I was UR 12/23 --> 1/21

Makes me wish I had applied a little earlier. Oh well

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

yeah I think it was my first UR date

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 pm

FWIW I applied 12/16, just went instantly UR basically.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”