Minnesota 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:28 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:It was an on-campus interview


Ah maybe that does change the rules...

At any rate, insulting interviewer's school can't be THAT bad, right? :D

I didn't explicitly insult. It is indeed a school!
But yeah probably doesn't help.

Don't worry, I thought I botched my NU interview as well and was still accepted. To the project management question, I basically tied it flimsily to a entrapenerual effort of mine, but then admitted that I really don't have any project management experience. 8)

That is weird that the interviewer did not attend NU law. How is she/he suppose to answer your questions about the NU student experience?

Congrats on UMN!

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:34 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:It was an on-campus interview


Ah maybe that does change the rules...

At any rate, insulting interviewer's school can't be THAT bad, right? :D

I didn't explicitly insult. It is indeed a school!
But yeah probably doesn't help.

Don't worry, I thought I botched my NU interview as well and was still accepted. To the project management question, I basically tied it flimsily to a entrapenerual effort of mine, but then admitted that I really don't have any project management experience. 8)

That is weird that the interviewer did not attend NU law. How is she/he suppose to answer your questions about the NU student experience?

Congrats on UMN!


Interviewer:Common misconception about you?
Me: That I'm an asshole.

That was not a good answer.

I haven't/wont get in, but hey, could've been worse right?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 am

UR 1/14

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 am

btw, saw this a few days ago and realized why I don't really have the desperate need to go to UMN:

--ImageRemoved--



fyi, it was -24 degrees that night, not -8. -24. that is 56 degrees below freezing. it is also 112 degrees colder than it was that night in Irvine, CA. one hundred and twelve degrees.

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby flgator10 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 am

Would definitely be a difficult move for me to make coming from Florida!

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 am

it was really fun yesterday when my car wouldn't start because it was 3 degrees and i didn't have enough gas in it...don't worry though it warmed up to 6 degrees by 4 pm when i was leaving work.

i'm moving to virginia.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:it was really fun yesterday when my car wouldn't start because it was 3 degrees and i didn't have enough gas in it...don't worry though it warmed up to 6 degrees by 4 pm when i was leaving work.

i'm moving to virginia.


you should move to California. it was like 72 yesterday and it's gonna be 81 tomorrow 8)

Jen Loblaw
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Jen Loblaw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 am

Gotti wrote:UR 1/14


Ugh why won't my UR date change? Still at 12/17 :| .....

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Jen Loblaw wrote:
Gotti wrote:UR 1/14


Ugh why won't my UR date change? Still at 12/17 :| .....


Nonono my date changed from complete - ready for review 12/21 to UR 1/14

Jen Loblaw
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Jen Loblaw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Gotti wrote:
Jen Loblaw wrote:
Gotti wrote:UR 1/14


Ugh why won't my UR date change? Still at 12/17 :| .....


Nonono my date changed from complete - ready for review 12/21 to UR 1/14


oh whew. i still want it to change :( :(

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Gotti wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:it was really fun yesterday when my car wouldn't start because it was 3 degrees and i didn't have enough gas in it...don't worry though it warmed up to 6 degrees by 4 pm when i was leaving work.

i'm moving to virginia.


you should move to California. it was like 72 yesterday and it's gonna be 81 tomorrow 8)



Ughhh, it's 19 degrees here! Prepare for NYC, gotti! Lol.

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby flgator10 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Gotti wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:it was really fun yesterday when my car wouldn't start because it was 3 degrees and i didn't have enough gas in it...don't worry though it warmed up to 6 degrees by 4 pm when i was leaving work.

i'm moving to virginia.


you should move to California. it was like 72 yesterday and it's gonna be 81 tomorrow 8)



Ughhh, it's 19 degrees here! Prepare for NYC, gotti! Lol.


Makes me feel bad for complaining when it went down into the upper 30's here in South Florida.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby beachbum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Here in the (lower) Midwest, it's 30 degrees and windy, which is the best weather we've had in a week. I don't know whether to be excited or horribly depressed.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Gotti wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:it was really fun yesterday when my car wouldn't start because it was 3 degrees and i didn't have enough gas in it...don't worry though it warmed up to 6 degrees by 4 pm when i was leaving work.

i'm moving to virginia.


you should move to California. it was like 72 yesterday and it's gonna be 81 tomorrow 8)



Ughhh, it's 19 degrees here! Prepare for NYC, gotti! Lol.



ughhh i know. my homegirl is literally spending like $450 to fly out here for MLK weekend because she wants to get away from the cold LOL.

But honestly, as long as it's not -24 :roll:

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 pm

beachbum wrote:Here in the (lower) Midwest, it's 30 degrees and windy, which is the best weather we've had in a week. I don't know whether to be excited or horribly depressed.

:(

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Gotti wrote:
beachbum wrote:Here in the (lower) Midwest, it's 30 degrees and windy, which is the best weather we've had in a week. I don't know whether to be excited or horribly depressed.

:(


I would LOVE to be (almost) above freezing at any point in January. I just wouldn't know what to do - probably have a luau and roast a pig

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Gotti wrote:
beachbum wrote:Here in the (lower) Midwest, it's 30 degrees and windy, which is the best weather we've had in a week. I don't know whether to be excited or horribly depressed.

:(


I would LOVE to be (almost) above freezing at any point in January. I just wouldn't know what to do - probably have a luau and roast a pig


HAHA 81 degrees tomorrow and I'm going to the pool & bbqing 8)

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Jen Loblaw wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Jen Loblaw wrote:
Gotti wrote:UR 1/14


Ugh why won't my UR date change? Still at 12/17 :| .....


Nonono my date changed from complete - ready for review 12/21 to UR 1/14


oh whew. i still want it to change :( :(


Mine finally changed. first UR 12/17 > second UR 1/14! Ready for the bad news... :|

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:56 pm

ht2988 wrote:
Mine finally changed. first UR 12/17 > second UR 1/14! Ready for the bad news... :|


I don't get it. More than one UR date is bad?

Still 12/17 btw.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JJDancer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Still UR 12/23 (first date).

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:17 pm

JJDancer wrote:Still UR 12/23 (first date).



I'm still UR 12/23 as well, but 12/23 was my THIRD update. I thought I'd for sure hear by now. Although I guess no rejection/waitlist is better than already having one of those two...

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
ht2988 wrote:
Mine finally changed. first UR 12/17 > second UR 1/14! Ready for the bad news... :|


I don't get it. More than one UR date is bad?

Still 12/17 btw.


No no, I'm just assuming that more than one UR date means I'm that much closer to a decision - a decision which I'm predicting will be bad, considering I'm below the LSAT median. And in retrospect, I think the content in my PS was too far out in the radical margins of what an admission counselor might be comfortable with. Oh well.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Pink » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm

ht2988 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
ht2988 wrote:
Mine finally changed. first UR 12/17 > second UR 1/14! Ready for the bad news... :|


I don't get it. More than one UR date is bad?

Still 12/17 btw.


No no, I'm just assuming that more than one UR date means I'm that much closer to a decision - a decision which I'm predicting will be bad, considering I'm below the LSAT median. And in retrospect, I think the content in my PS was too far out in the radical margins of what an admission counselor might be comfortable with. Oh well.


Don't be so sure, my PS was EXTREMELY controversial, and I got accepted. :)

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:58 pm

ht2988 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
ht2988 wrote:
Mine finally changed. first UR 12/17 > second UR 1/14! Ready for the bad news... :|


I don't get it. More than one UR date is bad?

Still 12/17 btw.


No no, I'm just assuming that more than one UR date means I'm that much closer to a decision - a decision which I'm predicting will be bad, considering I'm below the LSAT median. And in retrospect, I think the content in my PS was too far out in the radical margins of what an admission counselor might be comfortable with. Oh well.


I'm VERY curious. Please share?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm done waiting- how does one go about withdrawing?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, bcapace, ellielaw, Google [Bot], Veil of Ignorance and 22 guests