Minnesota 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Right there with you Emma ;) 12/17...

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:31 pm

12/16, which makes me a day better than all of you.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby dcwumpus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Right there with you Emma ;) 12/17...


+1

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am

dcwumpus wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Right there with you Emma ;) 12/17...


+1

I was 12/17 and updated to12/23. Really nervous.

SortOfObsessed
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby SortOfObsessed » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 am

I feel like U Minn just likes to look at our applications a lot. I applied 11/1/10 and I've been In Review with 3 different date changes, the most recent of which is 1/7/11.

They must really be on the fence about me.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:52 am

They could start climbing onto the fence for me any day now... as I still sit with a really old review day... :(

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby forward » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 am

I just withdrew. I was only going to use the admission/scholarship to leverage others, and I'm tired of waiting on UMN's slow ass (and have a full-ride offer from a UMN peer that will serve the same purpose).

Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 am

forward wrote:I just withdrew. I was only going to use the admission/scholarship to leverage others, and I'm tired of waiting on UMN's slow ass (and have a full-ride offer from a UMN peer that will serve the same purpose).

Good luck to everyone!



Thank you for hopefully giving your spot up to one of us... Enjoy U-C :-)

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JJDancer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 pm

chrisbru wrote:
forward wrote:I just withdrew. I was only going to use the admission/scholarship to leverage others, and I'm tired of waiting on UMN's slow ass (and have a full-ride offer from a UMN peer that will serve the same purpose).

Good luck to everyone!



Thank you for hopefully giving your spot up to one of us... Enjoy U-C's full ride offer for scholly negotiation :-)

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12695
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby LeDique » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

SortOfObsessed wrote:I feel like U Minn just likes to look at our applications a lot. I applied 11/1/10 and I've been In Review with 3 different date changes, the most recent of which is 1/7/11.

They must really be on the fence about me.


This is my first date change. I was on 12/3 or something forever.

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby flgator10 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Could someone please tell me what the difference is between the Advanced Standing Application and the First Year Application Non Binding?

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 am

LeDique wrote:
SortOfObsessed wrote:I feel like U Minn just likes to look at our applications a lot. I applied 11/1/10 and I've been In Review with 3 different date changes, the most recent of which is 1/7/11.

They must really be on the fence about me.


This is my first date change. I was on 12/3 or something forever.


That's encouraging, because I'm still at 12/17. D:

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Well... I already said this last week, but based on Minnesota trends there could be some calls today! Crossing my fingers!

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 pm

10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.



Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!


PS what happened with your NU interview??

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.



Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!


PS what happened with your NU interview??

I do HIV research and when asked about my project management experience, my answer had to with my research (so it was sorta involved). Despite how hard I tried to explain it to my interviewer, she kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about. Trying to steer the conversation in the right direction, I asked if she went to NU Law. She replied that she went to Creighton Law. I meant to say "Oh, that's a good school!" when all that came out was "Oh, that's a.... school." What can I say, I'm a bad liar.
:face palm:

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.



Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!


PS what happened with your NU interview??

I do HIV research and when asked about my project management experience, my answer had to with my research (so it was sorta involved). Despite how hard I tried to explain it to my interviewer, she kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about. Trying to steer the conversation in the right direction, I asked if she went to NU Law. She replied that she went to Creighton Law. I meant to say "Oh, that's a good school!" when all that came out was "Oh, that's a.... school." What can I say, I'm a bad liar.
:face palm:



OUCH, how'd you recover from that?? Better learn to be a good liar...you're going to law school :)

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:53 pm

^ that's rough. :(

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Yup but it's okay. I don't think I had much of a chance anyway!
But good luck to everybody still waiting!!!

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Tanicius » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.



Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!


PS what happened with your NU interview??

I do HIV research and when asked about my project management experience, my answer had to with my research (so it was sorta involved). Despite how hard I tried to explain it to my interviewer, she kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about. Trying to steer the conversation in the right direction, I asked if she went to NU Law. She replied that she went to Creighton Law. I meant to say "Oh, that's a good school!" when all that came out was "Oh, that's a.... school." What can I say, I'm a bad liar.
:face palm:


Why was that person even interviewing students for NW if they're not an alum? That makes zero sense.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Tanicius wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.



Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!


PS what happened with your NU interview??

I do HIV research and when asked about my project management experience, my answer had to with my research (so it was sorta involved). Despite how hard I tried to explain it to my interviewer, she kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about. Trying to steer the conversation in the right direction, I asked if she went to NU Law. She replied that she went to Creighton Law. I meant to say "Oh, that's a good school!" when all that came out was "Oh, that's a.... school." What can I say, I'm a bad liar.
:face palm:


Why was that person even interviewing students for NW if they're not an alum? That makes zero sense.



That's what I was thinking... My NU interviewer explicitly stated that all off-campus interviews must be done by alums.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

It was an on-campus interview

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:It was an on-campus interview


Ah maybe that does change the rules...

At any rate, insulting interviewer's school can't be THAT bad, right? :D

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:It was an on-campus interview


Ah maybe that does change the rules...

At any rate, insulting interviewer's school can't be THAT bad, right? :D

I didn't explicitly insult. It is indeed a school!
But yeah probably doesn't help.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:It was an on-campus interview


Ah maybe that does change the rules...

At any rate, insulting interviewer's school can't be THAT bad, right? :D

I didn't explicitly insult. It is indeed a school!
But yeah probably doesn't help.


LOL, that's an insult.

Where'd you go to school? University of Phoenix!
Oh! That's a... school...

The mere observation that it's a school (which is obvious...) implies that you were likely going to say something else, but censored yourself :P That said, perhaps interviewer is either used to the critique, or attributed it to interviewee jitters :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Beercules, carlos_danger, Cognitiveproblem, Ithinkican, j431e782, lillawyer2, Nobiggie, proteinshake, Snowjon, xnsch and 13 guests