Minnesota 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:48 pm

JJDancer wrote:They want to know about my traffic tickets?!?! I don't even know those dates etc. SIGH lol


Neither did I, I just put year and season (e.g. "I received a citation for speeding during the Fall of 2008"). If they ask, I'll get my driving record from DMV.

User avatar
lvsmithmarsh
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby lvsmithmarsh » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:03 pm

kjadkins wrote:
JJDancer wrote:They want to know about my traffic tickets?!?! I don't even know those dates etc. SIGH lol


Neither did I, I just put year and season (e.g. "I received a citation for speeding during the Fall of 2008"). If they ask, I'll get my driving record from DMV.


Try a case record search in your court system. I knew essentially which counties in which I received mine and was able to access the records, dates, disposition info pretty easily.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby JJDancer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:23 pm

lvsmithmarsh wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
JJDancer wrote:They want to know about my traffic tickets?!?! I don't even know those dates etc. SIGH lol


Neither did I, I just put year and season (e.g. "I received a citation for speeding during the Fall of 2008"). If they ask, I'll get my driving record from DMV.


Try a case record search in your court system. I knew essentially which counties in which I received mine and was able to access the records, dates, disposition info pretty easily.

My dmv charges 30 dollars to get your records instantly. But I remembered a search on the Clerk of Courts website that gives basic info for free. So I was able to retrieve it that way. Thanks all.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby masterthearts » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:So it's a BAD thing if you have only one UR date?


How many law schools are you planning to attend at the same time? I am seeing your posts on every thread..lol

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:16 pm

masterthearts wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:So it's a BAD thing if you have only one UR date?


How many law schools are you planning to attend at the same time? I am seeing your posts on every thread..lol


We probably have a lot of schools in common... except Georgetown. :lol:

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby masterthearts » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:18 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
masson wrote:
masson wrote:dinged via email...:( my first ding in the cycle. 172 superior GPA....dont understand why.

still cant get over this... I wanted Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!

I'd guess YP?


I have read (forget where) that Minnesota rejects a lot of people because they don't really think they will attend if accepted. The article said that the school knows lots of people simply apply because they are a top school and will only attend if not accepted anywhere better.
So, maybe those who are from Minnesota or the midwest are more believable when they say they want MN.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby masterthearts » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:So it's a BAD thing if you have only one UR date?


How many law schools are you planning to attend at the same time? I am seeing your posts on every thread..lol


We probably have a lot of schools in common... except Georgetown. :lol:


You didn't apply to Georgetown? Or did you apply and are waiting for a response? If you're waiting, then good luck!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:39 pm

masterthearts wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:So it's a BAD thing if you have only one UR date?


How many law schools are you planning to attend at the same time? I am seeing your posts on every thread..lol


We probably have a lot of schools in common... except Georgetown. :lol:


You didn't apply to Georgetown? Or did you apply and are waiting for a response? If you're waiting, then good luck!


I didn't apply.

robb0106
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:53 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby robb0106 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:41 am

does anyone know if minnesota gives extra love to residents/graduates? i just got rejected from illinois today and am expecting to hear back from the u next, so i was wondering if anyone had any insight.

also, if anyone has any questions about mpls in general, i have lived in south minneapolis most of my life and would be happy to answer any questions.

illwill
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby illwill » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:44 am

masterthearts wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
masson wrote:
masson wrote:dinged via email...:( my first ding in the cycle. 172 superior GPA....dont understand why.

still cant get over this... I wanted Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!

I'd guess YP?


I have read (forget where) that Minnesota rejects a lot of people because they don't really think they will attend if accepted. The article said that the school knows lots of people simply apply because they are a top school and will only attend if not accepted anywhere better.
So, maybe those who are from Minnesota or the midwest are more believable when they say they want MN.


This would be unfortunate if they do look at it this way, since my decision will be a combination of best school and best financial decision. They have no way of knowing what will drive my decision. This is no different than accepting based purely on an index number unless you wrote specifically about MN in your personal statement. I hope this isn't the case.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm

robb0106 wrote:does anyone know if minnesota gives extra love to residents/graduates? i just got rejected from illinois today and am expecting to hear back from the u next, so i was wondering if anyone had any insight.

also, if anyone has any questions about mpls in general, i have lived in south minneapolis most of my life and would be happy to answer any questions.


Hello, fellow south minneapoliser

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:08 pm

This wait is brutal... I was complete on 11/11, I figured I'd definitely have heard by now...

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Received 12/01 --> Complete - Ready for review 12/03 --> In Review 12/21

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kjadkins » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Gotti wrote:Received 12/01 --> Complete - Ready for review 12/03 --> In Review 12/21


+1 (except received 11/30, but the rest of the dates are the same)

Rgaliana
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Rgaliana » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 am

Complete today, 12/21. Fastest turnaround of any school (but maybe because the bulk of applications are already in)

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 pm

kjadkins wrote:
Gotti wrote:Received 12/01 --> Complete - Ready for review 12/03 --> In Review 12/21


+1 (except received 11/30, but the rest of the dates are the same)

+2

User avatar
OrdinarilySkilled
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 pm

I was In review 11/3- still haven't heard.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby forward » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 pm

I would imagine they are doing another wave of calls today or tomorrow... they've let some in, but not a ton.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:35 pm

forward21 wrote:I would imagine they are doing another wave of calls today or tomorrow... they've let some in, but not a ton.



This would make my Christmas break! I'm realllllllllly hoping. Did anyone that had their status change from "In Review - 11/xx" to "In Review - 12/10" get a call yet? Or does it sound like we're the next batch?

User avatar
kad1026
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby kad1026 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 pm

chrisbru wrote:
forward21 wrote:I would imagine they are doing another wave of calls today or tomorrow... they've let some in, but not a ton.



This would make my Christmas break! I'm realllllllllly hoping. Did anyone that had their status change from "In Review - 11/xx" to "In Review - 12/10" get a call yet? Or does it sound like we're the next batch?



Mine changed from sometime in mid-November to 12/10 and I haven't heard anything yet....Hopefully we will before break!

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby xqhp82 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Mine changed from 'In Review' on 11/11 to 'In Review' on 17/12 and still haven't heard. Why do they do this to me!!!

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:55 pm

xqhp82 wrote:Mine changed from 'In Review' on 11/11 to 'In Review' on 17/12 and still haven't heard. Why do they do this to me!!!



From what I can tell, the people who changed from IR in Nov to IR 12/3 heard back last week. Those of us that changed to IR 12/10 are hoping to hear back this week. If those hold true, you (changed to 12/17) should hear back Jan 5/7 timeframe.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Has anybody heard anything yet today? I'm guessing that no one will if there haven't been calls made yet. I don't have high hopes for tomorrow either :-(

User avatar
Prairie
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby Prairie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 pm

to those who've gotten in: have any of you received letters from the school? did it contain scholarship information?

ndbrenner
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: Minnesota 2011

Postby ndbrenner » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Prairie wrote:to those who've gotten in: have any of you received letters from the school? did it contain scholarship information?


I have not received an e-mail or snail mail about my acceptance. Just a phone call and a status checker update.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Google Adsense [Bot], tinafeyclone and 4 guests