Minnesota 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Re: Minnesota 2011

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Right there with you Emma ;) 12/17...

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:31 pm

12/16, which makes me a day better than all of you.

dcwumpus

Bronze

Post by dcwumpus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Right there with you Emma ;) 12/17...
+1

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am

dcwumpus wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Right there with you Emma ;) 12/17...
+1
I was 12/17 and updated to12/23. Really nervous.

SortOfObsessed

New

Post by SortOfObsessed » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 am

I feel like U Minn just likes to look at our applications a lot. I applied 11/1/10 and I've been In Review with 3 different date changes, the most recent of which is 1/7/11.

They must really be on the fence about me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:52 am

They could start climbing onto the fence for me any day now... as I still sit with a really old review day... :(

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 am

I just withdrew. I was only going to use the admission/scholarship to leverage others, and I'm tired of waiting on UMN's slow ass (and have a full-ride offer from a UMN peer that will serve the same purpose).

Good luck to everyone!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 am

forward wrote:I just withdrew. I was only going to use the admission/scholarship to leverage others, and I'm tired of waiting on UMN's slow ass (and have a full-ride offer from a UMN peer that will serve the same purpose).

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for hopefully giving your spot up to one of us... Enjoy U-C :-)

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 pm

chrisbru wrote:
forward wrote:I just withdrew. I was only going to use the admission/scholarship to leverage others, and I'm tired of waiting on UMN's slow ass (and have a full-ride offer from a UMN peer that will serve the same purpose).

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for hopefully giving your spot up to one of us... Enjoy U-C's full ride offer for scholly negotiation :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

SortOfObsessed wrote:I feel like U Minn just likes to look at our applications a lot. I applied 11/1/10 and I've been In Review with 3 different date changes, the most recent of which is 1/7/11.

This is my first date change. I was on 12/3 or something forever.

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Could someone please tell me what the difference is between the Advanced Standing Application and the First Year Application Non Binding?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 am

LeDique wrote:
SortOfObsessed wrote:I feel like U Minn just likes to look at our applications a lot. I applied 11/1/10 and I've been In Review with 3 different date changes, the most recent of which is 1/7/11.

This is my first date change. I was on 12/3 or something forever.
That's encouraging, because I'm still at 12/17. D:

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Well... I already said this last week, but based on Minnesota trends there could be some calls today! Crossing my fingers!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 pm

10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.
Perhaps I scared them so much they've stopped all acceptances.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.

Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!

PS what happened with your NU interview??

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:10 minutes before I got accepted at Minnesota, I had possibly the WORST interview ever at Northwestern. When I received the admitted phone call, I started crying (I guess just from going from :cry: to :D ). The guy was SO (understandably) awkward and got off the phone immediately.

Sorry about Northwestern interview but LOL @ the crying with the acceptance! Congrats!

I do HIV research and when asked about my project management experience, my answer had to with my research (so it was sorta involved). Despite how hard I tried to explain it to my interviewer, she kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about. Trying to steer the conversation in the right direction, I asked if she went to NU Law. She replied that she went to Creighton Law. I meant to say "Oh, that's a good school!" when all that came out was "Oh, that's a.... school." What can I say, I'm a bad liar.
:face palm:

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I do HIV research and when asked about my project management experience, my answer had to with my research (so it was sorta involved). Despite how hard I tried to explain it to my interviewer, she kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about. Trying to steer the conversation in the right direction, I asked if she went to NU Law. She replied that she went to Creighton Law. I meant to say "Oh, that's a good school!" when all that came out was "Oh, that's a.... school." What can I say, I'm a bad liar.

OUCH, how'd you recover from that?? Better learn to be a good liar...you're going to law school :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:53 pm

^ that's rough. :(

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Yup but it's okay. I don't think I had much of a chance anyway!
But good luck to everybody still waiting!!!

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Why was that person even interviewing students for NW if they're not an alum? That makes zero sense.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Tanicius wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Why was that person even interviewing students for NW if they're not an alum? That makes zero sense.

That's what I was thinking... My NU interviewer explicitly stated that all off-campus interviews must be done by alums.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

It was an on-campus interview

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:It was an on-campus interview
Ah maybe that does change the rules...

At any rate, insulting interviewer's school can't be THAT bad, right? :D

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

I didn't explicitly insult. It is indeed a school!
But yeah probably doesn't help.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

I didn't explicitly insult. It is indeed a school!
But yeah probably doesn't help.
LOL, that's an insult.

Where'd you go to school? University of Phoenix!
Oh! That's a... school...

The mere observation that it's a school (which is obvious...) implies that you were likely going to say something else, but censored yourself :P That said, perhaps interviewer is either used to the critique, or attributed it to interviewee jitters :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”