Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby krad » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Crraaaap, shoulda waited 15 minutes to send that...

ETA: They really ought to link that on the fin aid page about the scholarship.


Yeah, I would not worry about having emailed them. That should definitely be there...

(I'm not even applying for that scholly- bored at work- good luck with it though!)

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby SHANbangs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Errr, mine says 11/6 application received. Should I be worried/doing something? I have had everything in since November 29th.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:38 pm

SHANbangs wrote:Errr, mine says 11/6 application received. Should I be worried/doing something? I have had everything in since November 29th.


Yeah that's a very long time to wait to go complete. They're back sometime in the first week of Jan so I would recommend that you call.

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby eaglemuncher » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Just got excited, I got an email for the public service scholarship application...false alarm

CrimLaw300
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby CrimLaw300 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:Just got excited, I got an email for the public service scholarship application...false alarm


+1

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:Just got excited, I got an email for the public service scholarship application...false alarm


Same here. The weird thing is that I received the same email back on 12/17.

Hmmm . . .

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby IsleMet » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 pm

I really wish they would stop reminding people about it! I think I have a decent shot :)

ktaraq
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby ktaraq » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:16 pm

do they invite everyone to apply for the public service scholly?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13303
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:33 pm

IsleMet wrote:I really wish they would stop reminding people about it! I think I have a decent shot :)


I think even with the reminders, the amount of people who apply is likely low. Although many people say they want to practice in the public sector, it's a whole different thing to sign a contract binding you to pay back your law school tuition in full if you don't end up doing it for a certain number of years.

And yes, everyone gets the invite.

sandwichday
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby sandwichday » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah I think so.....darn.

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby LSATNightmares » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm

JenDarby wrote:
IsleMet wrote:I really wish they would stop reminding people about it! I think I have a decent shot :)


I think even with the reminders, the amount of people who apply is likely low. Although many people say they want to practice in the public sector, it's a whole different thing to sign a contract binding you to pay back your law school tuition in full if you don't end up doing it for a certain number of years.

And yes, everyone gets the invite.


I wouldn't count on the scholarship not being very competitive. I just talked to a 1L who applied for it and didn't get it despite significant nonprofit experience and interest. I've also seen a good number of people on these boards expressing interest. I think BC attracts public interest types, and many of those students would jump at the chance of a full-ride scholarship, even with a commitment to practice public interest law for five years afterwards.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13303
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm

I didn't mean to imply it wouldn't be competitive, just that people who aren't truly interested aren't going to be swayed by multiple emails.

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby LSATNightmares » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm

JenDarby wrote:I didn't mean to imply it wouldn't be competitive, just that people who aren't truly interested aren't going to be swayed by multiple emails.


Ah, ok, fair enough.

User avatar
NYCbound35
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby NYCbound35 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 am

DR as of today...3.0/169 so I'm a little pessimistic...any idea if this decision date is good or bad news?

sandwichday
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby sandwichday » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:08 am

If you don't mind my asking, when did you go complete? Good luck!!

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 am

NYCbound35 wrote:DR as of today...3.0/169 so I'm a little pessimistic...any idea if this decision date is good or bad news?


Do you have something under mailings? Generally, something under mailings means its good, if not it is a hold/WL/ding.

User avatar
NYCbound35
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby NYCbound35 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 am

sandwichday wrote:If you don't mind my asking, when did you go complete? Good luck!!


Complete 11/30

queenlizzie13 wrote:
NYCbound35 wrote:DR as of today...3.0/169 so I'm a little pessimistic...any idea if this decision date is good or bad news?


Do you have something under mailings? Generally, something under mailings means its good, if not it is a hold/WL/ding.


Thanks for the info...nothing under mailings, so..... :(

athenian
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby athenian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 am

NYCbound35 wrote:DR as of today...3.0/169 so I'm a little pessimistic...any idea if this decision date is good or bad news?


When did you go "in review"? I've got pretty similar numbers and have been in review since the start of December.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby IsleMet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 am

I'm Under Review as of 11/30. Fingers crossed for good news today or sometime this week!

Has anyone Under Review as of 11/30 received a decision yet?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby krad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:36 am

IsleMet wrote:I'm Under Review as of 11/30. Fingers crossed for good news today or sometime this week!

Has anyone Under Review as of 11/30 received a decision yet?


UR here later though, as of 12/13... blah.

athenian
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby athenian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:37 am

IsleMet wrote:I'm Under Review as of 11/30. Fingers crossed for good news today or sometime this week!

Has anyone Under Review as of 11/30 received a decision yet?


I second that opinion.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby IsleMet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 am

It would seem that BC goes in order of when people submitted and went under review. I haven't noticed too many weird discrepancies in the timing of decisions. I think they should be getting to the 11/30 batch soon!

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby zeke18 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:41 am

IsleMet wrote:It would seem that BC goes in order of when people submitted and went under review. I haven't noticed too many weird discrepancies in the timing of decisions. I think they should be getting to the 11/30 batch soon!


I don't think that's the case. I've been UR since 11/18.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby IsleMet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am

zeke18 wrote:
IsleMet wrote:It would seem that BC goes in order of when people submitted and went under review. I haven't noticed too many weird discrepancies in the timing of decisions. I think they should be getting to the 11/30 batch soon!


I don't think that's the case. I've been UR since 11/18.


Hmm, well there goes that theory. Maybe they haven't done the 11/18s yet?

lmtt
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby lmtt » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am

yeah you may be in for a wait. im UR 11/15...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests