Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haro

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby haro » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 pm

submitted 11/11
UR 11/17
DR 12/22

kad1026

Postby kad1026 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 pm

thanks JKill!! I hope you will hear some good news too :lol:

maritimus

Postby maritimus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 pm

In via email this morning. Sent early November, under review 11/16, decision rendered today 12/22. 167 / 3.7ish. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 pm

If you get a decision rendered and there is nothing under mailings and you get the status message that a decision will be mailed, this means a rejection is coming right?

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:21 pm

I still have not gone DR despite have a 11/16 UR date. I'm guessing I'm not hearing until after the new year now.

LawSchoolApp11

Postby LawSchoolApp11 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:40 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:I still have not gone DR despite have a 11/16 UR date. I'm guessing I'm not hearing until after the new year now.

Is Admissions closed the week between Christmas and New Year's?

lmtt

Postby lmtt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:I still have not gone DR despite have a 11/16 UR date. I'm guessing I'm not hearing until after the new year now.

I think im in the same boat. UR since 11/15 with 168/3.5. I really want to go there so I am still hoping for the best...

sandwichday

Postby sandwichday » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Let's not panic here, people. Not hearing back on a particular day in a particular batch doesn't really mean anything. BC is obviously doing both acceptances and rejections, so there's reason to believe that if they really didn't want you, they'd just send you the rejection rather than keeping you waiting. It's not like there's a rule that if they notify one person who submitted on a particular date, they have to notify everyone who submitted on or before that date.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:00 pm

sandwichday wrote:Let's not panic here, people. Not hearing back on a particular day in a particular batch doesn't really mean anything. BC is obviously doing both acceptances and rejections, so there's reason to believe that if they really didn't want you, they'd just send you the rejection rather than keeping you waiting. It's not like there's a rule that if they notify one person who submitted on a particular date, they have to notify everyone who submitted on or before that date.

Who said anyone was panicking? I am just curious as to why it is taking so long seeing as a lot of people with my UR date have heard one way or the other.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:04 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
sandwichday wrote:Let's not panic here, people. Not hearing back on a particular day in a particular batch doesn't really mean anything. BC is obviously doing both acceptances and rejections, so there's reason to believe that if they really didn't want you, they'd just send you the rejection rather than keeping you waiting. It's not like there's a rule that if they notify one person who submitted on a particular date, they have to notify everyone who submitted on or before that date.

Who said anyone was panicking? I am just curious as to why it is taking so long seeing as a lot of people with my UR date have heard one way or the other.

Don't worry guys. I was DR as of today, and I went complete 11/22. This shouldn't make you feel bad as I am pretty much an auto-reject that was hoping for a miracle. I always liked BC despite being dinged there for undergrad. I'm pretty sure if it was an acceptance I would have received an email.

sandwichday

Postby sandwichday » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Good luck! I'm sure your chances are better than you think!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Was 12/20 DR and just got a hold letter today. They will mail final decisions to hold candidates by 2/28/11. So this makes my status checker useless till then!!

Should I send a LOCI?

Birdlaw

Postby Birdlaw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Was 12/20 DR and just got a hold letter today. They will mail final decisions to hold candidates by 2/28/11. So this makes my status checker useless till then!!

Should I send a LOCI?

From what I've read LOCI's can help you out a lot. What were your stats? I have a feeling that I will get put on hold as well since I haven't been auto-dinged yet and I've been UR for a month.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Was 12/20 DR and just got a hold letter today. They will mail final decisions to hold candidates by 2/28/11. So this makes my status checker useless till then!!

Should I send a LOCI?

Yes, but I would wait off on sending it till around mid-February. Sorry to hear on the hold though.

toptwin

Postby toptwin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 pm

I have been in review since 11/16 - should I be worried, seeing that decisions are coming out for a lot of you that went complete/in review after me?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Birdlaw wrote:

Should I send a LOCI?

From what I've read LOCI's can help you out a lot. What were your stats? I have a feeling that I will get put on hold as well since I haven't been auto-dinged yet and I've been UR for a month.

I'll send mid January. They say decision by Feb 28 but that doesn't mean I won't get one earlier.

I am 164/3.8 and a reapplicant. They WL'ed me last year.

Better a hold than a WL or ding, though. And they've been dinging people with higher stats than me.

Birdlaw

Postby Birdlaw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Birdlaw wrote:

Should I send a LOCI?

I'll send mid January. They say decision by Feb 28 but that doesn't mean I won't get one earlier.

Well shit, I'm 163/3.8 so I'm guessing we are in the same boat. Is BC your top choice?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 pm

RPK34 wrote:

Should I send a LOCI?

Yes, but I would wait off on sending it till around mid-February. Sorry to hear on the hold though.

I think if you're truly interested in BC, you should definitely send a LOCI. I don't think you should hold off for too long though. Being that decisions will be made by 2/28, it would be unfortunate to hold off and receive a rejection late January, without ever submitting it.

* edit: Gemini beat me to it, so I agree, send sooner rather than later!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Birdlaw wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Birdlaw wrote:

Should I send a LOCI?

Well shit, I'm 163/3.8 so I'm guessing we are in the same boat. Is BC your top choice?

Yes it's one of my top choices. And I can't say you're worse off or better than me because BC is VERY holistic.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm

BTW, where are you from? I'm from the Boston area and didn't even get any mail today.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 pm

RPK34 wrote:BTW, where are you from? I'm from the Boston area and didn't even get any mail today.

NYC. 8)

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
RPK34 wrote:BTW, where are you from? I'm from the Boston area and didn't even get any mail today.

NYC. 8)

Damn, these Massachusetts postal workers need to pick up their game.

lhlee

Postby lhlee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I also received the "on hold" letter today. I was expecting an outright rejection, so I guess this is a good thing. Kind of. I seriously hope that I was not put on hold because my app was reviewed by a Celtics fan (I briefly mentioned the Lakers in my ps).

Anyways, best wishes to those on hold and congrats to those who got in!

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:35 pm

lhlee wrote:I also received the "on hold" letter today. I was expecting an outright rejection, so I guess this is a good thing. Kind of. I seriously hope that I was not put on hold because my app was reviewed by a Celtics fan (I briefly mentioned the Lakers in my ps).

You do realize BC is in Boston, right? :wink:

Ludacrispat26

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:36 pm

JenDarby wrote:
lhlee wrote:I also received the "on hold" letter today. I was expecting an outright rejection, so I guess this is a good thing. Kind of. I seriously hope that I was not put on hold because my app was reviewed by a Celtics fan (I briefly mentioned the Lakers in my ps).

You do realize BC is in Boston, right? :wink:

As someone who goes to school right outside Boston, let me say BC is totally, totally not in Boston.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”