Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby TheOcho » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:33 pm

brosef stalin wrote:Dinged. Got into Michigan today, though.

Numbers above both 75ths, nothing egregious with my app, two years of work experience, a year of AmeriCorps, triple major...


I'd sacrifice BC for Michigan every time. Congrats.

User avatar
brosef stalin
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby brosef stalin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:35 pm

TheOcho wrote:
brosef stalin wrote:Dinged. Got into Michigan today, though.

Numbers above both 75ths, nothing egregious with my app, two years of work experience, a year of AmeriCorps, triple major...


I'd sacrifice BC for Michigan every time. Congrats.


Thanks :D

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby JakeL » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:36 pm

brosef stalin wrote:Dinged. Got into Michigan today, though.

Numbers above both 75ths.


Wow, although if I could get into Michigan instead I would be captain of Team DGAF.

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey everyone, just curious:

If you could go to BU or BC and all other things were equal, which would you choose?

If I don't get into USC, one of these two will most likely be my choice. I know that BU is ranked higher on USNews' Law School rankings...but BC is ranked much higher on USNews' overall rankings. I want to practice law in the LA area, and it seems like Boston College may have a stronger national reputation, so I'm actually leaning towards BC.

I just wanted to get fellow TLS bloggers' thoughts.

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 pm

As someone who has made that decision I'll be quite candid and tell you both schools are pretty similar. I'd really go visit each school and see which one you think you would fit you better.

Both schools are regional, though.

I wouldn't worry about the different between 6 rank spots.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby JakeL » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:17 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Hey everyone, just curious:

If you could go to BU or BC and all other things were equal, which would you choose?

If I don't get into USC, one of these two will most likely be my choice. I know that BU is ranked higher on USNews' Law School rankings...but BC is ranked much higher on USNews' overall rankings. I want to practice law in the LA area, and it seems like Boston College may have a stronger national reputation, so I'm actually leaning towards BC.

I just wanted to get fellow TLS bloggers' thoughts.


Try the search function. This is not the place for BC vs BU discussion.

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:22 pm

JakeL wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:Hey everyone, just curious:

If you could go to BU or BC and all other things were equal, which would you choose?

If I don't get into USC, one of these two will most likely be my choice. I know that BU is ranked higher on USNews' Law School rankings...but BC is ranked much higher on USNews' overall rankings. I want to practice law in the LA area, and it seems like Boston College may have a stronger national reputation, so I'm actually leaning towards BC.

I just wanted to get fellow TLS bloggers' thoughts.


Try the search function. This is not the place for BC vs BU discussion.


But it is the place for BC vs. Michigan discussion?

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby TheOcho » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Rejected via postmail. As noted, above both 75ths. Screw 'em 8)

Edit: I hope to follow the footsteps of Brosef Stalin...come on Michigan.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby JakeL » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:46 pm

jamiLAW wrote:
JakeL wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:Hey everyone, just curious:

If you could go to BU or BC and all other things were equal, which would you choose?

If I don't get into USC, one of these two will most likely be my choice. I know that BU is ranked higher on USNews' Law School rankings...but BC is ranked much higher on USNews' overall rankings. I want to practice law in the LA area, and it seems like Boston College may have a stronger national reputation, so I'm actually leaning towards BC.

I just wanted to get fellow TLS bloggers' thoughts.


Try the search function. This is not the place for BC vs BU discussion.


But it is the place for BC vs. Michigan discussion?


If you can't figure out the difference between that "discussion" and your question, I can't help you.

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby luckyme » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 pm

TheOcho wrote:Rejected via postmail. As noted, above both 75ths. Screw 'em 8)

Edit: I hope to follow the footsteps of Brosef Stalin...come on Michigan.


What was your DR date?

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby TheOcho » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:59 pm

luckyme wrote:
TheOcho wrote:Rejected via postmail. As noted, above both 75ths. Screw 'em 8)

Edit: I hope to follow the footsteps of Brosef Stalin...come on Michigan.


What was your DR date?


12/10

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby NZA » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:19 am

Still languishing UR as of 11/30.

I hope to hear back next week, at least. Holidays approaching, and I have GOT to get into a law school before Christmas. Otherwise my relatives will be insufferable.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 am

I'm STILL UR (11/16). Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Please accept me, BC!

User avatar
uk4220
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby uk4220 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:I'm STILL UR (11/16). Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Please accept me, BC!


+1

User avatar
nyankees51
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby nyankees51 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm

NZA wrote:Still languishing UR as of 11/30.

I hope to hear back next week, at least. Holidays approaching, and I have GOT to get into a law school before Christmas. Otherwise my relatives will be insufferable.


+1 UR 11/30

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby krad » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:56 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby zeke18 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:57 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


+1

seeing bclaw in the header got me excited for a second

User avatar
uk4220
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby uk4220 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:57 pm

krad wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???



Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it goes out to all applicants, not just those who have been accepted.

Hope I'm wrong though.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:58 pm

krad wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???


I hope this is a good thing? Maybe?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby krad » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:59 pm

uk4220 wrote:
krad wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???



Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it goes out to all applicants, not just those who have been accepted.

Hope I'm wrong though.


This was my guess. But I still got excited for .0394923402839 seconds!

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:59 pm

krad wrote:
uk4220 wrote:
krad wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???



Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it goes out to all applicants, not just those who have been accepted.

Hope I'm wrong though.


This was my guess. But I still got excited for .0394923402839 seconds!


Did anyone that was WL already or put on hold get this email as well?

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:00 pm

krad wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???


+1 Under Review since 12/3

Good luck everybody!

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Sadly I'm thinking it was sent out to all applicants.

LawSchoolApp11
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby LawSchoolApp11 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:03 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
krad wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Just got an email from BC inviting me to apply to their Public Services Scholarship. Anyone else get this email?


Ditto. Guh!!!???


I hope this is a good thing? Maybe?


It says on the website for the application that students can apply before they are accepted, and that the Scholarship review committee does not see the admissions files of students. (Sorry, probably not what people wanted to hear).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Baby Gaga, Long shot hero, mccracal, MSNbot Media, okf731, Pomegranate27 and 14 guests