Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm

I have nothing under mailings... Are we looking for connections where there are none?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I have nothing under mailings... Are we looking for connections where there are none?

Did you get a decision rendered today?

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I have nothing under mailings... Are we looking for connections where there are none?

Sure did. 12/10. =-/

My numbers seem decent enough even if my LSAT is a bit low, and I'd think my softs would counteract that a bit at least. I dunno. =-/

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sure did. 12/10. =-/

My numbers seem decent enough even if my LSAT is a bit low, and I'd think my softs would counteract that a bit at least. I dunno. =-/

Hmmm then it looks like you're in and I'm out or on hold since the bad news comes in the mail.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sure did. 12/10. =-/

Hmmm then it looks like you're in and I'm out or on hold since the bad news comes in the mail.

Whaaaaat, your numbers stomp mine, there's no way that is right. I think you're in and I'm out, and they're sending you a big ass envelope full of BC goodness. Unless they YP you???

Just checked again... DEFINITELY nothing under Mailings and mine switched to Decision Rendered some time before I even checked this morning at about 9:30 am pacific.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Did you get a decision rendered today?[/quote]

Sure did. 12/10. =-/

My numbers seem decent enough even if my LSAT is a bit low, and I'd think my softs would counteract that a bit at least. I dunno. =-/[/quote]

Hmmm then it looks like you're in and I'm out or on hold since the bad news comes in the mail.[/quote]

Whaaaaat, your numbers stomp mine, there's no way that is right. I think you're in and I'm out, and they're sending you a big ass envelope full of BC goodness. Unless they YP you???

Just checked again... DEFINITELY nothing under Mailings and mine switched to Decision Rendered some time before I even checked this morning at about 9:30 am pacific.[/quote]

Haha I don't think you know my numbers. But anyway I just double checked mine too and there's definitely Decision Letter Mailed under my mailings. From the other admits they never got anything, so a mailing meant ding/hold. Either way these must be mixed decisions since we don't both have the same thing. :?

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Oh, well looking at your acceptances (GULC and Cornell) I suppose I assume yours were far superior to mine. Additionally, I remember someone with a monkey 'tar talking about their ~ 170 LSAT. Sorry for the incorrect conclusion although I have no doubt your LSAT is better than my below-median one.

Is it entirely possible that they just... didn't input anything into my "mailings" thing? Why would they say, "A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. A decision letter will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service within 3-5 days from the Decision Status Date and will be sent to your current address" if they're sending no such letter?

This makes my head hurt.

Edit: You were also accepted to W&L and I was WL'd. I dunno it seems that empirically you're the better candidate and therefore it'd make sense that I would be dinged/WL'd and you'll be admitted. I guess we'll see =/

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Oh, well looking at your acceptances (GULC and Cornell) I suppose I assume yours were far superior to mine. Additionally, I remember someone with a monkey 'tar talking about their ~ 170 LSAT. Sorry for the incorrect conclusion although I have no doubt your LSAT is better than my below-median one.

Is it entirely possible that they just... didn't input anything into my "mailings" thing? Why would they say, "A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. A decision letter will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service within 3-5 days from the Decision Status Date and will be sent to your current address" if they're sending no such letter?

This makes my head hurt.

Edit: You were also accepted to W&L and I was WL'd. I dunno it seems that empirically you're the better candidate and therefore it'd make sense that I would be dinged/WL'd and you'll be admitted. I guess we'll see =/

Agree with you there! Also I'm URM so my cycle is unpredictable. I only applied to those other schools as reaches and it just so happened to work out. Maybe my luck will end with the schools I thought I was actually getting into. Also apparently W&L is super freaky this year, so I don't think that anyone can base their cycle on them.

Anyway I guess only time will tell with BC.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:55 pm

I'd love to be able to claim a BC acceptance, since I've so far been shut out everywhere in the tier 1.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 am

Viewbook, a "One Community" pamphlet, a letter, an info sheet on deposits, visits (ASW is March 18), and houseing, Admissions Response form & envelope, FinAid info.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'd love to be able to claim a BC acceptance, since I've so far been shut out everywhere in the tier 1.

How many have you heard from already though? It's still super early in the cycle, so you still have plenty of time for those admits to start rolling in. :D

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 am

law_monkey wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'd love to be able to claim a BC acceptance, since I've so far been shut out everywhere in the tier 1.

How many have you heard from already though? It's still super early in the cycle, so you still have plenty of time for those admits to start rolling in. :D

Fair point, just W&L. But I mean, if a #34 is shutting its door on me, the rest of the higher ranked schools will likely follow suit. Simple logic =/ If a #98 accepts you and a #34 WLs/Rejects you, that's a pretty good pattern forming.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:31 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Fair point, just W&L. But I mean, if a #34 is shutting its door on me, the rest of the higher ranked schools will likely follow suit. Simple logic =/ If a #98 accepts you and a #34 WLs/Rejects you, that's a pretty good pattern forming.

Except that it was W&L who like I said has been really weird this year. Some of the rejections there have been really surprising. Go check out the "I made it into my reach" thread. It will cheer you up and give you confidence!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 am

law_monkey wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Except that it was W&L who like I said has been really weird this year. Some of the rejections there have been really surprising. Go check out the "I made it into my reach" thread. It will cheer you up and give you confidence!

I dunno Monkey, hearing about these folks with 159 LSAT scores and worse GPAs than mine who are basically straight out of undergraduate with no life experience getting into T10-20 schools just makes me depressed instead of building confidence most of the time. I appreciate your perspective on W&L, though. I can't see what a law school has to gain by WL'ing/rejecting the people they have (and I don't just mean me, because now that you mention it, there have been some weird rejections I've seen)

Man this waiting game is awful. This is why I ED'd to UCLA, and even they still haven't given me a decision one way or the other!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 am

I dunno Monkey, hearing about these folks with 159 LSAT scores and worse GPAs than mine who are basically straight out of undergraduate with no life experience getting into T10-20 schools just makes me depressed instead of building confidence most of the time. I appreciate your perspective on W&L, though. I can't see what a law school has to gain by WL'ing/rejecting the people they have (and I don't just mean me, because now that you mention it, there have been some weird rejections I've seen)

Man this waiting game is awful. This is why I ED'd to UCLA, and even they still haven't given me a decision one way or the other!

Well good luck with everything! I really think you'll get good news from somewhere. I'm rooting for you! :D

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:21 am

law_monkey wrote:

Well good luck with everything! I really think you'll get good news from somewhere. I'm rooting for you! :D

Likewise... and I'll post on this thread ASAP after I get word one way or the other. Maybe we'll both be in, how great would that be. :)

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:23 am

Likewise... and I'll post on this thread ASAP after I get word one way or the other. Maybe we'll both be in, how great would that be. :)

I like that option the best!!!

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 am

For what it's worth law monkey. Mine has the mailing thing as well.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:11 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:For what it's worth law monkey. Mine has the mailing thing as well.

Did you receive the video yet, or did you just pop to DR on 12/10 with us?

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:15 pm

DR 12/10 like the rest of you.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:For what it's worth law monkey. Mine has the mailing thing as well.

Well then it looks like at least the two of us are in the same boat. You're my fellow URM right? Good luck! I hope all the 12/10s get good news.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:51 pm

How long did it take those of you with decisions to receive your letters/packets?

Kiwi917

Postby Kiwi917 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:42 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:How long did it take those of you with decisions to receive your letters/packets?

I got an email with the video message the next morning (12/7), but I have not received a letter or packet yet.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:51 pm

No video message, but since it's Saturday, that isn't really probative =/

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:07 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:How long did it take those of you with decisions to receive your letters/packets?

I had DR 12/5 and status checker updated on 12/6, got the acceptance video on 12/7 and the package came yesterday 12/10

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”