Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SarPear

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby SarPear » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
SarPear wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Decision rendered 12/10!!! I don't know whether that makes me happy or sad. The people who were accepted got the email the day after their status change. If they wait to send emails until Monday that means I have to be paranoid all weekend about whether I haven't heard anything because it's bad news or if it's because the office is just closed. What are the numbers of people who changed today? Likely admits or rejections?

my thoughts exactly about the weekend thing- so stressful. This cycle is totally getting in the way of studying for finals. FWIW, My numbers are decent for BC: 167/3.7 but you never know...

The problem really is the video thing. Everyone accepted thus far with Decision Rendered on the status checker also had the video message.

They got it the day after their statuses updated- no need to stress just yet!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:27 pm

SarPear wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
SarPear wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Decision rendered 12/10!!! I don't know whether that makes me happy or sad. The people who were accepted got the email the day after their status change. If they wait to send emails until Monday that means I have to be paranoid all weekend about whether I haven't heard anything because it's bad news or if it's because the office is just closed. What are the numbers of people who changed today? Likely admits or rejections?

my thoughts exactly about the weekend thing- so stressful. This cycle is totally getting in the way of studying for finals. FWIW, My numbers are decent for BC: 167/3.7 but you never know...

The problem really is the video thing. Everyone accepted thus far with Decision Rendered on the status checker also had the video message.

They got it the day after their statuses updated- no need to stress just yet!

OH, I was missing that information. And now it's clear to me why you guys are discussing the weekend... ahhhh yes... will we get said video on the weekend or not.

ldboston

Postby ldboston » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:15 pm

I am decision rendered 12/10 as well!! UR 10/28. I am really hoping that the email is the day after your decision rendered, so its either monday or the weekend, and i don't have to feel rejected right now. Keeping my hopes up for Monday!

Good luck to all!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 pm

ldboston wrote:I am decision rendered 12/10 as well!! UR 10/28. I am really hoping that the email is the day after your decision rendered, so its either monday or the weekend, and i don't have to feel rejected right now. Keeping my hopes up for Monday!

Good luck to all!

I LOVE this attitude :) Likewise good luck to you!

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Decision rendered 12/10!

My last update was 11/4...I almost forgot they had a status checker! At the top of the page, it says that a letter will be mailed in 3-5 days. What is the "video" that everyone is talking about here, and how long after decision rendered does it typically get sent out?

Thanks guys, good luck to all of you.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Also got a decision rendered! For those who received such updates, how are your stats? I have a 162 LSAT and 3.85 GPA. I'm hoping it's an acceptance, but I don't know what to expect if I don't get that email on Monday.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Decision rendered 12/10!

My last update was 11/4...I almost forgot they had a status checker! At the top of the page, it says that a letter will be mailed in 3-5 days. What is the "video" that everyone is talking about here, and how long after decision rendered does it typically get sent out?

Thanks guys, good luck to all of you.

Hi Jami - Here's what I learned today. The video is e-mailed to you approximately the day after your status changes to DR. It's an acceptance video from one of the deans (asst maybe?) saying how great BC is and how happy they are to have you.

What we're all wondering is... will it come on the weekend, or will we have to wait until Monday to know for sure our fate.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:35 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:Also got a decision rendered! For those who received such updates, how are your stats? I have a 162 LSAT and 3.85 GPA. I'm hoping it's an acceptance, but I don't know what to expect if I don't get that email on Monday.

Hey nightmares, we're basically numbers twins (my GPA is a bit higher) and I got the 12/10 decision rendered also. Some higher numbered folks also got the DR today, so who knows.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:38 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:Also got a decision rendered! For those who received such updates, how are your stats? I have a 162 LSAT and 3.85 GPA. I'm hoping it's an acceptance, but I don't know what to expect if I don't get that email on Monday.

3.63/167 here, I got the decision today as well...BC is up there for me because I hear it's a nice atmosphere. I hope for that e-mail on Monday too, though tomorrow would be even nicer!

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:30 pm

I received it today as well. Hope it's an accept, but having Georgetown already down (nice surprise) helps take off the pressure.

Now if one of these New York schools will bite (assuming I get in, which there is no guarantee that I did) then I'll have my full set of options of NY, Boston, DC.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I received it today as well. Hope it's an accept, but having Georgetown already down (nice surprise) helps take off the pressure.

Now if one of these New York schools will bite (assuming I get in, which there is no guarantee that I did) then I'll have my full set of options of NY, Boston, DC.

I'm in the same boat you are! My Fordham status checker's going crazy, I have a decision letter from NYU but while all the other Socal people got theirs today my mailbox is mysteriously empty, and there's been dead silence from both of the Bostons until now. Thank goodness for Georgetown and its quick response!!!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:45 pm

I am new to this TLS thing, but I don't think "NYU" and "Fordham" should be uttered in the same sentence, should they?

:P

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:45 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I received it today as well. Hope it's an accept, but having Georgetown already down (nice surprise) helps take off the pressure.

I'm in the same boat you are! My Fordham status checker's going crazy, I have a decision letter from NYU but while all the other Socal people got theirs today my mailbox is mysteriously empty, and there's been dead silence from both of the Bostons until now. Thank goodness for Georgetown and its quick response!!!

+1 for quick responses. I'm in at Northeastern which means I will for sure be in Boston, one way or another or another :-) BC has the joint program I want, so it would be nice to hear back...

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I am new to this TLS thing, but I don't think "NYU" and "Fordham" should be uttered in the same sentence, should they?

Well, at best, you're guilty of your own crime.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I am new to this TLS thing, but I don't think "NYU" and "Fordham" should be uttered in the same sentence, should they?

Well, at best, you're guilty of your own crime.

DAMN!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm URM so I didn't know how my cycle was going to go, so I applied to the schools I have solid numbers for (like BC and Fordham) but also the higher schools just in case. Ironically I've been getting good news from the higher schools and absolutely nothing from the other ones. And I'm definitely not high enough that I should be getting YP'd.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Got the package today. In case anyone is wondering, they start making $$ decisions in Jan.

DorianGray89

Postby DorianGray89 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Entchen wrote:Got the package today. In case anyone is wondering, they start making $$ decisions in Jan.

what's in the package?

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Just got decision rendered. Now I get to freak out all weekend.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:44 pm

law_monkey wrote:

I'm URM so I didn't know how my cycle was going to go, so I applied to the schools I have solid numbers for (like BC and Fordham) but also the higher schools just in case. Ironically I've been getting good news from the higher schools and absolutely nothing from the other ones. And I'm definitely not high enough that I should be getting YP'd.

Same.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:
Entchen wrote:Got the package today. In case anyone is wondering, they start making $$ decisions in Jan.

what's in the package?

Yeah, what's in the package?

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:10 pm

anyone have some questions for a BC 1L? feel free to PM me or post here. Finals start for me monday AHHHH

tompags

Postby tompags » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Did anyone else get an acceptance package in the mail but not the e-mail with the video?

Henchman21

Postby Henchman21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:30 pm

tompags wrote:Did anyone else get an acceptance package in the mail but not the e-mail with the video?

+1

I have decision rendered 12/04 but I have yet to recieve anything in the mail. I did not get the e-mail either. Should I call them on Monday?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Did anyone who was admitted already have something listed under their mailings? Cuz it sounds like if no one got their package for a while they hadn't actually mailed anything when the decision was made. I have decision sent under my mailings now, so I don't know if I should be worried or if I'm just being paranoid.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”