Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
solo

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby solo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:34 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:
solo wrote:
scorky wrote:3.52/167 and in as of yesterday, via email. Hang in there!

Did you receive your welcome email today? What is your status date for decision rendered?

By welcome email do you mean the video message from the Dean? Also, has anyone with the congrats/video email yesterdays gotten their packages in the mail yet?

Yes that is what I mean. I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten the video message from the Dean today or did the people who got accepted only receive that email yesterday? I'm waiting for my hold/ reject to come through snail mail.

Birdlaw

Postby Birdlaw » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Under Review since 11/22. Anyone else afraid of the mailman today?

People that got rejected, did you get a status check update that said a decision had been rendered?

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I don't know what to think anymore. Under review since 10/5...

Birdlaw

Postby Birdlaw » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 pm

JakeL wrote:I don't know what to think anymore. Under review since 10/5...

I'd rather be water-boarded than be under review from my top choice for two months. Hang in there man!

ldboston

Postby ldboston » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Under review since 10/28 and now that decisions are coming out I'm checking my status constantly. Can't decide if i like this better than BU where I can't check ANYTHING.

Hoping to be in the next batch of decisions.

sandwichday

Postby sandwichday » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the people who have gotten decisions one way or the other went UR in October. So those of us who went UR in November might still have a ways to go. It also seems that everyone who has gotten a decision had their status change on the website from "Your application is being reviewed" to "A decision has been rendered" and a few days later received either an acceptance via email or a rejection via snail mail.

Does this sound right?

scruffs mcguff

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm

sandwichday wrote:So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the people who have gotten decisions one way or the other went UR in October. So those of us who went UR in November might still have a ways to go. It also seems that everyone who has gotten a decision had their status change on the website from "Your application is being reviewed" to "A decision has been rendered" and a few days later received either an acceptance via email or a rejection via snail mail.

Does this sound right?

For me yes. Review 10/6, Decision rendered 12/5 (but showed up 12/6), email on 12/7

athenian

Postby athenian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Went "in review" yesterday. Anyone know how long the typical wait has been from this point?

I'm a splitter (169, 2.9), so I'm sure I'll have to wait even longer if I don't get the auto-ding.

ldboston

Postby ldboston » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Yeah it actually seems that people with decisions went under review in early-mid october, and the people in late october/november will be in the next batch. after decision rendered, people got emails or letters.

labeauche

Postby labeauche » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Submitted 11/1, under review 11/15, Got my email acceptance yesterday. Getting ready for the cold as we speak

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:06 pm

labeauche wrote:Submitted 11/1, under review 11/15, Got my email acceptance yesterday. Getting ready for the cold as we speak

congrats!! Over the last few months I've spent about a month in Boston and love it there. I would love to start preparing for the cold.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Congrats! I went to UG in Boston from living in a hot climate, and the adjustment to cold was completely doable. Take a friend from the north shopping and have them help you pick out suitable winter gear. With the right stuff, you'll stay warm while playing in the snow :-)

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:50 pm

labeauche wrote:Submitted 11/1, under review 11/15, Got my email acceptance yesterday. Getting ready for the cold as we speak

Super awesome LSAT score I'm guessing?

clair de lune

Postby clair de lune » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Received acceptance email/msg yesterday, 12/7. My status checker had said decision rendered as of 12/4.

So no, decision rendered doesn't always mean a denial. Plus, 3.85/161 - completely flabbergasted and counting my lucky stars that I got in!!

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 pm

clair de lune wrote:Received acceptance email/msg yesterday, 12/7. My status checker had said decision rendered as of 12/4.

So no, decision rendered doesn't always mean a denial. Plus, 3.85/161 - completely flabbergasted and counting my lucky stars that I got in!!

Congrats! :D Any fan of Debussy deserves to get in.

DorianGray89

Postby DorianGray89 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:09 pm

sandwichday wrote:So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the people who have gotten decisions one way or the other went UR in October. So those of us who went UR in November might still have a ways to go. It also seems that everyone who has gotten a decision had their status change on the website from "Your application is being reviewed" to "A decision has been rendered" and a few days later received either an acceptance via email or a rejection via snail mail.

Does this sound right?

No. I went Under Review Nov 17. Got in yesterday.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Would the members of this thread recommend applying with a 165 / 3.42 ? Judging by last year's LSN I am rejected, so I'm not sure if I want to waste the money, but I would be ecstatic to go to BC so I'm tempted.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 pm

champ33 wrote:Would the members of this thread recommend applying with a 165 / 3.42 ? Judging by last year's LSN I am rejected, so I'm not sure if I want to waste the money, but I would be ecstatic to go to BC so I'm tempted.

It's probably worth an app, just don't get your hopes up.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 pm

champ33 wrote:Would the members of this thread recommend applying with a 165 / 3.42 ? Judging by last year's LSN I am rejected, so I'm not sure if I want to waste the money, but I would be ecstatic to go to BC so I'm tempted.

You're certainly not an automatic "reject," and if you have good softs, I think you have a shot. So, why not?!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 pm

clair de lune wrote:Received acceptance email/msg yesterday, 12/7. My status checker had said decision rendered as of 12/4.

Wow, my GPA and LSAT are better (albeit my LSAT is only one point better, but my GPA is ~0.15 gp higher) and I'm getting cold shouldered from them. When did you submit?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 pm

As long as you didn't sliip in a subconscious "FU Adcom!" you should be ok :-)

It seems like these first acceptance are more restricted GPA wise but cover a broad LSAT range (assumingLSN is accurate).

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:23 pm

I just don't get this. I put together an immaculate application package replete with top notch LoRs and evaluations, a PS I drafted and had 3 scholars pore over for a month, a list of scholastic honors a mile long including publication, and military service... and people with lower numbers are getting in? I'm perplexed. I thought this was a numbers game, but then it's not a numbers game, but my softs/ECs are pretty great (I would suspect that law schools enjoy having a combat vet in their midst) and yet... I've been sitting in review since 11/05 for BC alone.

It makes me want to scream, seriously.

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I just don't get this. I put together an immaculate application package replete with top notch LoRs and evaluations, a PS I drafted and had 3 scholars pore over for a month, a list of scholastic honors a mile long including publication, and military service... and people with lower numbers are getting in? I'm perplexed. I thought this was a numbers game, but then it's not a numbers game, but my softs/ECs are pretty great (I would suspect that law schools enjoy having a combat vet in their midst) and yet... I've been sitting in review since 11/05 for BC alone.

I totally understand...but keep the faith. They could be holding onto it for a million different reasons that have nothing to do with you. :) Could be admin thing, could be who knows what. Could be that they're holding onto it to consider you for scholarship skrilla.

bananaboat29

Postby bananaboat29 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I just don't get this. I put together an immaculate application package replete with top notch LoRs and evaluations, a PS I drafted and had 3 scholars pore over for a month, a list of scholastic honors a mile long including publication, and military service... and people with lower numbers are getting in? I'm perplexed. I thought this was a numbers game, but then it's not a numbers game, but my softs/ECs are pretty great (I would suspect that law schools enjoy having a combat vet in their midst) and yet... I've been sitting in review since 11/05 for BC alone.

Patience! It's still very early. In terms of timing, there doesn't seem to be any method to the madness now, but wait and have a little faith that it will even out and things will eventually work out. I'm sure you will be just fine.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Deep breaths, man. It's going to be ok. It's barely been a month. A lot of schools don't even start looking at apps til Jan or Feb.
--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”