Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 pm

FYI for anyone with a need-based fee waiver: I received a need-based waiver a while ago. There was no code in the email, but all the other schools like this had directly waived the fee on LSAC, and it said "fee waived" on the certification page. Anyway, I emailed them, and they never got back to me. Finally called this morning, and they said, "You have to select pay by check, then print and mail the certification with a note that you have a waiver."

Who knew?

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby RPK34 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Just submitted today. I'm hoping to get in that first early December wave of decision

User avatar
firecracker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby firecracker » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Submitted 11/4. This is my second time around for BC, so I'm hoping things go better this cycle!

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm

I submitted my app to BC about a week ago, but haven't received anything (confirmation email/status check ID), is this normal? Should I email them or wait?

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Kiwi917 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:44 pm

xqhp82 wrote:I submitted my app to BC about a week ago, but haven't received anything (confirmation email/status check ID), is this normal? Should I email them or wait?


I submitted 10/13 and haven't heard anything. My impression is that this is normal (or at least that is what I keep telling myself). Anyone receive a status checker yet?

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Perch » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

I noticed they want your SAT score...need to call my high school guidance councilor?

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 am

Perch wrote:I noticed they want your SAT score...need to call my high school guidance councilor?


That's optional.

jswilson27
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby jswilson27 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Just got a status checker for BC. Applied 10/10, hadn't heard anything since.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby snapdragon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Just got mine today too. Was complete on 10/27. Glad I finally heard something..

wildcathighfive
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby wildcathighfive » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:25 pm

got mine--complete on 10/21, pending decision on 10/17

gz5hc9
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby gz5hc9 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

I got a status checker too. Mine says "Pending Decision". I went complete on 10/4.

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Just got my status checker and I had applied back in early Oct.

ebl1014
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby ebl1014 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Just got the status checker today... complete 10/12

User avatar
firecracker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby firecracker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Received mine today as well. If I remember correctly, BC says "Pending Decision" the whole time until a decision is rendered.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Entchen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Ditto everyone. Complete Oct. 28 (sent Oct. 24).

Anyone know what their schedule for releasing decisions was last year? Yeah I know I could go look it up, but I'm lazy.

User avatar
uk4220
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby uk4220 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Entchen wrote:Ditto everyone. Complete Oct. 28 (sent Oct. 24).

Anyone know what their schedule for releasing decisions was last year? Yeah I know I could go look it up, but I'm lazy.


Image

User avatar
birD
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby birD » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:10 pm

why does it say pending decision then later complete? shouldn't it be the other way around...?

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Wow, that chart is great. Is there a place that has them for all schools?

User avatar
uk4220
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby uk4220 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm

username99 wrote:Wow, that chart is great. Is there a place that has them for all schools?


yep. TLS posted a link

http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:38 pm

uk4220 wrote:
username99 wrote:Wow, that chart is great. Is there a place that has them for all schools?


yep. TLS posted a link

http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html


Are these definitely accurate?? Isn't Oct 4th for Texas really early?

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:51 pm

So if you submitted and are complete by now, I'm guessing that not hearing back by Dec 4 means a WL at best? Oh lord.

EDIT: Anyone notice that their GPA 25-median-75 is rather low? Here's hoping they're looking for high GPA's this cycle!! *crosses fingers*

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby LSATNightmares » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Does anyone know whether (and if so, when) Boston College had an ED program? The reason I ask is that on Law School Numbers, there are several reverse-splitters who got into BC, and they are listed as "EA." Maybe I just don't know the difference between ED and EA. I presume it means the Early Action (non-binding), but aren't these things usually binding for law schools? Can anyone elucidate?

jswilson27
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby jswilson27 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:07 pm

username99 wrote:
uk4220 wrote:
username99 wrote:Wow, that chart is great. Is there a place that has them for all schools?


yep. TLS posted a link

http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html


Are these definitely accurate?? Isn't Oct 4th for Texas really early?



I think "oct 4" means fourth week of october. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 am

jswilson27 wrote:
username99 wrote:
uk4220 wrote:
username99 wrote:Wow, that chart is great. Is there a place that has them for all schools?


yep. TLS posted a link

http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html


Are these definitely accurate?? Isn't Oct 4th for Texas really early?



I think "oct 4" means fourth week of october. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!


Oops, yea, looks like it!

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:11 am

LSATNightmares wrote:Does anyone know whether (and if so, when) Boston College had an ED program? The reason I ask is that on Law School Numbers, there are several reverse-splitters who got into BC, and they are listed as "EA." Maybe I just don't know the difference between ED and EA. I presume it means the Early Action (non-binding), but aren't these things usually binding for law schools? Can anyone elucidate?


They used to have non binding EA a la Cornell ,but they don't anymore.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, Anon.y.mousse., eck456, Google [Bot], Houzy, Long shot hero, malysh, MSNbot Media, studyingeveryday, vm223 and 23 guests