Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BCLS

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm

youarereadingthis wrote:
BCLS wrote:Anyone have any BC questions? 1L here

What's the average class size in 1L courses?

How long does it take to get into the city from the campus?

Where do students live for the most part?

1. About 85 students Not too big. You get to know everyone very quickly.

2. Depends where you live. I live in Allston so it takes me about 25-30 min on the subway and shuttle.

3. Most students live in Allston/Brighton/Cleveland Circle.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:07 pm

RPK34 wrote:
BCLS wrote:Anyone have any BC questions? 1L here

Is there anything you wish you had known about BC before you enrolled (positive or negative), that you now know?

What has your experience been with professors, just in terms of overall quality?

1. Hmmmm, the one negative I have is that we share the building with freshmen and I have trouble getting coffee in the morning. They drive me nuts! Although the ladies are smoking. Its funny the contrast between law school women and undergrad.

2. Professors are absolutely amazing. Truly experts in their field. Sit in on a class!

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Also, BC sends mixed batches. Don't worry guys!

birD

Postby birD » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:15 pm

to the people who got their decision in the mail - did anything appear under mailings? I have decision rendered but it doesn't say I have any mailings

Birdlaw

Postby Birdlaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:21 pm

I've been in review for the past few days. Should we be expecting a decision in the next week or so?
Christ this school is becoming a real source of anxiety for me.

3.81/163, I'm starting to not like my chances upon further review of those admitted. Damn you law school predictor for saying I'd be a "Strong Consider!"

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Birdlaw wrote:I've been in review for the past few days. Should we be expecting a decision in the next week or so?

3.81/163, I'm starting to not like my chances upon further review of those admitted. Damn you law school predictor for saying I'd be a "Strong Consider!"

Yea, LSP said "Admit" for me, and I JUST got my rejection letter in the mail. Go figure, lol.

NZA

Postby NZA » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Birdlaw wrote:I've been in review for the past few days. Should we be expecting a decision in the next week or so?

I'm in review, and have been since 11/30.

All these rejects are making me nervous, too. :?

C'est la vie. Keep the faith, I guess.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

wow they are definitely fierce this year. I have a friend here who got in with a 163/3.96.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:36 pm

JennBNYC wrote:

Yea, LSP said "Admit" for me, and I JUST got my rejection letter in the mail. Go figure, lol.

Wow... all this news is disconcerting. If you don't mind sharing, what were your numbers like? Were you a splitter? Could this have been YP?

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:44 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:

Wow... all this news is disconcerting. If you don't mind sharing, what were your numbers like? Were you a splitter? Could this have been YP?

Reverse splitter...just PM'ed ya my #'s.

knotoftoads

Postby knotoftoads » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 pm

ugh Im pissed I never got a checker! I wanna see if mine turned to decision rendered.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm

BCLS wrote:wow they are definitely fierce this year. I have a friend here who got in with a 163/3.96.

Who knows, its early in the cycle. I'm guessing what got people in last year will pretty much be the same standards for this year.

birD

Postby birD » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 pm

love your avatar btw RPK34

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:22 am

Interesting because I've been under review since 10/5. I smell WL.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:01 am

Sigh... another day, still in review.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:45 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Sigh... another day, still in review.

Same...still in review, though at least they've started handing out decisions.

However, the decisions they are handing out are making me nervous, especially the number of dings in this batch...

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Sigh... another day, still in review.

Same...still in review, though at least they've started handing out decisions.

However, the decisions they are handing out are making me nervous, especially the number of dings in this batch...

Yep. Trying not to think about it. :X

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah, who knows what BC will do. Instead of just looking at numbers, they might be looking at fit. I also attended Jesuit educational institutions for eight years, and I know that such schools do look for candidates who will fit in.

Question about BC for one of the people who is a student there:

How easy is it to find parking on campus? If I'm accepted and attend BC, I think I'll have to live in Cambridge, as my very-soon-to-be-husband is a grad school at Harvard. Public transportation to campus doesn't look easy, so I figure I'll have to get a car.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am

birD wrote:love your avatar btw RPK34

Haha thanks. Actually met the guy before.

And yep, another day of waiting.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:47 am

LSATNightmares wrote:Question about BC for one of the people who is a student there:

How easy is it to find parking on campus? If I'm accepted and attend BC, I think I'll have to live in Cambridge, as my very-soon-to-be-husband is a grad school at Harvard. Public transportation to campus doesn't look easy, so I figure I'll have to get a car.

Parking on campus is $245 for the year (whole year, not semester) and there's always enough spots. Finding parking off-campus for the other end of the commute can be more difficult, but on campus its a breeze.

http://www.bc.edu/offices/transportatio ... udent.html

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:15 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:Question about BC for one of the people who is a student there:

Parking on campus is $245 for the year (whole year, not semester) and there's always enough spots. Finding parking off-campus for the other end of the commute can be more difficult, but on campus its a breeze.

http://www.bc.edu/offices/transportatio ... udent.html

For anyone not familiar with Boston, this is a f*cking steal. Technically Newton isn't Boston, but you'd still be lucky to find parking spaces in Boston for less than $245 an hour.

Beantown26

Postby Beantown26 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:52 am

Has anyone received an acceptance from BC yet?

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Hey All,

Does anyone currently attending BC Law know if law school students are allowed to apply to become RAs? I would love free housing :-)

Also, how is job placement in NYC? Ultimately, I want to practice in NY, but I do love Boston.

Anxiously awaiting a decision! It's one of my top choices and I think I have a good shot... 166, 3.6, great softs, 2 years work experience, Masters degree

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Not sure about RAs. I know we have graduate housing but I don't know a single person living there-- I definitely wouldn't want to live there. I need a break from the people every now and then haha.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks BCLS!

I do have connections in the area as I went to BU for undergrad, so I would probably avoid the on campus housing, unless of course if I could live there for free. I could definitely see myself living in Allston or Brighton again.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”