Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bostonlawchick

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:09 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Aaaaand scratch that... DR today, there is something under mailings... Is the consensus that that's good or bad? No email yet but I guess I'm not really expecting one.

edit: OMG HOLY CRAP I GOT IN!!! completely and utterly unexpected... I'm so excited. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Congrats!... I got in to GW the other day. I know it doesn't seem relevant, but that combined with this gives me das hopenshpiegle

You definitely have hope. I was WL at GW about two weeks ago. Good luck with BC!

akili

Postby akili » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Still nothing :(

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 pm

does anyone who already got their admit packet know when orientation is?

skippy1

Postby skippy1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:43 pm

I don't think there was anything in the admit packet about orientation. Just when the deposits were due and a brochure about the school.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:59 pm

skippy1 wrote:I don't think there was anything in the admit packet about orientation. Just when the deposits were due and a brochure about the school.

Thanks! I guess I'll just email the adcomm... I'm trying to plan my honeymoon, I want to make sure I'm back with time to settle in

skippy1

Postby skippy1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:34 pm

I was also needing to know the date for making plans and I guessed it would be Aug 29 based on when it was last year.

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm

akili wrote:Still nothing :(

Just checked out your LSN. What are you worried about??!!? You got into better schools, and your top choice! No offence, but I kinda hope you get dinged so it opens a spot for people like me who would die to get into BC. You've had a great cycle. Share the wealth?

akili

Postby akili » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 pm

harrijust86 wrote:

Just checked out your LSN. What are you worried about??!!? You got into better schools, and your top choice! No offence, but I kinda hope you get dinged so it opens a spot for people like me who would die to get into BC. You've had a great cycle. Share the wealth?

BC is pretty high on my list, especially with scholarship considerations. If I don't receive a scholarship to Vanderbilt (which is a real possibility), I have no idea where I will be and I would love BC to be an option. I really like Boston and BC has a lot of great programs, including a JD/MSW program I'm very interested in. Plus, BC places really well in Boston.

So I kinda do take a little offense that you hope I get dinged. I think it's awful to hope anyone gets rejected! Rankings aren't everything and "better" schools are pretty subjective to me.

I hope you get in to BC and wish you the best of luck in your cycle.

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 pm

akili wrote:
harrijust86 wrote:

BC is pretty high on my list, especially with scholarship considerations. If I don't receive a scholarship to Vanderbilt (which is a real possibility), I have no idea where I will be and I would love BC to be an option. I really like Boston and BC has a lot of great programs, including a JD/MSW program I'm very interested in. Plus, BC places really well in Boston.

So I kinda do take a little offense that you hope I get dinged. I think it's awful to hope anyone gets rejected! Rankings aren't everything and "better" schools are pretty subjective to me.

I hope you get in to BC and wish you the best of luck in your cycle.

I appologize. Obviously I dont want anyone to have to get dinged. I was more curious about why it seemed to matter to you in this instance, considering you had already been accepted to "better" schools. I was going on the fact that you have two "1's" and three "2's" on LSN, and you got into one of each. So from the info i had it was at best 6th on your list. I have supreme confidence that you will be accepted, and believe me I can understand the draw of Boston. Love that dirty water!! lived there for six years before moving to Alaska in November (WHY???) and really hope I get into BC or BU so I can get back. Once again, sorry for stepping over the line from self interested to hurtful. Best wishes!

tourdeforcex

Postby tourdeforcex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 pm

the conversation immediately above seems too kind to be TLS.

perhaps indicative of those who like boston?

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 pm

LSP says that I am an "Admit" for BC, and yet people with numbers similar to mine (3.82/164) were WL'ed/rejected left and right according to the LSN graphs last year. UR since 2/2 and exceedingly nervous... :(

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:the conversation immediately above seems too kind to be TLS.

Naaaaa. Iindicative of Firefly fans. You can't take the sky from us, but you dont want to damage our calm either....

curly3426

Postby curly3426 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:04 pm

hey guys,

BC LAW seems to be slow getting out decisions... I know people got called Friday.

I went undergrad there and got into BU law - so I'm competitive - applied mid-nov, they waited for my dec scores

just surprised I have heard nothing... Even wrote them a LOCI, and a follow-up e-mail

hmmm

akili

Postby akili » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:20 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
tourdeforcex wrote:the conversation immediately above seems too kind to be TLS.

Naaaaa. Iindicative of Firefly fans. You can't take the sky from us, but you dont want to damage our calm either....

Firefly <3

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm

curly3426 wrote:hey guys,

BC LAW seems to be slow getting out decisions... I know people got called Friday.

I went undergrad there and got into BU law - so I'm competitive - applied mid-nov, they waited for my dec scores

just surprised I have heard nothing... Even wrote them a LOCI, and a follow-up e-mail

hmmm

What were your numbers? Just Curious. Also, what does it say on your status checker? Complete. In Review etc.
I submited on 2/16 went complete 2/28 and under review 3/1. applied to BU as well, but since they don't have a status checker I dont know where I stand. My numbers make it very unlikely I will get in though. So maybe I get a quick review/rejection?

curly3426

Postby curly3426 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm

my GPA is well above their 75%, went to their university undergrad, my LSAT at 25%... VERY VERY strong non-trad (I got a personal note from the dean at BU about it), non-urm - status checker says under-review since 1/19

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Hmmm.. Well I would assume that you are in baring some sort of catastrophy. Perhaps they were awaiting my app with the high LSAT and low GPA so we could be admitted together?? That would be spectacular.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:43 pm

I wouldn't worry guys... This is a busy time of year. I went under review 12/17 and didnt get the acceptance email tip yesterday. You probably have a few more weeks before you need to worry.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:22 am

I'm visiting Boston College next weekend, then driving to NYC to see the city where I'd hope to work if I attended BC. I'm from LA and have never even been to the east coast.

I just thought I'd share because I'm so excited!

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 am

jamiLAW wrote:I'm visiting Boston College next weekend, then driving to NYC to see the city where I'd hope to work if I attended BC. I'm from LA and have never even been to the east coast.

I just thought I'd share because I'm so excited!

You'll love it! I loved living in Boston for six years and have spent decent amounts of time in NYC and LA... and LA was my least favorite. Then again i am a huge boston sports fan, and there is really nothing that compares to the sheer multitude of stuff there is and you can do in NYC.

krad

Postby krad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:58 pm

When does scholly info usually arrive? I just got my acceptance packet yesterday but there wasn't anything in that... (I'm on my phone and it's really hard to read back through TT right now). Thanks :)

jamiLAW I did my UG in CA and have never been to Boston either! I'm visiting in two weeks and I can't wait, yay!

rockyIV

Postby rockyIV » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:35 pm

They said they would start notifying applicants in mid-March. There was something earlier about how last year they posted it to some account like March 18th so I am just waiting to hear from them.

I am going to the Open House in two weeks, never been to Boston but cant wait to be there for St. Pattys Day

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Wait Listed via Snail Mail.

3.82/167 nontrad.
So I'm at 75th % for LSAT and above for GPA, they've had my app since December 9...

Guess something didn't trip their trigger....

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:48 pm

sidhesadie wrote:Wait Listed via Snail Mail.

3.82/167 nontrad.
So I'm at 75th % for LSAT and above for GPA, they've had my app since December 9...

Guess something didn't trip their trigger....

This scares me. Any agregious errors on your app? Naming the wrong school in a PS? Not checking all the boxes? Felonies? Did you personaly insult an adcomm?

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Nope, no criminal history, lol. No errors. My LOR's are great as far as I know.
I'm just 34 and a single mom...maybe that's not their thing. I don't have a lot of volunteer type stuff, since full time college plus work plus kid have kind of precluded me from that, so maybe that's it? I have no idea.
However, it does disprove the idea that if you're over 75th percentile you're a lock.
Guess not. Softs apparently DO count for something...I can't imagine what else it could be other than lack of softs they want OR the fact that I live on the other side of the country and am a single mom makes them doubt I really would attend, so they waitlisted me.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”