Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockyIV

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby rockyIV » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Also, since the preferred way to select a law school is apparel options, BC has the nicest hoodies of the schools I'm considering.
http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/10001-152755-45904-32051723-1

took the words right out of my mouth

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 pm

BCLS wrote:The unthinkable happened today. Some prospective student came into my con law class. He raised his hand and asked a question. What a douche. The whole class laughed at him. I'll never forget his face and neither will anyone else. I hope he chooses to come here next year and be friendless.

wow

Wow! sounds like someone had a slow day! There is nothing wrong with a prospective asking a question. What did he/she ask? Sound like there are some very immature 1L's at BC. Maybe some prospectives should take that into consideration before agreeing to go there....or are you just another troll?
Last edited by Emma1 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 pm

BCLS wrote:haha maybe that was a slight exaggeration.....but everyone in my section was definitely talking about it a lot.

Grow up! You are going to be a lawyer in two years?....shudder! Can't believe the groupthink on this thread!

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Looks like someone wanted to lock in their gunner spot for next year.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 am

I'm surprised at all the comments mocking the 0L for asking a question in class. There was nothing in the OP's story that pointed to the 0L being gunnerish or a know-it-all - just that he asked a question.

We've all done things that were embarrassing or socially unacceptable at times, perhaps without our knowledge. However, why would you make fun of others for it?

If I end up choosing BC, I hope I don't end up in a section with fellow students who think it's cool to poke fun at others on the sidelines.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 am

I'm glad other people feel the same way on here. I am really interested in BC because from who I've talked to from there, it really seems like there are good people there. I hope that just because some prospective student did something embarrassing, that it's not true that he'd have "no friends" and shouldn't go to law school there.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 am

let me make it very clear-- the 0L did not ask a question. He raised his hand to answer one during my con law class.

That's not ok. If you do it you will have 100 people mocking you.

Simple as that.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 am

jamiLAW wrote:I'm glad other people feel the same way on here. I am really interested in BC because from who I've talked to from there, it really seems like there are good people there. I hope that just because some prospective student did something embarrassing, that it's not true that he'd have "no friends" and shouldn't go to law school there.

You shouldn't worry. You're gonna be in classes with 1L's, not 2L's, so you'll have a fresh start with new people. Don't worry about next year's 2L's. You won't have time.

But at the same time, I can understand why the 1L's got pissed off at you asking a question.

ETA: wait, apparently you didn't ask anything. :?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 am

tttlllsss wrote:I'm surprised at all the comments mocking the 0L for asking a question in class. There was nothing in the OP's story that pointed to the 0L being gunnerish or a know-it-all - just that he asked a question.

We've all done things that were embarrassing or socially unacceptable at times, perhaps without our knowledge. However, why would you make fun of others for it?

If I end up choosing BC, I hope I don't end up in a section with fellow students who think it's cool to poke fun at others on the sidelines.

I think the gunner comment by RPK34 was being said in jest/ not being critical of the 0L or at least that is the way I read it. The original OP's comments however just shows how very immature his thought processes are. Frankly the 1L's don't really know anything at this stage themselves.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 am

HAHA BCLS i was in that class!!!! That person was a total fool!

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 am

BCLS wrote:let me make it very clear-- the 0L did not ask a question. He raised his hand to answer one during my con law class.

Simple as that.

BCLS wrote:The unthinkable happened today. Some prospective student came into my con law class. He raised his hand and asked a question. What a douche. The whole class laughed at him. I'll never forget his face and neither will anyone else. I hope he chooses to come here next year and be friendless.

wow

You didnt say that the first time. You said he asked a question, which was bad enough. Answering a question is much worse.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 am

BCLS wrote:let me make it very clear-- the 0L did not ask a question. He raised his hand to answer one during my con law class.

Simple as that.

Maybe he is smarter than the rest of you LOL

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

Emma1 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:I'm surprised at all the comments mocking the 0L for asking a question in class. There was nothing in the OP's story that pointed to the 0L being gunnerish or a know-it-all - just that he asked a question.

I think the gunner comment by RPK34 was being said in jest/ not being critical of the 0L or at least that is the way I read it. The original OP's comments however just shows how very immature his thought processes are. Frankly the 1L's don't really know anything at this stage themselves.

haha emma who are you? if you even think it's ok to raise you hand and answer questions while taking up the time of students actually paying for classes you are insane.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

ha I doubt it. I'm very pleased with my grades.

Also above, sorry yes he actually answered a question. He didn't ask one. That wouldnt be an issue for me.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:31 am

Asking or answering a question (related to law) as a prospective student is waaay inappropriate IMO. I would never, ever, ever do that. When I visited a law school last spring the professor used me as an example in a hypo and I was SO uncomfortable. I can't imagine volunteering information for no reason.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:33 am

akili wrote:Asking or answering a question (related to law) as a prospective student is waaay inappropriate IMO. I would never, ever, ever do that. When I visited a law school last spring the professor used me as an example in a hypo and I was SO uncomfortable. I can't imagine volunteering information for no reason.

Yeah its definitely not the time or place for that. Simply talk to the professor after class.

Sorry for the confusion above let me once again clarify that: he raised his hand multiple times to answer a question posed to the class regarding the commerce clause.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 am

I am so horrified that a 0L would dare to answer a question!!! Can you imagine his nerve!!!!! Grow up guys! I can't wait to visit!

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 am

Emma1 wrote:I am so horrified that a 0L would dare to answer a question!!! Can you imagine his nerve!!!!! Grow up guys! I can't wait to visit!

Good we will run you out of the law school. Have some respect and deference to the students and professors. You must be lovely in person.

Yes a 0L answered a question posed to my CON LAW CLASS concerning the commerce clause and proceeded to look like an idiot who clearly had no knowledge of what was going on beyond a 8th grade civics education.
Last edited by BCLS on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 am

BCLS wrote:ha I doubt it. I'm very pleased with my grades.

Also above, sorry yes he actually answered a question. He didn't ask one. That wouldnt be an issue for me.

+1

wow. yeah, he should be embarrassed.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 am

To be fair, I thought it was silly to make such a big deal about a 0L asking a question.
It, however, is pretty silly of a 0L to be answering a question.

I'm sure no harm was meant though, and we all do dumb things. So don't feel bad, dude.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 am

stlisforlovers wrote:To be fair, I thought it was silly to make such a big deal about a 0L asking a question.
It, however, is pretty silly of a 0L to be answering a question.

I'm sure no harm was meant though, and we all do dumb things. So don't feel bad, dude.

Yeah agreed. That was my bad with that post I should have reread it. Sometimes I post these things really quickly.

I'm pretty sure that person above was just kidding and it really wasn't him.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:55 am

BCLS wrote:
Emma1 wrote:I am so horrified that a 0L would dare to answer a question!!! Can you imagine his nerve!!!!! Grow up guys! I can't wait to visit!

Good we will run you out of the law school. Have some respect and deference to the students and professors. You must be lovely in person.

Yes a 0L answered a question posed to my CON LAW CLASS concerning the commerce clause and proceeded to look like an idiot who clearly had no knowledge of what was going on beyond a 8th grade civics education.

In your dreams LOL! You are quite the bully aren't you?
I am sure BC and its professors are just fine with someone answering a question. The professor did allow the 0L to answer, did he not? I am sure plenty of you 1L's waste alot of his time with your own ridiculous answers. I do have great respect for BCLS and so should you. I doubt admissions would be happy with your tirade!

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 am

Emma1 wrote:
BCLS wrote:

In your dreams LOL! You are quite the bully aren't you?
I am sure BC and its professors are just fine with someone answering a question. The professor did allow the 0L to answer, did he not? I am sure plenty of you 1L's waste alot of his time with your own ridiculous answers. I do have great respect for BCLS and so should you. I doubt admissions would be happy with your tirade!

Unfortunately I don't report to admissions. First of all, I love BC. Second of all, I hate when people like you think its ok to be completely disrespectful and answer a question that is not being posed to you. You are wasting the time and money of the class. No one appreciates it. The professor didn't appreciate it either, as was plain with his look of confusion. At least I'd give this kid credit if he killed the answer-- not so.

Come into my con law class and answer a question-- watch as 100 faces stare at you and laugh. It's a tight community, we know who is visiting.
Sadly, the professor doesn't know everyone's names yet and allowed this foo to answer.

And guess what-- its ok if i waste his time with dumb answers... IM A STUDENT!!!

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 am

[/quote] And guess what-- its ok if i waste his time with dumb answers...[/quote]

OK, sorry that happens to you!!!!

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 am

You make BC sound like it could foster an environment of ridicule.

Someone does something wrong, and everyone dwells on it for days, excitedly gossiping in their little cliques.

Sorry, doesn't sound appealing to me.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”