Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby eaglemuncher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

BCLS wrote:The unthinkable happened today. Some prospective student came into my con law class. He raised his hand and asked a question. What a douche. The whole class laughed at him. I'll never forget his face and neither will anyone else. I hope he chooses to come here next year and be friendless.

wow


I am embarrassed for him. :oops: and I am 800 miles away behind my computer

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

hahahahaha it was bad. Everyone kept mustering who is this kid...and then we realized...hes not in our class...he's a prospective student. The audacity.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

I mean, I find it hard to feel bad for someone like that, you either have social tact/common sense or you don't...

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I just hope he doesn't come to BC. He won't fit in well here, or for that matter, have any friends at all.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 pm

BCLS wrote:I just hope he doesn't come to BC. He won't fit in well here, or for that matter, have any friends at all.


Hahaha.

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby eaglemuncher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:31 pm

He might be reading this thread right now....

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:He might be reading this thread right now....
I hope he is. That's the only reason I posted this on here lol/

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby LSATNightmares » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm

jacorbett wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:Update on those of you interested in the public interest scholarship:

I called the financial aid office to make sure they got my application (two things I mailed to other law schools got lost in the mail and never reach their destinations, so now I follow up). Anyways, the office also said so far they have received about 150 applications, and they're still receiving more! So it appears to be very competitive.



Is anyone aware of how many public interest scholarships BC awards every year?


3-4 are awarded every year.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Gemini » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.


He's a 0L. He probably did.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

So do you not ask questions in law school or is he ridiculous because he was a prospective student? Sorta confused.

Also, since the preferred way to select a law school is apparel options, BC has the nicest hoodies of the schools I'm considering.
http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/10001-152755-45904-32051723-1

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby akili » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:So do you not ask questions in law school or is he ridiculous because he was a prospective student? Sorta confused.

Also, since the preferred way to select a law school is apparel options, BC has the nicest hoodies of the schools I'm considering.
http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/10001-152755-45904-32051723-1


It's because he was a prospective I think.

Also, that is by FAR the best selection of law apparel/merchandise I have seen so far. Points for BC!

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Lol obviously people ask questions if they actually go to the law school. He's a prospective student who was sitting in on my class after a tour. Very ballsy

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby ash8309 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.


+1.

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby apple1234 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm

BCLS wrote:The unthinkable happened today. Some prospective student came into my con law class. He raised his hand and asked a question. What a douche. The whole class laughed at him. I'll never forget his face and neither will anyone else. I hope he chooses to come here next year and be friendless.

wow


BCLS wrote:Tell me about it!!! Everyone is talking about it. It has spread like a wild fire. I cant believe someone would have the balls to do that!


Ok so of course it's weird he did that, and I think most of us can agree that it's prob not appropriate, but.... REALLY "the unthinkable happened" and "everyone is talking about it" and "it spread like a wild fire"?! Isn't that all a little dramatic? If you're not exaggerating I don't know how this makes me feel about BC!

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 pm

@apple

No one likes the person who feels the need to opine about the commerce clause when he hasn't had 1 day of law school. It's hilarious. Everyone was pretty much laughing. Once you get into law school maybe you'll see the audacity that takes.

You probably were that kid. Please don't be that kid.

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

ash8309 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.


+1.

He did. His comment made no sense. That was the cherry. Understandable since he has never been in law school.

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby apple1234 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:43 pm

BCLS wrote:@apple

No one likes the person who feels the need to opine about the commerce clause when he hasn't had 1 day of law school. It's hilarious. Everyone was pretty much laughing. Once you get into law school maybe you'll see the audacity that takes.

You probably were that kid. Please don't be that kid.


Not that kid. Female sitting on the West Coast here. Maybe you're right about once I start law school? I don't know, just putting in my 2 cents.

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

apple1234 wrote:
BCLS wrote:@apple

No one likes the person who feels the need to opine about the commerce clause when he hasn't had 1 day of law school. It's hilarious. Everyone was pretty much laughing. Once you get into law school maybe you'll see the audacity that takes.

You probably were that kid. Please don't be that kid.


Not that kid. Female sitting on the West Coast here. Maybe you're right about once I start law school? I don't know, just putting in my 2 cents.

haha reassuring. Well in law school any deviation from a routine is noticed and commented on. This was a large deviation and I definitely think it was worth mentioning.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 pm

I agree. I can see if he asked a ton of questions, but gossiping about 0L asking just one seems sorta silly.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

I guess I am a 0L though. :?

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I agree. I can see if he asked a ton of questions, but gossiping about 0L asking just one seems sorta silly.

You guys really think it's cool for someone who is a 0L to come into a class, at a law school he doesn't attend, and answer a question he knows nothing about? He cost us a little bit of class time and thus money. When you go visit a law school you show respect for the professors and students through deference. It takes a huge douche to do what he did.

On a side note, if you don;t like gossip, law school is not for you. Every law school is full of it. Welcome back to high school.

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby apple1234 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm

BCLS wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:I agree. I can see if he asked a ton of questions, but gossiping about 0L asking just one seems sorta silly.

You guys really think it's cool for someone who is a 0L to come into a class, at a law school he doesn't attend, and answer a question he knows nothing about? He cost us a little bit of class time and thus money. When you go visit a law school you show respect for the professors and students through deference. It takes a huge douche to do what he did.

On a side note, if you don;t like gossip, law school is not for you. Every law school is full of it. Welcome back to high school.


Answer a question... That's pretty annoying. Ask a question... Less annoying maybe? In any case, I do agree you should show respect for both the professors and students and just keep your mouth shut. Like I said, not really appropriate but I don't know if I'd classify it as unthinkable and worthy of spreading like wildfire. :wink:

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

haha maybe that was a slight exaggeration.....but everyone in my section was definitely talking about it a lot.

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby jamiLAW » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Shit....that was me....so embarrassing. I didn't know you're not supposed to do that.... :oops:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests