Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eaglemuncher

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby eaglemuncher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

BCLS wrote:The unthinkable happened today. Some prospective student came into my con law class. He raised his hand and asked a question. What a douche. The whole class laughed at him. I'll never forget his face and neither will anyone else. I hope he chooses to come here next year and be friendless.

wow

I am embarrassed for him. :oops: and I am 800 miles away behind my computer

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

hahahahaha it was bad. Everyone kept mustering who is this kid...and then we realized...hes not in our class...he's a prospective student. The audacity.

krad

Postby krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

I mean, I find it hard to feel bad for someone like that, you either have social tact/common sense or you don't...

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I just hope he doesn't come to BC. He won't fit in well here, or for that matter, have any friends at all.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 pm

BCLS wrote:I just hope he doesn't come to BC. He won't fit in well here, or for that matter, have any friends at all.

Hahaha.

eaglemuncher

Postby eaglemuncher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:31 pm

He might be reading this thread right now....

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:He might be reading this thread right now....
I hope he is. That's the only reason I posted this on here lol/

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm

jacorbett wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:Update on those of you interested in the public interest scholarship:

I called the financial aid office to make sure they got my application (two things I mailed to other law schools got lost in the mail and never reach their destinations, so now I follow up). Anyways, the office also said so far they have received about 150 applications, and they're still receiving more! So it appears to be very competitive.

Is anyone aware of how many public interest scholarships BC awards every year?

3-4 are awarded every year.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.

He's a 0L. He probably did.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

So do you not ask questions in law school or is he ridiculous because he was a prospective student? Sorta confused.

Also, since the preferred way to select a law school is apparel options, BC has the nicest hoodies of the schools I'm considering.
http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/10001-152755-45904-32051723-1

akili

Postby akili » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:So do you not ask questions in law school or is he ridiculous because he was a prospective student? Sorta confused.

Also, since the preferred way to select a law school is apparel options, BC has the nicest hoodies of the schools I'm considering.
http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/10001-152755-45904-32051723-1

It's because he was a prospective I think.

Also, that is by FAR the best selection of law apparel/merchandise I have seen so far. Points for BC!

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Lol obviously people ask questions if they actually go to the law school. He's a prospective student who was sitting in on my class after a tour. Very ballsy

ash8309

Postby ash8309 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Why are you picking on the kid for ballsy? Unless he said something really stupid.

+1.

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm

BCLS wrote:The unthinkable happened today. Some prospective student came into my con law class. He raised his hand and asked a question. What a douche. The whole class laughed at him. I'll never forget his face and neither will anyone else. I hope he chooses to come here next year and be friendless.

wow

BCLS wrote:Tell me about it!!! Everyone is talking about it. It has spread like a wild fire. I cant believe someone would have the balls to do that!

Ok so of course it's weird he did that, and I think most of us can agree that it's prob not appropriate, but.... REALLY "the unthinkable happened" and "everyone is talking about it" and "it spread like a wild fire"?! Isn't that all a little dramatic? If you're not exaggerating I don't know how this makes me feel about BC!

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 pm

@apple

No one likes the person who feels the need to opine about the commerce clause when he hasn't had 1 day of law school. It's hilarious. Everyone was pretty much laughing. Once you get into law school maybe you'll see the audacity that takes.

You probably were that kid. Please don't be that kid.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

ash8309 wrote:

+1.

He did. His comment made no sense. That was the cherry. Understandable since he has never been in law school.

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:43 pm

BCLS wrote:@apple

No one likes the person who feels the need to opine about the commerce clause when he hasn't had 1 day of law school. It's hilarious. Everyone was pretty much laughing. Once you get into law school maybe you'll see the audacity that takes.

Not that kid. Female sitting on the West Coast here. Maybe you're right about once I start law school? I don't know, just putting in my 2 cents.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

apple1234 wrote:
BCLS wrote:@apple

Not that kid. Female sitting on the West Coast here. Maybe you're right about once I start law school? I don't know, just putting in my 2 cents.

haha reassuring. Well in law school any deviation from a routine is noticed and commented on. This was a large deviation and I definitely think it was worth mentioning.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 pm

I agree. I can see if he asked a ton of questions, but gossiping about 0L asking just one seems sorta silly.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

I guess I am a 0L though. :?

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I agree. I can see if he asked a ton of questions, but gossiping about 0L asking just one seems sorta silly.

You guys really think it's cool for someone who is a 0L to come into a class, at a law school he doesn't attend, and answer a question he knows nothing about? He cost us a little bit of class time and thus money. When you go visit a law school you show respect for the professors and students through deference. It takes a huge douche to do what he did.

On a side note, if you don;t like gossip, law school is not for you. Every law school is full of it. Welcome back to high school.

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm

BCLS wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:I agree. I can see if he asked a ton of questions, but gossiping about 0L asking just one seems sorta silly.

You guys really think it's cool for someone who is a 0L to come into a class, at a law school he doesn't attend, and answer a question he knows nothing about? He cost us a little bit of class time and thus money. When you go visit a law school you show respect for the professors and students through deference. It takes a huge douche to do what he did.

On a side note, if you don;t like gossip, law school is not for you. Every law school is full of it. Welcome back to high school.

Answer a question... That's pretty annoying. Ask a question... Less annoying maybe? In any case, I do agree you should show respect for both the professors and students and just keep your mouth shut. Like I said, not really appropriate but I don't know if I'd classify it as unthinkable and worthy of spreading like wildfire. :wink:

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

haha maybe that was a slight exaggeration.....but everyone in my section was definitely talking about it a lot.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Shit....that was me....so embarrassing. I didn't know you're not supposed to do that.... :oops:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”