Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ludacrispat26

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:15 pm

In today via email!

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Early December applicant/December LSAT taker finally UR. Good on BC; they're among the first to actually get underway for me.

brickman

Postby brickman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Is mailing= rejection/hold/waitlist and email=acceptance?

bigwillie

Postby bigwillie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 pm

So, I guess I was waitlisted/rejected today. Decision rendered, with nothing under mailings. Kind of a bummer considering I live in Boston and was sort of hoping BC/BU would be safeties. My numbers are 3.5X/170. So far I was accepted to GULC and waitlisted at GW. As I said, I live in Boston, so I should be getting any mail that BC sends to me in the next day or two, and I'll update this thread with the results.

Oh, and sent app around 11/15, UR since 11/29.

bigwillie

Postby bigwillie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:27 pm

brickman wrote:Is mailing= rejection/hold/waitlist and email=acceptance?

I believe the consensus is that something under mailings equals an acceptance and you should receive an email within the next few days, while nothing indicates a rejection or waitlist.

atkpl

Postby atkpl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 am

I know you all are sick of this subject, but..

Is there anyone here who got accepted with nothing under the mailing box?

I know someone said he/she got accepted with nothing under the mailing box

But is there any other people with such case??

I got DR 1/18 with nothing under the mailings..

Should I hang myself already??

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 am

atkpl wrote:I know you all are sick of this subject, but..

Is there anyone here who got accepted with nothing under the mailing box? Not me. I did have the mailing.

I know someone said he/she got accepted with nothing under the mailing box

But is there any other people with such case??

I got DR 1/18 with nothing under the mailings..

Should I hang myself already?? Hanging is bad for your health, I'd recommend not doing it.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am

I think, earlier in this thread, some people did not have anything show up under mailings, or receive an email for a couple days, but were still accepted. My decision has not yet been rendered, so I have nothing real to gain from searching back in this thread. I do suggest however, that those who have an interest in this matter, take ten minutes and read through previous pages before doing things as serious and hanging themselves, or asking questions they can discover the answer to themselves, with minimal effort,

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:26 am

I wonder when hold decisions will come out. BC says by 2/28 but I don't know if that means they'll wait till last second or if they'll actually do it earlier.

atkpl

Postby atkpl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:42 am

JenDarby wrote:I think, earlier in this thread, some people did not have anything show up under mailings, or receive an email for a couple days, but were still accepted. My decision has not yet been rendered, so I have nothing real to gain from searching back in this thread. I do suggest however, that those who have an interest in this matter, take ten minutes and read through previous pages before doing things as serious and hanging themselves, or asking questions they can discover the answer to themselves, with minimal effort,

Thanks for the reply

But, I did searched the previous pages, and that's how I found out there was this person who got accepted with nothing under the mailing. So that's why I asked if there are more of this case becuase I was wondering if he/she was some kind of an outlier.

And about that hanging thing, you know I was just saying it, but I aplogize if that offended you.

BlueDevil2007

Postby BlueDevil2007 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:47 am

DR 1/18. Nothing under mailings. I am not going to freak out like others on here seem to be, let's just wait until we hear something official.
Last edited by BlueDevil2007 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 am

atkpl wrote:Thanks for the reply

I was just trying to give you the most helpful response I felt I was capable of, no offense, and no need for apology! My point was: don't freak out, there's still a chance, stay positive!

iknownothing

Postby iknownothing » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 am

I think all we can say (based on previous posts) is: IF you do have something under Mailings, then you are in.

*Memories of LSAT logic flood back...* :?

emhellmer

Postby emhellmer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 am

Application Received 12/10. This is starting to annoy me.

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 pm

iknownothing wrote:I think all we can say (based on previous posts) is: IF you do have something under Mailings, then you are in.

*Memories of LSAT logic flood back...* :?

If you have a mailing, you are in.

If you are not in, then you don't have a mailing.

+1 for the contrapositive...

sandwichday

Postby sandwichday » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:18 am

I know this might be the last thing you who are still waiting want to hear about, but has anyone heard anything re: scholarships? Any thoughts on when we might hear from them?

Congrats to all recently accepted!

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 am

sandwichday wrote:I know this might be the last thing you who are still waiting want to hear about, but has anyone heard anything re: scholarships? Any thoughts on when we might hear from them?

nothing yet from what I have gathered

nyankees51

Postby nyankees51 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 am

Perch wrote:
sandwichday wrote:I know this might be the last thing you who are still waiting want to hear about, but has anyone heard anything re: scholarships? Any thoughts on when we might hear from them?

nothing yet from what I have gathered

I was wondering about this too. I was looking at past years on lsn and it seems that BC isn't necessarily as generous with scholarships as other schools. Does anybody know if this is true?

bigwillie

Postby bigwillie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:16 pm

bigwillie wrote:So, I guess I was waitlisted/rejected today. Decision rendered, with nothing under mailings. Kind of a bummer considering I live in Boston and was sort of hoping BC/BU would be safeties. My numbers are 3.5X/170. So far I was accepted to GULC and waitlisted at GW. As I said, I live in Boston, so I should be getting any mail that BC sends to me in the next day or two, and I'll update this thread with the results.

Oh, and sent app around 11/15, UR since 11/29.

Update:

I just got home from work today and in my mailbox was a letter from BC. Surprisingly, I was put on hold. Not good news, but considerably better than what I was expecting. Very bizarre considering the letter says that they will begin re-reviewing my application in early January... I guess I'll have to quickly write and a LOCI in the next few days and mail it off, but perhaps all hope is not lost for those who had a decision finalized with nothing under mailings on Monday.

lmtt

Postby lmtt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Also received the hold letter today. Hopefully I will still get in...

LawSchoolPorFavor

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm

DR 1/21...nothing under mailings

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Would someone mind explain the BC hold terms to me? I'm either held, WL, or ding (my letter's in the mail), but I'm in China and it's Chinese New Year, so the odds of it getting to me before March 1 are slim to none.

lmtt

Postby lmtt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:47 pm

"The admissions committee has reviewed your application for admission to the 2011 entering class at Boston College Law School. The committee is unable to make a final decision at this time and therefore we are placing your application on hold.
Your application will be reviewed again and we expect this review to begin after the start of our spring term in January. We shall m ail final admission decisions to hold candidates by February 28, 2011. You are welcome to submit additional materials for review, including updated transcripts, which should be sent via the LSAC Credential Assembly Service. Please be assured that we are committed to notifying you of a final decision as soon as possible. I offer my best wishes to you in the coming year. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
Sincerely,
Rita Jones
Assistant Dean"

So basically they need more time. I was a bit surprised because I thought my numbers would be very strong at BC. Kind of makes me want to go to BU...

lawschoolnonsense

Postby lawschoolnonsense » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:50 pm

When does BC send notice of merit scholarships?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:01 pm

thanks, lmtt. I hope I have a hold- that's what I'm expecting, but who knows.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”