Boston College Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockyIV

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Postby rockyIV » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:04 pm

I just got accepted into Boston College and it was the furthest thing from what I was expecting. I went UR 11/24 and got my acceptance email this afternoon around noon.

I know all of you are about to have a heart attack, but I have a 161 and a 3.4.

I dont know how the hell or exactly why the hell I got accepted into this school but I am shocked and about to go eat the best damn sushi I can find around here. Good luck everyone.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm

rockyIV wrote:I just got accepted into Boston College and it was the furthest thing from what I was expecting. I went UR 11/24 and got my acceptance email this afternoon around noon.

I dont know how the hell or exactly why the hell I got accepted into this school but I am shocked and about to go eat the best damn sushi I can find around here. Good luck everyone.

I think my heart just exploded, lol. Congratulations! I'm really hoping to get in too.

eaglemuncher

Postby eaglemuncher » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:09 pm

rockyIV wrote:I just got accepted into Boston College and it was the furthest thing from what I was expecting. I went UR 11/24 and got my acceptance email this afternoon around noon.

Congrats...This is reassuring

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

This is by far the best news I've heard for months. Congrats and hope we can be future classmates!! I have 163/162.

knotoftoads

Postby knotoftoads » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 pm

What's the consensus on scholarship info? with acceptance or after?

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm

knotoftoads wrote:What's the consensus on scholarship info? with acceptance or after?

Definitely not with it.

I'm a little confused about when it will come. The acceptance letter said they'd start in January. Then I got an e-mail saying March. :|

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Scholarship info comes after. Last year, they began trickling in during early Feb

Holy moly. Are you non-trad/URM? You must have something on your app that is extra special

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:07 pm

uk4220 wrote:In! UR 11/15, 168 3.59.

This makes me very happy. Congrats!
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

toptwin

Postby toptwin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:59 pm

In Via EMAIL!

peter844

Postby peter844 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 pm

tttlllsss wrote:Scholarship info comes after. Last year, they began trickling in during early Feb

Holy moly. Are you non-trad/URM? You must have something on your app that is extra special

Would like to know this too. Congrats though!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 am

Got my hold letter today...at least I was not dinged. Time to write a LOCI.

rockyIV

Postby rockyIV » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 am

peter844 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:Scholarship info comes after. Last year, they began trickling in during early Feb

Would like to know this too. Congrats though!

definitely not a non-trad or URM, dont go to a well-known university, my parents arent drug addicts, I have all my limbs, I had a Yale doctorate write a recommendation for me and I am quite happy with my personal statement, I guess they just accepted me as one of their 25th percentile candidates.

seriously, anyone with lower numbers dont get down on yourself just because theres a bunch of over-achievers on this site. Think of it like this, the law school receives over 6 thousand apps; there are less than a hundred people on this particular forum. Yes, this site may be good to show the medians, unfortunately it cast a horrible doubt on those who are REACHers (like myself).

TLS convinced me I wouldn't be accepted at BC.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:59 am

This is wonderful news!

But to be truthful, you are an outlier. Chances are, people with your stats would most likely not get in.

People on TLS will judge your numbers and it will usually be true, it's just that some people come off as d-bags more than others. :roll:

rockyIV

Postby rockyIV » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:03 am

Yeah I am still in a state of disbelief.

I just almost didnt apply because of this damn website, I wish I never would have googled "boston college applicants"

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 am

rockyIV wrote:Yeah I am still in a state of disbelief.

I just almost didnt apply because of this damn website, I wish I never would have googled "boston college applicants"

Yea, definitely don't let TLS convince you to apply or not apply. We're a guide, not a manual. :lol:

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:35 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:Got my hold letter today...at least I was not dinged. Time to write a LOCI.

Welcome to the Hold Party! I have a seat right here waiting for you. Would you like a margarita?

So angry over this "hold" business. :(

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:46 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Welcome to the Hold Party! I have a seat right here waiting for you. Would you like a margarita?

I'm not on hold, nor have I been accepted, but I would love a margarita while I wait.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:47 am

JenDarby wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Welcome to the Hold Party! I have a seat right here waiting for you. Would you like a margarita?

I'm not on hold, nor have I been accepted, but I would love a margarita while I wait.

Until you're stuck in limbo hell (although maybe one level above WL hell?) no margaritas for you, sorry.

I can offer you a coca-cola, though. We have Zero and Diet as well.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:52 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Until you're stuck in limbo hell (although maybe one level above WL hell?) no margaritas for you, sorry.

Darn. I'm in limbo hell at Georgia, but I imagine that doesn't qualify me here. coca-cola, supplemented with my own beer and wine it is.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 am

JenDarby wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Darn. I'm in limbo hell at Georgia, but I imagine that doesn't qualify me here. coca-cola, supplemented with my own beer and wine it is.

Hm, I can make an exception in your circumstance.

*slides a cadillac margarita over*

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hm, I can make an exception in your circumstance.

Excellent, I'm definitely pulling for you across the board!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 am

JenDarby wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hm, I can make an exception in your circumstance.

Excellent, I'm definitely pulling for you across the board!

LOL! Thanks. I need it, as a reverse splitter, I am handicapped a bit.

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:Got my hold letter today...at least I was not dinged. Time to write a LOCI.

+1

In fact, queenlizzie, I think we've had the same outcome for nearly all our schools...

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:39 am

nightman09 wrote:

+1

In fact, queenlizzie, I think we've had the same outcome for nearly all our schools...

Nightman09, what are you're #'s if you don't mind me asking.

*Joins the Hold Party*

Margaritas <33.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:47 am

For those that received their hold letters, I'm just wondering, did your status checker change to decision rendered? I'm still UR as of 11/30. Maybe they haven't gotten to that pile yet.

GL to everyone on hold! I would assume that's better than the Waitlist.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”