Boston College Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NZA

Silver

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Post by NZA » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Sigh. I never understood the no birth control thing. Let the people run wild!!
It sucks. Conveniently, most Catholics ignore it! :D

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 pm

NZA wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Sigh. I never understood the no birth control thing. Let the people run wild!!
It sucks. Conveniently, most Catholics ignore it! :D

Lol, well good. :)

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:I can't speak for BC, but the "it's there if you want it, not there if you don't want it" was certainly true of Georgetown where I did my undergrad. Jesuit colleges don't try to impose religion on you like in grammar/middle/high school, as you're an adult who can make your own decisions. However, some secular students got annoyed that at Georgetown, there are certain restrictions due to its Catholic identiy (no birth control available at the medical center, an official policy against co-habitation at dorms, no toleration for pro-choice student clubs or speakers). I imagine it would be very similar at BC, but the Catholic emphasis will mostly be on social justice.
Its not like that at all here. Its here if you want it. Simple as that.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 am

I am sorry if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but my BC status checker says that my decision was made on 12/2. I still haven't gotten anything in the mail. I want to be patient and not bug the admissions office obviously, but we're coming up on two weeks. Anyone else take this long to get theirs?

I live within a single day's drive of Boston, too. It's not like I'm in Alaska.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 am

Bumi wrote:I am sorry if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but my BC status checker says that my decision was made on 12/2. I still haven't gotten anything in the mail. I want to be patient and not bug the admissions office obviously, but we're coming up on two weeks. Anyone else take this long to get theirs?

I live within a single day's drive of Boston, too. It's not like I'm in Alaska.
:? From what I remember in this thread thus far, you would definitely be an exception. Might be worth a call to the admissions office. Wait until Friday to make it a full two weeks, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:32 am

Okay interesting. I'll wait a few more days and then if I still haven't heard I'll call them up.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 am

Oh.

Just read more of the thread. People who got in got an email.

Oh well.

Ldubs

New

Post by Ldubs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:01 pm

any emails today?

Birdlaw

Bronze

Post by Birdlaw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Under review since freaking 11/22. I don't know what the hold up is, make a decision already!
My GPA is over their 75th, but my LSAT is at their 25th. I guess I could see how it is a hard decision.

But I mean come on, just decide whether or not you value a student who achieved high marks over a four year period or do you want a student who literally answered three more questions on a standardized test than me.

The choice is yours BC!

(I should just retake already)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Azure Viper

New

Post by Azure Viper » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Birdlaw wrote:Under review since freaking 11/22. I don't know what the hold up is, make a decision already!
My GPA is over their 75th, but my LSAT is at their 25th. I guess I could see how it is a hard decision.

But I mean come on, just decide whether or not you value a student who achieved high marks over a four year period or do you want a student who literally answered three more questions on a standardized test than me.

The choice is yours BC!

I'm in the same boat as you. LSAT is at their 25th, but my GPA is over their 75th. I've only been under review since 12/7 though. I'm envisioning a waitlist, just like with Fordham. Hope I'm wrong.

Birdlaw

Bronze

Post by Birdlaw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Azure Viper wrote:
Birdlaw wrote:Under review since freaking 11/22. I don't know what the hold up is, make a decision already!

The choice is yours BC!

I'm in the same boat as you. LSAT is at their 25th, but my GPA is over their 75th. I've only been under review since 12/7 though. I'm envisioning a waitlist, just like with Fordham. Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, all this talk about holds has kind of gotten me wondering if thats going to be my fate. I'm a little surprised by how low their 75th percentile GPA is though. Of all the schools in BC's range, only Emory has a 75th below 3.7. The next closest school is American at a 3.56 and they are over 20 ranks below BC. I guess the best bet we will have is if they want to raise their GPA medians and percentiles.

Bela

Bronze

Post by Bela » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:15 pm

The choice is yours BC!

I've been UR since 11/15 with credentials over both 75ths. I've come to the conclusion that it's really of no use asking "why haven't they told me yet?!". I think my application is really strong, but there must be some holistic ranking. Or maybe the admits are coming from certain committee members, etc. I just check my status every day and frown.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Been UR since 11/16.

It's really hard to tell with BC. I tried sooo hard last year to get into BC. I wrote them a beautiful LOCI. Nothing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

zeke18

Bronze

Post by zeke18 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm

UR since 11/18 here

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Hopefully more status checkers change to "decision rendered" tomorrow or Friday. I'm still UR as of 11/16 as well.

The only thing I dislike about it going on Friday is that you have to wait the entire weekend to know whether you got in or not.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:Hopefully more status checkers change to "decision rendered" tomorrow or Friday. I'm still UR as of 11/16 as well.

The only thing I dislike about it going on Friday is that you have to wait the entire weekend to know whether you got in or not.
Friday decisions are the worst because you most likely will have to wait over the weekend to see if you get an email or not.

ETA: ok QL, I saw that you wrote essentially the same thing... oops. :oops:
Last edited by Gemini on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Let's say I have a 3/4 offer from W&M. Would it be best to send it to BC now (before they've begun sending offers) or in late-Jan (once they've begun sending offers)?

Ultimately, I would like to get BC to match or come somewhat close to my W&M offer (BC is probably my top-choice, overall).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

runnergirl89

New

Post by runnergirl89 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:40 pm

tttlllsss wrote:Let's say I have a 3/4 offer from W&M. Would it be best to send it to BC now (before they've begun sending offers) or in late-Jan (once they've begun sending offers)?

Ultimately, I would like to get BC to match or come somewhat close to my W&M offer (BC is probably my top-choice, overall).
I am in the same situation. I was planning to just wait it out to see what happens in january...

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 pm

UR 11/16 + decision rendered 12/14 + no email = rejection?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 pm

luckyme wrote:UR 11/16 + decision rendered 12/14 + no email = rejection?
That or WL but let's just hope that they're really slow with sending out emails.

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
luckyme wrote:UR 11/16 + decision rendered 12/14 + no email = rejection?
That or WL but let's just hope that they're really slow with sending out emails.
is there confirmation of this? it seems that there have been few responses from the last wave of decisions

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:44 pm

The choice is yours BC!

UR 11/17...still waiting. I'm over 75th on LSAT, but just below 25th on GPA. Guess they're not loving splitters or reverse splitters so far, Birdlaw.

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:

The choice is yours BC!

UR 11/17...still waiting. I'm over 75th on LSAT, but just below 25th on GPA. Guess they're not loving splitters or reverse splitters so far, Birdlaw.
LSP is particularly inaccurate for BC...the 75th LSAT is 165 on LSP and 167 on BC's website

Ldubs

New

Post by Ldubs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Something's a little different about the decisions rendered yesterday. No e-mail acceptances on here or on lsn... i'm thinking maybe a batch of rejections?

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Ldubs wrote:Something's a little different about the decisions rendered yesterday. No e-mail acceptances on here or on lsn... i'm thinking maybe a batch of rejections?
probably

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”