Boston College Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Gold

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Post by krad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
krad wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:I know I'm late in the game, but I'm in! My work has blocked gmail access, so I had to have my sister log into my email account all day and let me know if I got the email. I ended up getting a text message in the middle of a teleconference call with a client, and I nearly started crying and screaming from joy in the middle of the meeting but had to compose myself.

I have 162 and 3.85 with four years solid work experience. Applied 10/30.

Aggiegrad, I'm really sorry to hear about your status! You're probably overqualified, as I know your stats were better than mine. But don't give up! I ended up getting off the waitlist at my undergrad institution, and they only took 1% off the waitlist. You can beat the odds! You just need to show them how much you're interested in the program.

Congrats to many of you on the board! I may just being seeing you as a classmate!
What a pain, but congrats!!
Congrats LSATN and krad, is that you in the avatar?
Yup...

Bela

Bronze

Post by Bela » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 pm

mm202 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
sandwichday wrote:This waiting is making me nuts! UR since 11/14 and nothing! Oh when oh when will I hear from you, BC?
+1 but 11/16. The wait is mental torture.
Also 11/16 - constantly checking status checkers/TLS instead of preparing for finals... :roll:
Right in the middle at 11/15. Judging by LSN they haven't gotten to our dates yet...not that it makes me stop checking my status compulsively.

nsideirish

Bronze

Post by nsideirish » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:33 pm

krad wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
krad wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:I know I'm late in the game, but I'm in! My work has blocked gmail access, so I had to have my sister log into my email account all day and let me know if I got the email. I ended up getting a text message in the middle of a teleconference call with a client, and I nearly started crying and screaming from joy in the middle of the meeting but had to compose myself.

I have 162 and 3.85 with four years solid work experience. Applied 10/30.

Aggiegrad, I'm really sorry to hear about your status! You're probably overqualified, as I know your stats were better than mine. But don't give up! I ended up getting off the waitlist at my undergrad institution, and they only took 1% off the waitlist. You can beat the odds! You just need to show them how much you're interested in the program.

Congrats to many of you on the board! I may just being seeing you as a classmate!
What a pain, but congrats!!
Congrats LSATN and krad, is that you in the avatar?
Yup...

Hi. :wink:

aidez-moi

Bronze

Post by aidez-moi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Complete on 11/16 and Decision Rendered today.

Unfortunately, I already left home for the holiday break. Is there any hope that they might let me know the decision over the phone? I think I read something on here about an email the day after the decision - if I do not receive an email, is it safe to say WL/reject?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 pm

aidez-moi, we completed the same day... I immediately checked my status as soon as I saw your post. Nothing yet on my account. I have developed more and more patience throughout this application process...

LSAT 161
GPA 3.38
Have my MBA
URM

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:17 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:aidez-moi, we completed the same day... I immediately checked my status as soon as I saw your post. Nothing yet on my account. I have developed more and more patience throughout this application process...

LSAT 161
GPA 3.38
Have my MBA
URM
My status date is 11/16/2010 as well. Nothing yet on my account either. It still says that I am UR.

lunaissleeping

New

Post by lunaissleeping » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:17 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:aidez-moi, we completed the same day... I immediately checked my status as soon as I saw your post. Nothing yet on my account. I have developed more and more patience throughout this application process...

LSAT 161
GPA 3.38
Have my MBA
URM
My status date is 11/16/2010 as well. Nothing yet on my account either. It still says that I am UR.
+1

aidez-moi

Bronze

Post by aidez-moi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Hmm. Well if mine was rendered today I'd be surprised if others didn't receive something this week. (And good luck by the way!)

There's some kind of video email if accepted right? And nothing for WL/reject?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 pm

aidez-moi wrote:Hmm. Well if mine was rendered today I'd be surprised if others didn't receive something this week.

Right. video within 24 hours. If you're held, waitlisted, or rejected you get a nice linen paper letter in the mail within 2-3 days (I got my hold on Monday).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bela

Bronze

Post by Bela » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:27 pm

aidez-moi wrote:Hmm. Well if mine was rendered today I'd be surprised if others didn't receive something this week. (And good luck by the way!)

I hope so! I completed on 11/15 and am above the 75% for GPA and LSAT, but I legitimately want to go to BC. (I have a great job in the Boston area, and I live here)

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 pm

nsideirish wrote: Hi. :wink:
Haha, hi!

Good luck to those going Decision Rendered!!

sandwichday

New

Post by sandwichday » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Anyone else see their status change today (desperate for any good news)???

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm still UR 11/29

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ldubs

New

Post by Ldubs » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I am decision rendered as well. Did we ever come to a conclusion as to whether or not anything under mailings indicated something?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Ldubs wrote:I am decision rendered as well. Did we ever come to a conclusion as to whether or not anything under mailings indicated something?
I believe the consensus is that nothing under mailings is not good.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Looks like nothing under mailings and no e-mail meant a hold, because a hold isn't technically a decision (accept, reject, waitlist are decisions). A hold is not a waitlist, rejection or hold, therefore it is not a decision. That's all I can think of.

aidez-moi

Bronze

Post by aidez-moi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Looks like nothing under mailings and no e-mail meant a hold, because a hold isn't technically a decision (accept, reject, waitlist are decisions). A hold is not a waitlist, rejection or hold, therefore it is not a decision. That's all I can think of.
I thought a hold was the same as a wait list? Are they different?

And Ldubs, I don't know if BC was a reach for you or not, but it was for me. Although an acceptance would be nice, I didn't expect it at this stage. (And mailings is blank for me.)

For what it's worth.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:57 pm

I thought a hold was the same as a wait list? Are they different?
Yes, very different! As it was explained tome: A "hold" is akin to when you're taking an exam and you come across a really difficult problem, so you skip that problem and work through others until you're ready to go back to the harder problem. So essentially, a hold can result in: Waitlist or admission. They don't reject from "hold". They will reject from Waitlist...But it's a different pool of applicants for "hold", and you are given a deadline of February 28th, which is another way it's much different from waitlist.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Still UR 11/16. I survive another day.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Still UR 11/16. I survive another day.
If you get in we need to compare notes! I am going to get to the bottom of how the heck they make the decisions they do, even if it kills me!! I wonder if it'd be something as small as that 1 point difference on our LSAT scores. Probably would, seems like the kind of thing that'd happen. LOL :D

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:52 pm

11/30, and me, too.

Being on the later end of applicants on TLS makes me even more paranoid than I normally would be. Everyone is getting in, and I'm like, "Wtf, do I just suck?" :P

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
If you get in we need to compare notes! I am going to get to the bottom of how the heck they make the decisions they do, even if it kills me!! I wonder if it'd be something as small as that 1 point difference on our LSAT scores. Probably would, seems like the kind of thing that'd happen. LOL :D
If you're going off my LSN, it's a bit fudged. I'm 2 points above your score. I don't know if I'll get in. BC is extremely holistic. People with a 160 and high GPA have been accepted.

Acceptance or no acceptance for me, I would always recommend to apply as soon as possible.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:54 pm

NZA wrote:
11/30, and me, too.

Being on the later end of applicants on TLS makes me even more paranoid than I normally would be. Everyone is getting in, and I'm like, "Wtf, do I just suck?" :P
It's better to THINK you suck, than to get a letter saying you suck. :P

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
NZA wrote:
11/30, and me, too.

It's better to THINK you suck, than to get a letter saying you suck. :P
LOL, you don't suck, homie. You rock too hard.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
If you're going off my LSN, it's a bit fudged. I'm 2 points above your score. I don't know if I'll get in. BC is extremely holistic. People with a 160 and high GPA have been accepted.

Acceptance or no acceptance for me, I would always recommend to apply as soon as possible.
I applied as soon as I could (October LSAT score), in fact my apps were already sitting and waiting to be sent once I had a reportable score.

If it's so holistic, I wonder what they've got against me... Military, 100+ hours of community service, civil air patrol, national publication in a scholarly work, water polo team, I mean holy jesus how much more do I need to have done BESIDES my LSAT score being higher? I honestly can't look at my last 4 years and think of ANYTHING I could really add. I am not just a library jockey. I play sports, I chair committees and plan fundraisers, I mentor high school kids in english for god's sake.

I don't think they're as holistic as they say they are, because there's no way they could turn me down if that's the case. My pre-law advisor said my file is like the poster-girl of what an ideal law applicant is, with work experience, life experience, community involvement and a sterling transcript. *Holistically* there's no flaw in my application. The only damn flaw is the stupid LSAT score. :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”