Boston College Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Re: Boston College Applicants Thread

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:25 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:How long did it take those of you with decisions to receive your letters/packets?
I had DR 12/5 and status checker updated on 12/6, got the acceptance video on 12/7 and the package came yesterday 12/10
What'd you have under Mailings?

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am

I don't understand this discussion about mailings. Are people trying to draw a connection between a mailings notice and whether or not they're accepted? I just got a DR on Friday and have a mailings update on that same day, but I don't know what that means.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:27 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:I don't understand this discussion about mailings. Are people trying to draw a connection between a mailings notice and whether or not they're accepted? I just got a DR on Friday and have a mailings update on that same day, but I don't know what that means.
Everyone who has a decision pending (either reject or accept) has the exact same status checker page. There aren't any hints there that let you deduce your decision.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:I don't understand this discussion about mailings. Are people trying to draw a connection between a mailings notice and whether or not they're accepted? I just got a DR on Friday and have a mailings update on that same day, but I don't know what that means.
Everyone who has a decision pending (either reject or accept) has the exact same status checker page. There aren't any hints there that let you deduce your decision.
No we don't. We all say DR on our status, but only some people have actually have something under mailings. So either they just didn't get around to entering that under everyone, or this is a mixed batch of decisions, or it doesn't matter whether you have a mailing or not.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 pm

law_monkey wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:
No we don't. We all say DR on our status, but only some people have actually have something under mailings. So either they just didn't get around to entering that under everyone, or this is a mixed batch of decisions, or it doesn't matter whether you have a mailing or not.
It looks like Aggiegrad2011 is the only one in that particular situation. Everyone else, accepted or rejected, had "Decision Letter Mailed"; a correlation can't be drawn here. Maybe the admissions staff forgot to fill out that field on his or her status page.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawgrl21

Bronze

Post by lawgrl21 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
lawgrl21 wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:How long did it take those of you with decisions to receive your letters/packets?
I had DR 12/5 and status checker updated on 12/6, got the acceptance video on 12/7 and the package came yesterday 12/10
What'd you have under Mailings?
I had decision letter mailed 12/6 ... I think everyone so far has had decision letter mailed under it but not positive

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah, I was thinking that somehow they just forgot to put that they sent me something under mailings also (I even mentioned that on the other page on Friday when folks were speculating about the decision letter thing). It didn't make sense to me at the time so I guess if I'm the only person, rejected or admitted or whatever, that has it this way then they must have just forgot. Or they really don't like me.

I didn't get a video thing this weekend, but I wonder if they hand-write those in e-mail such that it wouldn't come until tomorrow anyway?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 pm

FWIW I am decision rendered 10/5 but nothing under mailings....

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 pm

JakeL wrote:FWIW I am decision rendered 10/5 but nothing under mailings....

Decision Rendered on October 5th? Please tell me you mean December 5th? :D

So if it was Dec 5, you've not gotten anything yet? No video, no letter in the mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

furrywalls

New

Post by furrywalls » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:00 pm

I also have DR 12/10 but nothing under mailings. I could be wrong but is it possible that we should interpret it literally. As in something was physically mailed for the people who have something in mailings and they didn't get around to stuffing envelopes for every decision that was made on Friday. Just a thought.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:36 pm

furrywalls wrote:I also have DR 12/10 but nothing under mailings. I could be wrong but is it possible that we should interpret it literally. As in something was physically mailed for the people who have something in mailings and they didn't get around to stuffing envelopes for every decision that was made on Friday. Just a thought.
To further test that hypothesis, we'd need to know when everyone's status updated. For example, if my status updated at 1:15 pm EDT and your status updated at 3:45 pm EDT, and I got a mailing and you didn't, that'd seem to pass the logic test (They didn't get around to stuffing your envelope). But if the reverse were correct, that you had a letter stuffed and I didn't, our hypothesis would be null.

So really we just have no frakking clue what's going to happen. The only constant SEEMS to be the acceptance video coming ~24 hours post-DR date, but the weekend through that for a loop (maybe, did ANYONE get a video link this weekend who went DR 12/10?). This is making it very difficult to do much of anything but sit here in a semi-catatonic state refreshing TLS all day. I really need to go play tennis.

jamiLAW

Bronze

Post by jamiLAW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Everyone calm down!!!!!!!! haha

It is extremely time-consuming to print, package, and send out letters, and in all likelihood, they did not get around to mailing them all on Friday and will continue to send them out on Monday.

And even if this isn't the case and the conspiracy theory that "mailings" indicates accept/reject is correct, there's no way of knowing which is which at this point. Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend and stop worrying; we'll all know for sure in a matter of a few days anyway!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:52 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Everyone calm down!!!!!!!! haha

It is extremely time-consuming to print, package, and send out letters, and in all likelihood, they did not get around to mailing them all on Friday and will continue to send them out on Monday.

And even if this isn't the case and the conspiracy theory that "mailings" indicates accept/reject is correct, there's no way of knowing which is which at this point. Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend and stop worrying; we'll all know for sure in a matter of a few days anyway!
A noble attitude and one I wish I could take part in so easily! LOL. Fair enough, though.

I will counterpoint and say that putting a rejection / wait-list letter into an envelope takes all of about 45 seconds. How many people could they possibly reject/WL in a given day? But there has to be something behind the blank Mailings thing. I guess we'll know in a week or so, like you said.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:25 pm

also have nothing under mailings. i do like aggiegrads logic and hypothetical result for those w/o anything under mailings :P

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:28 pm

nematoad wrote:also have nothing under mailings. i do like aggiegrads logic and hypothetical result for those w/o anything under mailings :P
LOL, yeah, it seems favorable for us non-mailers, doesn't it? :P I dunno, LSP has my "admit" @ BC and I put together a really kick-ass app package and of course there's always the military exp. and such so I feel really good about BC. Being rejected or dinged there would really hurt.

jamiLAW

Bronze

Post by jamiLAW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
nematoad wrote:also have nothing under mailings. i do like aggiegrads logic and hypothetical result for those w/o anything under mailings :P
LOL, yeah, it seems favorable for us non-mailers, doesn't it? :P I dunno, LSP has my "admit" @ BC and I put together a really kick-ass app package and of course there's always the military exp. and such so I feel really good about BC. Being rejected or dinged there would really hurt.
How competitive are your stats for BC, if I may ask?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
JakeL wrote:FWIW I am decision rendered 10/5 but nothing under mailings....

Decision Rendered on October 5th? Please tell me you mean December 5th? :D

So if it was Dec 5, you've not gotten anything yet? No video, no letter in the mail?
Sorry, I was just tired I guess. I meant to say 12/10 decision but complete on 10/5. Nothing since.
Last edited by JakeL on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Aggiegrad, when did you go complete/send in your app?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Aggiegrad, when did you go complete/send in your app?
Submitted 10/31 (Sunday after Oct LSAT score) ---> Complete 11/02 (that Tuesday) ----> Under Review 11/05 ----> Decision Rendered 12/10.

(Yeah, I have a spread sheet recording all that stuff. I'm an information junky)

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Aggiegrad, when did you go complete/send in your app?
Submitted 10/31 (Sunday after Oct LSAT score) ---> Complete 11/02 (that Tuesday) ----> Under Review 11/05 ----> Decision Rendered 12/10.

(Yeah, I have a spread sheet recording all that stuff. I'm an information junky)
You call it info junkie, I call it OCD. But I dont mean it in a bad way, because I am exactly the same way, I only wish I thought to do that. I guess my LSN account is enough to keep track...sorta.

I submitted early Nov. so my decision is probably not too far behind. :shock:

BC is one of my top choices. Good luck Aggie! Hopefully, you'll get that video message tomorrow.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm

I really, truly hope so too. So far, anything that LSP has had "Admit" on there for me, I've gotten in, so here's to hoping!! I wonder why the e-mails aren't automated, though? Seems odd to me. This whole process is odd, though...

And further on my OCD-ness, I even recreated the LSP spreadsheet model (with colors and decision predicted then actual decision) in an Excel spreadsheet to track the decisions and compare. Yeah, I know... it's unhealthy. LOL :X

I'm pulling for you too! At the very worst, you've got Wake Forest under your belt, which is still a T1 school!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I really, truly hope so too. So far, anything that LSP has had "Admit" on there for me, I've gotten in, so here's to hoping!! I wonder why the e-mails aren't automated, though? Seems odd to me. This whole process is odd, though...

And further on my OCD-ness, I even recreated the LSP spreadsheet model (with colors and decision predicted then actual decision) in an Excel spreadsheet to track the decisions and compare. Yeah, I know... it's unhealthy. LOL :X

I'm pulling for you too! At the very worst, you've got Wake Forest under your belt, which is still a T1 school!
You should post it up! 3link made an LSAT spreadsheet tracker and its a very popular thread.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Eh it's nothing special at all =-/

But it helps keep me sane. Kind of.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Ahh soo many empty boxes! I feel ya. I only have one answer out of... 14 schools.

But like I've said before, Id rather wait a long time and get accepted than get an answer now and be WL or denied.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Ahh soo many empty boxes! I feel ya. I only have one answer out of... 14 schools.

But like I've said before, Id rather wait a long time and get accepted than get an answer now and be WL or denied.
If I have two options:

1. Wait a long time and get accepted

-or-

2. Get a WL or denial now

Obviously #1 is the best option. LOL. :) I mean who WOULDN'T choose #1???

Yeah the empty boxes suck. A lot. Some schools haven't even begun rendering decisions at all yet, like Cardozo and Northwestern (And Stanford JUST started a couple days ago IIRC, not like I'll get anything but dinged there, LOL). I suspect this week will fill up Boston College and Cornell at a minimum (Since I went DR @ BC on 12/10 and then I went UR at Cornell @ 12/10 and lots of people got decisions really swiftly after their 3rd Ur date).

We'll see I guess. My poor husband just has to sit and wait and watch the time tick by on his ability to transfer to a pharmacy school wherever the heck I go. It sucks. Trying to have two professionals/students in a marriage is pretty difficult to manage.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”