Cardozo 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm

krb89f wrote:
I just got off the "hold" list as well via phone. They didn't mention any $, but perhaps there's an offer in the admit package or email? Congrats to everyone else who got off "hold"!


Can you clarify if you're getting off for May or falls starts?


Fall, FT

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:44 pm

got in with a nice scholly too... Still significantly less than st. johns and so i'm as torn as ever. I wonder if they'd be open to upping it.

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 pm

rocon7383 wrote:got in with a nice scholly too... Still significantly less than st. johns and so i'm as torn as ever. I wonder if they'd be open to upping it.


Did they tell you about the scholly on the phone?

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

buchy2009 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:got in with a nice scholly too... Still significantly less than st. johns and so i'm as torn as ever. I wonder if they'd be open to upping it.


Did they tell you about the scholly on the phone?


Yes.

jokerman
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby jokerman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:49 pm

rocon7383 wrote:got in with a nice scholly too... Still significantly less than st. johns and so i'm as torn as ever. I wonder if they'd be open to upping it.



After 5pm ET and still calling!!! WOW!

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:49 pm

I am over-thinking this, but their top 80% stipulation means the only way you lose the scholarship is if your in the bottom 20 percent right? This isn't some jedi mind trick where it REALLY means I have to be in the top 20 to retain it.

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby aliarrow » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:51 pm

rocon7383 wrote:I am over-thinking this, but their top 80% stipulation means the only way you lose the scholarship is if your in the bottom 20 percent right? This isn't some jedi mind trick where it REALLY means I have to be in the top 20 to retain it.


Nah, I doubt 2.9 is top 20%

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm

aliarrow wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:I am over-thinking this, but their top 80% stipulation means the only way you lose the scholarship is if your in the bottom 20 percent right? This isn't some jedi mind trick where it REALLY means I have to be in the top 20 to retain it.


Nah, I doubt 2.9 is top 20%



Turns out I was UNDERthinking it. Missed that part.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Hey guys I think I'm going to Dozo!

jokerman
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby jokerman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:47 pm

blacklawboss wrote:Hey guys I think I'm going to Dozo!



Congrats!!! Did you just get the call?

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:49 pm

jokerman wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Hey guys I think I'm going to Dozo!



Congrats!!! Did you just get the call?


Thanks! No I been in since Jan they upped my $$$

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:08 pm

blacklawboss wrote:Hey guys I think I'm going to Dozo!

Wow, I thought you were going to Fordham? Good luck making the tough choice.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 pm

ilovesf wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Hey guys I think I'm going to Dozo!

Wow, I thought you were going to Fordham? Good luck making the tough choice.


Sent you Pm

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby bigjinjapan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Got a call requesting information about my level of interest and any current offers I have from other law schools. I told them I had accepted WUSTL's scholly offer but would be interested in attending Cardozo if they could make the numbers work, so we'll see what they come back with.

ZFeinberg13
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby ZFeinberg13 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:04 am

A few people, (myself included,) have been asking in these threads if there's a facebook group for Cardozo's Class of 2014. I didn't see any, so I just made one up! The only other member so far is the dubious "Car Dozo," (I had to invite someone to create the group.) Anyway, I've never used the groups feature on facebook before so I don't know exactly what it will be, but feel free to join.



Cardozo School of Law Class of 2014:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 7928912301

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

Cardozo is renowned for the IP center, right? Does anyone know why they wouldn't have recruitment from Kenyon & Kenyon then? I was looking and K&Ks recruitment and they go to schools like SJU and BLS but not Dozo. Does anyone have any explanation of that?

starlaw89
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby starlaw89 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:32 pm

PT May Applicant... my status checker finally says decision rendered and sent as of about an hour ago. I called this morning and they said they e-mail as well as send a packet in the mail once a decision is made. If I haven't received an e-mail yet is it safe to say that I got rejected?

ZFeinberg13
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby ZFeinberg13 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:05 pm

ZFeinberg13 wrote:A few people, (myself included,) have been asking in these threads if there's a facebook group for Cardozo's Class of 2014. I didn't see any, so I just made one up! The only other member so far is the dubious "Car Dozo," (I had to invite someone to create the group.) Anyway, I've never used the groups feature on facebook before so I don't know exactly what it will be, but feel free to join.



Cardozo School of Law Class of 2014:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 7928912301


hours after this was created, Cardozo sent out an email with the OFFICIAL Cardozo fb group...

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr ... 6126474366

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:29 pm

They didn't mention it on the phone, but but I got a nice scholly in the letter they emailed today.

DJsm20
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby DJsm20 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Just got the call and I'm in. Said look for email today with details and financial aid info. Coould that mean some money?

auroojgulzar
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby auroojgulzar » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:35 pm

could the people who are getting in please elaborate if they are in for the May or August program.

Thanks,

DJsm20
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby DJsm20 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Fall and FT

auroojgulzar
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby auroojgulzar » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I need to hear from the people getting into the May program.

blsingindisguise
Posts: 1296
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blsingindisguise » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:25 pm

rocon7383 wrote:Cardozo is renowned for the IP center, right? Does anyone know why they wouldn't have recruitment from Kenyon & Kenyon then? I was looking and K&Ks recruitment and they go to schools like SJU and BLS but not Dozo. Does anyone have any explanation of that?


If you look at K&K's attorney page on their website, they don't seem to have anyone from BLS, SJU or Dozo right now. OCI lists can be misleading -- a firm may have an old relationship they want to maintain with a school for some reason, but it doesn't mean they hire someone in any given year (i.e. half the firms at OCI whereever you go might not hire a single person from your school in a given year, especially in the current economy). Of course, that doesn't mean you can't work at K&K from any of these schools, but you'll probably need top grades.

Dozo is a good school but don't be misled by the "IP Center" line. Ultimately IP is a very desirable practice area and the better a school you attend the more shot you have. IP "programs" don't make a huge difference.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:27 pm

--LinkRemoved--

All 3 current Cardozo alum were in the top 15% of their class.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Christinabruin, longsh0305, potterotter, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests